Call Of Duty Mechwarrior Edition

54 replies to this topic

#1 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:12 AM

Were on our way to september 2015 and...

The game is still broken. TTK is pathetically low, people are rage quitting after getting popped by laser puked alpha's/gauss with instant convergence. Something seriously has to be done, the game is becoming more and more sad and stale and comp matches are a pain.

Until they double internal structure across the board, and then crits actually mean something, this game will still continue to be :

Call of Duty! Mechwarrior edition!

#2 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:14 AM

Well, they do have a "massive overhaul" coming up SOONTM

What it entails? Nobody knows.

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 13 August 2015 - 07:14 AM.

#3 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

While I would certainly prefer a little bit longer TTK, the Call of Duty comparison is just a hyperbole. Even with the current state of the game, our robbits survive massively longer than you ever could in a typical infantry shooter.

The real question is whether or not we should be even more tougher, because we are already tougher by default.

#4 Fate 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Just curious what comp team are you on?

#5 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:18 AM

Also, in terms of structure increases, I would only support that on Standard Structure. That way, you would have a choice between the greater tonnage savings of Endo Steel, or if you want your robbit to be a hardass mctoughnuts with STD structure.

Perhaps people would also stop calling for Omnimechs to be able to min-max their internal "core," which is namely because Endo is almost always the better option right now.

#6 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:18 AM

For this complaint it all hinges on the fabled balance update coming.

Also after reading alot of topics I am convinced the gauss needs a nerf and charge up change to allow for auto fire after charge up.

I expect the big balance update may nerf clan weapons by a damage point each also.

Also how will the Inner Sphere XL engine be improved because it makes so many mechs so weak.

All the points above are completly on topic.

#7 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:22 AM

View PostFate 6, on 13 August 2015 - 07:14 AM, said:

Played with BSK back in the day, CWDG, Hell's Horses, CSJX, and Smoke Jay's, maybe a couple other teams briefly but cant remember. Havent been playing much comp drops lately, real life gets in the way.

View PostFupDup, on 13 August 2015 - 07:18 AM, said:

Also, in terms of structure increases, I would only support that on Standard Structure. That way, you would have a choice between the greater tonnage savings of Endo Steel, or if you want your robbit to be a hardass mctoughnuts with STD structure.

Perhaps people would also stop calling for Omnimechs to be able to min-max their internal "core," which is namely because Endo is almost always the better option right now.

Thats actually a nice idea. I like it. twitter Russ about it pronto.

Edited by Alwrath, 13 August 2015 - 07:24 AM.

#8 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:31 AM

Call of Duty? Far from it. You can't call in air strikes in MWO...um, OK well you can't pop a UAV....err...um.

Well OK...In MWO you cant do a 360° no scope drop shot crap!
https://youtu.be/XADW_hFbFbY

Oh...umnm....

I'm kidding anyway. I know this game can seem similar or repetitive, but it is actually deeper than CoD IMO. COD is good for mindless shooting and dolphin diving (and I did love throwing knife/hatchet kills), but it was very fast and twitch.

What I love about MWO (and MechWarrior in general), is that I feel like I'm part pilot and part technician. I love piloting the mechs, but I also love tinkering with them and trying to find that magical load out that works for me.

Besides, I like coming here. I can't imagine what the CoD forums look like. There is probably an army of Mods that never rest.

#9 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:33 AM

View PostFate 6, on 13 August 2015 - 07:14 AM, said:

Posted Image

< :lol: :lol: :lol: >

#10 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:35 AM

I still say, as I have always said, that the meta drives people away. It's the nature of humanity, we will gravitate to the quickest solution to a problem. Problem is, that is not conducive to an enjoyable state of affairs for all involved. There have been many different "solutions" presented but I have noticed something. Those who favor their meta are always the ones against them. CW is more or less a ghost town. Why? People don't like being insta-gibbed. Some of the more reasonable meta players admit that it happens to them and they are ok with it. Thank you for that honesty. But this attitude isn't prevalent throughout that sect. I hate being insta-gibbed and the meta, and I don't run those builds. I'm on the exact opposite side of that equation. The majority is people who like to insta-gib others, but who in turn do not like being insta-gibbed. We gotta find a happy medium here. Just like I will never get my stock mode or sized hardpoints, we gotta learn to let go of the meta too.

I played all night last night, didn't win a single match. No end to the laser spam. I even said at one point "thank God, it's just a dakka whale". I'm in favor of heavy energy nerfs to bring them more in line with the other weapons.

I know my positions won't make me popular. And I know there is a huge change coming down the pipe and as said earler, we have no idea what it is. Just gotta let the dust settle and see where we are at.

#11 Kira Onime

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 2,486 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontréal, Québec.

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:37 AM

Both games are military shooters..... I think the comparison ends there.

#12 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:38 AM

Don't be silly. This isn't COD.

...it's Hawken...

#13 Diomed

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 198 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:43 AM

I don't know what the exact solution is but the game is no fun right now.

Nerf ECM into the ground. Do away with quirks, all quirks. Ghost heat is stupid, flush it and fire the monkey who came up with that terrible idea. Convergence needs to die a gory, painful death.

p.s. what is with this laggy forum posting code losing keystrokes if I type too fast?

#14 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:46 AM

View PostRhaythe, on 13 August 2015 - 07:38 AM, said:

Don't be silly. This isn't COD.

...it's Hawken...

Hawken lol.

I liked it when I played it, but I just never stuck with it.

And what is up with Hawken's mechs? I know they are supposed to look "cobbled together", but every mech looks like Hawken's designers lifted scrap designs from Fallout 3 and stuck them together to somewhat look like a robot lol. The first mech is a television for pete sake.

#15 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:48 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 13 August 2015 - 07:46 AM, said:

Hawken lol.

And what is up with Hawken's mechs? I know they are supposed to look "cobbled together", but every mech looks like Hawken's designers lifted scrap designs from Fallout 3 and stuck them together to somewhat look like a robot lol. The first mech is a television for pete sake.

The new owners did change that. And for as silly as the microwave mech looked, it was surprisingly pretty decent. I dunno. They just liked the cobbled aesthetic near as I could tell, but for the game's ADHD mentality, it's surprisingly decent on the game-mode side.

#16 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

I wish I could express how much my eyes rolled reading that.

TTK is no where close to COD. Once people learn to play defensively they won't get wrecked so quickly.

#17 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 13 August 2015 - 07:46 AM, said:

Hawken lol.

I liked Hawken during its closed alpha, but then when I tried it in beta it got boring.

#18 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Not seeing a problem.

My TTK is through the roof.

#19 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 08:04 AM

Nerf all the things! Nerf all the things! Nerf all the things!

#20 M4rtyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 691 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 08:35 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 13 August 2015 - 07:14 AM, said:

Well, they do have a "massive overhaul" coming up SOONTM

What it entails? Nobody knows.

Love how this creates more questions than it answers. Primarily, does PGI themselves know what they are doing...

Both in how to resolve issues as well as simply knowing and understanding an actual direction for the game.

My vote is, no they don't know on either count.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users