11 replies to this topic

#1 Darian DelFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 15 August 2015 - 01:39 PM

Literally just spent 5 minutes looking for a Dumb ass that intentionally DC"ed when his team was losing. How do we know he was a DC, he stated it found a damn hole and DC'ed.

The main issue with this is we spent 5 minutes of game time trying to find him. If a Mech is the last mech on a team and it is a DC the game needs to END. Looking for a damn mech that DC'ed and intentionally did it on top of that is NOT fun.

Seriously the game already considers him dead why is is so hard to terminate the game.

#2 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 01:49 PM

Best advice I can give you is this.

In the event of an intentional DC, at any point in the game, immediately bring up the scoreboard and screenshot it for later.

This way you have a handy reference for reporting the cowardly sod to the moderation team, and physical evidence.

#3 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 15 August 2015 - 01:49 PM

Did one better, I happen to be recording for my Jenner series :>

#4 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 01:51 PM

lol, videos are even better than screenshots.

If my current computer weren't all but ancient I'd probably record my matches for this sort of thing as well. For now though, screenshots have served me well, and will continue to do so until I get my new PC built.

#5 Yellonet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 15 August 2015 - 01:54 PM

How is a screenshot proof that it's an intended dc? And why would it not be ok to disconnect from a game whenever you want? It's the game that needs to change, not the players.

#6 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 15 August 2015 - 01:59 PM

Because DCs can still reconnect. That is also why the CoC prohibits ratting the DC player's position.

#7 Yellonet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 15 August 2015 - 02:04 PM

People rat out others that are last alive, even if not DC...

#8 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 15 August 2015 - 02:19 PM

View PostYellonet, on 15 August 2015 - 01:54 PM, said:

How is a screenshot proof that it's an intended dc? And why would it not be ok to disconnect from a game whenever you want? It's the game that needs to change, not the players.

For one, read, he stated he was going to DC and did because his team was losing. However before doing so he found an obscure spot to hide

2. If you DC in a game it can cripple your team and cause it to lose. Seen many DC's in the last stages of a fight cause a loss

You hit play you commit to at least 15 minutes of game play.

#9 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 02:32 PM

View PostYellonet, on 15 August 2015 - 01:54 PM, said:

I've had at least a few games where, right at the start, if my side is say, 3 lances of different teams up against 1 full company of the same team, at least one to four members of one of those lances basically says "Screw this shite" and either announces their intent to bail, or just simply bails out without any warning.

So yes, the players do in fact, need to change.

View PostMystere, on 15 August 2015 - 01:59 PM, said:

Because DCs can still reconnect. That is also why the CoC prohibits ratting the DC player's position.

Unless the person intentionally DCs, then they are fair game. Because they've already broken the CoC and left the team one or more men down, making what might have been a hard, but possible match, into an impossible situation for the remaining players.

View PostYellonet, on 15 August 2015 - 02:04 PM, said:

People rat out others that are last alive, even if not DC...

Now this is an actual breach of the CoC and is not acceptable, just as intentional DCs are not.

#10 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 August 2015 - 02:49 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 15 August 2015 - 01:39 PM, said:

Literally just spent 5 minutes looking for a Dumb ass that intentionally DC"ed when his team was losing. How do we know he was a DC, he stated it found a damn hole and DC'ed.

We were just in game on alpine where the last guy wasted ten mins running away then suicided by heat

View PostAlan Davion, on 15 August 2015 - 02:32 PM, said:

I've had at least a few games where, right at the start, if my side is say, 3 lances of different teams up against 1 full company of the same team, at least one to four members of one of those lances basically says "Screw this shite" and either announces their intent to bail, or just simply bails out without any warning.

Ive been in the loading screen, said "SQUAWWWWK" for shits n giggles (it used to be the battlecry of the lowtax guys) and the entire alpha and bravo lances on the other side ran OOB. They said "**** Goons have fun with free money"

#11 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 15 August 2015 - 04:17 PM

nowadays all matches ends like, some ******** foking lights, hide, and rest are finding him whole time till 00:00.

Id aply a rule for the last mech alive from each team, that if he doesnt move more then 20 seconds, BOOM. autodestruct.

#12 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 August 2015 - 05:05 PM

That last mech all night has been suiciding after running around and trying not to die. This **** is aggravating

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users