Pay For Ability To Not Be Queued For One Map

3 replies to this topic

Poll: Pay to not be queued for one map (18 member(s) have cast votes)

Have the ability to pay to remove from your queue one map

1. Yes (6 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. No (12 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Rhent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 09:05 PM

I would pay for this ability. There are certain maps so dreadful to play for your build that I simply don't want to play them. The new forest colony is one of said maps, I would literally pay $100/year NOT to play that map in my assaults. Its a complete waste of my time and I lose the mech until the map ends.

#2 Spleenslitta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 23 August 2015 - 10:41 AM

I voted no because if it happend the meta would be far more focused in one direction for how to build mechs.
That leads to less variety in opponents and gameplay. Thus the game loses some of it's charm.

Many would stop playing Therra Therma allthogheter.
Sure there would be more money in PGI's pockets but that could lead to more extremely hot maps that players want to avoid so that PGI can get even more money.
This leads to less variety once more and so onwards.

#3 Seelenlos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 550 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 06:27 AM

View PostRhent, on 19 August 2015 - 09:05 PM, said:

I would pay for this ability. There are certain maps so dreadful to play for your build that I simply don't want to play them. The new forest colony is one of said maps, I would literally pay $100/year NOT to play that map in my assaults. Its a complete waste of my time and I lose the mech until the map ends.

You must achive learning on all maps: I voted No then deleted it.

On the other hand: at last it is a game and will bring PGI money maybe for a better game play, so why not, I would always go for Alpine !!!!

Damn, i can make no vote on this you b.... ;) (thumbs up you cauth me)

Edited by Seelenlos, 24 August 2015 - 06:29 AM.

#4 FlipOver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 24 August 2015 - 06:37 AM

Nope!

Not being able to play a certain map with a certain class of mech just shows you need to change either the way you play or the loadout.

However, I would vote yes for the feature of knowing what planet I'm dropping in, so I can have an idea if it is a hotter or more cold planet (provided the maps would reflect the planets weather and features).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users