#21 Tarriss Halcyon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 239 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 19 August 2015 - 05:53 PM

Bacon as a cockpit item? Nah.

BACON CAMO PATTERN. That should keep Matt happy, and make b33f's "Locust Bait" even more tasty.

#22 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 06:05 PM

View PostTarriss Halcyon, on 19 August 2015 - 05:53 PM, said:

Bacon as a cockpit item? Nah.

BACON CAMO PATTERN. That should keep Matt happy, and make b33f's "Locust Bait" even more tasty.

Posted Image

#23 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 19 August 2015 - 06:12 PM

So... someone mentions the "Ejection button" and the video cuts and when it restarts everyone is laughing and blushing. You don't think I know what jokes you were making, that had to be cut because they were inappropriate? You don't think I see what you did there? And then you had to cut the feed again when someone brought up 'tissues'. ;)

Anyway, it's a pity the Kerensky hologram didn't win the competition, because the judges didn't know it can't be purchased. The only lore item up for consideration. This game is in dire need of more lore, in any way, shape or form you can muster.

I really felt like Dennis was annoyed that there were no serious suggestions. I feel your pain, Dennis. You're like "I didn't get a frickin Master's degree in fine arts at the University of Vancouver to make twerking Urbies and animated toilet paper." And you're right, Dennis.

Posted Image

Edited by Alistair Winter, 19 August 2015 - 06:13 PM.

#24 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 19 August 2015 - 06:12 PM

Need a "That was easy." Button. With the line said when you score a kill.

#25 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 06:17 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 19 August 2015 - 06:12 PM, said:

So... someone mentions the "Ejection button" and the video cuts and when it restarts everyone is laughing and blushing. You don't think I know what jokes you were making, that had to be cut because they were inappropriate? You don't think I see what you did there? And then you had to cut the feed again when someone brought up 'tissues'.

Anyway, it's a pity the Kerensky hologram didn't win the competition, because the judges didn't know it can't be purchased. The only lore item up for consideration. But we got a bonsai tree. <shrug>

I really felt like Dennis was annoyed that there were no serious suggestions. I feel your pain, Dennis. You're like "I didn't get a frickin Master's degree in fine arts at the University of Vancouver to make twerking Urbies and animated toilet paper." And you're right, Dennis.

Yeah, Dennis seemed less than thrilled with the suggestions. Honestly though, it's not like the bar for seriousness of cockpit items is set super high right now. An Urbanmech that pops out of a trash can? A christmas elf? A disco ball and a lava lamp? A pug with a crash helmet? A trash can? This is what we have available for cockpit items right now, and any of these, if suggested, would have been laughed out of the decision making process. The few ones that met the seriousness criteria were all too boring, unsurprisingly.

#26 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 06:25 PM

Toilet Paper! Very Serious business.

#27 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 19 August 2015 - 06:28 PM

View Postaniviron, on 19 August 2015 - 06:17 PM, said:

Yeah, Dennis seemed less than thrilled with the suggestions. Honestly though, it's not like the bar for seriousness of cockpit items is set super high right now. An Urbanmech that pops out of a trash can? A christmas elf? A disco ball and a lava lamp? A pug with a crash helmet? A trash can? This is what we have available for cockpit items right now, and any of these, if suggested, would have been laughed out of the decision making process. The few ones that met the seriousness criteria were all too boring, unsurprisingly.

I know, and I've hated that stuff since the start. I think some of the people at PGI like to do the the funny cockpit items because they're at work and it's kind of fun to discuss funny cockpit items and it's a nice change from the norm of what they do every day. When people are making jokes about bacon and toilet paper, you don't want to be the office buzzkill and say you should make a statue of the Capellan Chancellor. So everyone just goes "lolol, christmas lights and ice cream!"

I'd rather have more serious cockpit items, personally. It's Battletech, not World of Warcraft.

#28 Sigilum Sanctum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 19 August 2015 - 06:28 PM

I WANT A TWERKING URBIE

#29 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 06:29 PM

Bacon.
It's whats for Dinner, Lunch, and Breakfast.

#30 Lexx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 740 posts
  • LocationSlung below a mech's arm shooting nothing but dirt

Posted 19 August 2015 - 06:32 PM

Why do they have to be "serious" cockpit items?

Posted Image

I think the really silly and random cockpit items would sell better.

Some people already take this game way too seriously as it is.

#31 Sigilum Sanctum

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 19 August 2015 - 06:44 PM

I would legit pay for an AS7 holding Terra up.

#32 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 19 August 2015 - 06:55 PM

Duh fuq! Seriously those cockpit items that they chose are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring. They got pages upon pages of great ideas and they choose those 3?

Edit: Everyone knows that when you put the word serious in quotation marks that you are not truly being serious at all. Honestly it appears to me that they didn't look over the cockpit items until 10 minutes before the dev vlog.

Edited by TheSilken, 19 August 2015 - 06:57 PM.

#33 ImperialCrusader

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 50 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 19 August 2015 - 06:55 PM

also for a cockpit item, wouldn't a pencil or markers box with a sheet of paper, to write down your worst enemies, be serious? you need to do that in battle :P

Also you could have a turned off music player standing there, for those boring recon missions, or while just going around

Even a clock, tea time, shift rotation or something

Edited by ImperialCrusader, 19 August 2015 - 06:57 PM.

#34 ilikerice

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 324 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 07:13 PM

View PostHelmstif, on 19 August 2015 - 04:33 PM, said:

I'm sorry but is that a DARN STALKER standing on the table :wub:

I know right? That thing didn't seem too sturdy. I will pay money to take it off your hands. My desk at work is a much more suitable place.

#35 FluffehBunneh

• PipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 74 posts
  • LocationCaerbannog

Posted 19 August 2015 - 07:14 PM

Funny how the Toilet Paper might actually end up being the community's most wanted "serious" item...

#36 DebaucheryNShenanigans

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 136 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 19 August 2015 - 07:26 PM

Best maybe a A10-THUNDERBOLT II in your THUNDERBOLT...!Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Fluero, 19 August 2015 - 07:30 PM.

#37 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 19 August 2015 - 07:27 PM

So how about an Urbanmech with a "good luck cat" that pops out?

Or a cat scratch post with a sproingy ball dangling off the top?

Sounds to me like we need more cat themed items!

#38 DebaucheryNShenanigans

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 136 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 19 August 2015 - 07:27 PM

Besides, Where are all the clan standing items....?

#39 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 19 August 2015 - 07:31 PM

Anyway, it's a pity the Kerensky hologram didn't win the competition, because the judges didn't know it can't be purchased. The only lore item up for consideration. This game is in dire need of more lore, in any way, shape or form you can muster.

Yeah, I would have loved to get more lore based items. The annoying part is that the suggestion for the Kerensky hologram was using that as an example to ask for holographic cockpit items of ALL the faction leaders (everything from Archon Steiner and First Prince Davion to dear Coordinator Kurita and the zealot Blake or the ComStar Primus).

I really felt like Dennis was annoyed that there were no serious suggestions. I feel your pain, Dennis. You're like &quot;I didn't get a frickin Master's degree in fine arts at the University of Vancouver to make twerking Urbies and animated toilet paper.&quot; And you're right, Dennis.

Agreed, except the big problem is that there WERE serious suggestions made. However, it seems like they didn't decide upon any to look at until the last 5 minutes or something. They should have ignored all the stupid stuff and only pulled the many good suggestions out there. I seriously thought the hanging pistol in its holster was going to be a winner.

On the other hand, the letter from a loved one with a lipstick kiss not serious?!? I've been to war, and apparently those people don't understand how precious something like that is to the soldier. I'd imagine it'd be just as precious to a MechWarrior who's been sent half-a-galaxy away as either a house soldier or as a merc on a contract.

View Postaniviron, on 19 August 2015 - 06:17 PM, said:

Again, the big problem here is that there were plenty of truly serious suggestions in the competition thread. However, they decided to pretty much ignore them.

View PostAlistair Winter, on 19 August 2015 - 06:28 PM, said:

I know, and I've hated that stuff since the start. I think some of the people at PGI like to do the the funny cockpit items because they're at work and it's kind of fun to discuss funny cockpit items and it's a nice change from the norm of what they do every day. When people are making jokes about bacon and toilet paper, you don't want to be the office buzzkill and say you should make a statue of the Capellan Chancellor. So everyone just goes &quot;lolol, christmas lights and ice cream!&quot;

I'd rather have more serious cockpit items, personally. It's Battletech, not World of Warcraft.

I don't mind some of the silly stuff, and they can be fun once in a while. However I really do want more lore based items, and more serious items. They had lots of great suggestions, and they failed to choose them . . . or even really talk about them.

Instead I personally think they proved to be just as childish and pathetic as the trolls who intentionally bombarded that competition thread with stupid ideas that didn't even remotely qualify. I was thoroughly disappointed and quite pissed off.

#40 Star Colonel Silver Surat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 157 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 07:38 PM

View PostFluero, on 19 August 2015 - 07:27 PM, said:

Besides, Where are all the clan standing items....?

I suggested the following 3 Clan items in the contest thread (http://mwomercs.com/...t/page__st__260); I think they already may have "borrowed" my first idea for the Clan Origins IIC early adopter rewards:

-Vials/Canisters of Clan DNA, one labelled for a famous bloodname or Khan from each faction e.g. Kerensky for Wolf, Osis for Smoke Jaguar, Jorgensson for Ghost Bear and Chistu for Jade Falcon

-"Initiate Enhanced Imaging" button/switch perhaps with a holographic 3D rotating model of a Summoner above it (reference to the Battletech cartoon)

-I know people have mentioned a katana sword for Kurita, but it could also be made in Jade Falcon colours to resemble Turkina's famous Katana

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users