Please Remove Founders And Loyalty Mechs From Training.

8 replies to this topic

#1 SpiralFace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:13 AM

So in the training Academy, the player has the option to mount up and pilot a Founders Hunchback or a Loyalty King Crab.

Providing mechs in the testing ground that a new player has ZERO options to eventually purchase in the store is a bad idea.

Its just an invitation for new players to be frustrated that there is something that they can pilot in testing grounds, but cannot purchase in the main game.

The hero and champion mechs are fine. The more reason to up-sell on the experience and give them a go.

But as a general rule, if you cannot purchase it in the store for C-bills or MC, you should not give the players the ability to pilot them in the Training academy.

#2 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:25 AM

Agreed.
New players might feel cheated if they're unable to buy a 'mech, they've *JUST* recently piloted in the tutorial. (Even if the 'mech is statistically the same).
Seems like a decent idea to only present them with 'mechs, they can actually buy.

#3 Fubbit

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • 84 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:34 AM

I disagree.

Everyone should get a chance to drive the finest 'mech to ever grace a MWO battlefield. The glorious HBK-G(F).

On the other hand, I have to agree it's pretty bad marketing.

#4 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:37 AM

I think in the actual release you could use mechs from the Mech Packs. This would be a way of advertising. I fully agree that having (F)ounders or (L)oyalty mechs in the academy is more of a snub to new players. It maybe a small QA oversight, but look at it from a new player perspective: why show a cookie that can never be had?

#5 SpiralFace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:49 AM

That would be amazing if they could have a rotation of some of the (I), (R,) and upcoming (O) mechs on rotation. Good way to up-sell the packs on some of the unique geometry you guys assign to those mechs.

Especially if you put JUST released mechs in the training tutorial.

So say if this tutorial comes in when the Mauler came out, put the Mauler ( R) version into the testing grounds as a way to up-sell the mech packs before it hits the store.

But yeah, putting in mechs with no chance to buy them is "no bueno."

Edited by SpiralFace, 28 August 2015 - 09:52 AM.

#6 KamikazeRat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 711 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 09:18 AM

View PostSpiralFace, on 28 August 2015 - 09:49 AM, said:

That would be amazing if they could have a rotation of some of the (I), (R,) and upcoming (O) mechs on rotation. Good way to up-sell the packs on some of the unique geometry you guys assign to those mechs.

Especially if you put JUST released mechs in the training tutorial.

So say if this tutorial comes in when the Mauler came out, put the Mauler ( R) version into the testing grounds as a way to up-sell the mech packs before it hits the store.

But yeah, putting in mechs with no chance to buy them is "no bueno."

I really like the idea of it being a marketing tool as well. Almost like a test-drive feature.

#7 Risen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 192 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 September 2015 - 12:26 AM

If you put them on display in the tutorial then please add full explanations as well.

Tell new players what R, I, F, P and L stand for and include, that some are not for sale anymore, but be ready for more "exclusive" optical content in upcoming packs...advertise!

And while doing so, explain hero and champion mechs...

#8 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 01 September 2015 - 03:52 AM

View PostFubbit, on 28 August 2015 - 09:34 AM, said:

I disagree.

Everyone should get a chance to drive the finest 'mech to ever grace a MWO battlefield. The glorious HBK-G(F).

On the other hand, I have to agree it's pretty bad marketing.

that reads like Hunchback Girlfriend.

#9 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 01 September 2015 - 05:07 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 01 September 2015 - 03:52 AM, said:

that reads like Hunchback Girlfriend.

what ever floats his boat, as long as my girlfriend (catapult C1) doesn't go into the tutorial it's fine by me...
... well it isn't a girlfriend yet... we only started meeting each other recently... okay we haven't been meeting each other. I didn't have the funds to take her out to the formal dance (Founders pack) and I only ever glanced at her from affar awhile having her picture on my "if only" wall (desktop wallpaper).

Don't judge me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users