Jump to content

Angel 2?


43 replies to this topic

#1 Karl Marlow

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 04:24 PM

So I know we have low population and the time window to do this makes that problem even worse. Even so is anyone planning on even trying?

#2 Ljeto

    Member

  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 02 September 2015 - 05:02 PM

PUGS United will help to take back Marik Home planet.

#3 ColonelProctor

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 242 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHorn Lake, Mississippi

Posted 02 September 2015 - 05:14 PM

Thinking of trying. Usually side with Davion but 4 million cbills is 4 million cbills.

#4 Karl Marlow

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 05:38 PM

I'll hop on when I get home from work but that is 10 hours from now. Hard telling how long I'll stay awake.

#5 Nightshade24

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,970 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 02 September 2015 - 05:56 PM

Thinking about possibly leaving my unit to try that out: I really want to try IS out for a bit...

#6 Duncan1dah0

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 373 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 02 September 2015 - 06:08 PM

I'm going to try to win one.

#7 Karl Marlow

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 06:12 PM

We have to do more than win one. We have to take the planet.

#8 MistWalker

    Rookie

  • Sergeant-Major
  • Sergeant-Major
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 06:51 PM

Hate to say it, but not sure I care. This really feels to me much more like PGI is saying "We really do not want to make CW any better, but let's see if we can bribe you to play it anyway." If we have a big enough group, I will see about trying to help out, but really just tired of CW in its present form. Until they give me a good reason to care what planets belong to whom, I am not worried about playing it.

Edited by MistWalker, 02 September 2015 - 06:51 PM.


#9 Monkey Lover

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,795 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 02 September 2015 - 07:08 PM

I gave up i can't stand fighting clan mechs. My favorite now is the 12 man arctic cheeter rush. Sure we used to pull the firestarters rush but we never killed 12 mechs without anyone dieing lol

Maybe after the battle values balance.

#10 Neput Z34

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 244 posts
  • Location...far away from a Land of my birth...

Posted 02 September 2015 - 07:40 PM

"How hard can it be?" The ever famous last words.

Apparently very hard, since after 3 wins and 1 loss the planet was still at 7%. At the going rate, it might be easier to take a dear carcass from a pack of hungry wolfs, then Angel 2 form the talons of the Jade Falcons.

#11 Karl Marlow

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 07:46 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 02 September 2015 - 07:08 PM, said:

I gave up i can't stand fighting clan mechs. My favorite now is the 12 man arctic cheeter rush. Sure we used to pull the firestarters rush but we never killed 12 mechs without anyone dieing lol

Maybe after the battle values balance.


Yeah we did. I can think twice we just steamrolled the ent re with our I lnitial light rush.

It used to be we go in and get the gen low and then fight with two heavy pushes and finish it off with a final light rush to secure the win. People were afraid the enemies would stop dropping or some nonsense so the orders came down to string them along and make them think they had a chance.

Twice we went in with that intent and the enemy team fell apart so hard they couldnt kill our initial 12.

Edited by ThomasMarik, 02 September 2015 - 07:48 PM.


#12 Ljeto

    Member

  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 02 September 2015 - 07:46 PM

View PostNeput Z34, on 02 September 2015 - 07:40 PM, said:

"How hard can it be?" The ever famous last words.

Apparently very hard, since after 3 wins and 1 loss the planet was still at 7%. At the going rate, it might be easier to take a dear carcass from a pack of hungry wolfs, then Angel 2 form the talons of the Jade Falcons.


We had more wins than that, or does time just flies.

#13 Davers

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 September 2015 - 07:53 PM

View PostMistWalker, on 02 September 2015 - 06:51 PM, said:

Hate to say it, but not sure I care. This really feels to me much more like PGI is saying "We really do not want to make CW any better, but let's see if we can bribe you to play it anyway." If we have a big enough group, I will see about trying to help out, but really just tired of CW in its present form. Until they give me a good reason to care what planets belong to whom, I am not worried about playing it.

Just to play Devil's Advocate here, if 4 million Cbills isn't enough to get you to care about taking a planet, I am not sure what realistic rewards PGI could inspire you with.

#14 Karl Marlow

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 08:00 PM

Yeah back when I got disgusted with the Marik playerbases apathy and took a hiatus All I heard was there was no point to taking planets and we would only do 's if there was an event.

Here we have an event that is a point to taking a planet and some people are still whining.

#15 Davegt27

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,584 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 02 September 2015 - 08:18 PM

I just signed a new contract with Clan quiet Bear

But if I could I would love to test my 3 PPC Cataphract


#16 MistWalker

    Rookie

  • Sergeant-Major
  • Sergeant-Major
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 08:51 PM

View PostDavers, on 02 September 2015 - 07:53 PM, said:

Just to play Devil's Advocate here, if 4 million Cbills isn't enough to get you to care about taking a planet, I am not sure what realistic rewards PGI could inspire you with.


Let me clarify. Make the planets mean something. There is enough lore in this universe to have bonuses set to most planets. You own Irian, you get a 5% cbill discount on any mech that was historically built there. Planets known for weapon manufacturing could give a discount to certain classes of weapons. Heck, make some of them give just a weekly cbill bonus to any member of the faction that owns the planet. A couple of thousand cbills a week. Anything that would make them more than little colored dots.

A one time 4 mil cbill bonus is not an event. It is a bribe and a desperate attempt to get us to care about a mode that does not mean anything yet.

#17 Javenri

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts
  • LocationAthens, Greece

Posted 02 September 2015 - 09:24 PM

I will give it a try today. I haven't played CW since I started playing again from a 6-month break. The one time 4 mil. C-bills is not an incentive but if we win this might make some Marik players return. After the massive quits from FWLM, the game is not the same for me...

#18 Davers

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 September 2015 - 09:25 PM

View PostMistWalker, on 02 September 2015 - 08:51 PM, said:


Let me clarify. Make the planets mean something. There is enough lore in this universe to have bonuses set to most planets. You own Irian, you get a 5% cbill discount on any mech that was historically built there. Planets known for weapon manufacturing could give a discount to certain classes of weapons. Heck, make some of them give just a weekly cbill bonus to any member of the faction that owns the planet. A couple of thousand cbills a week. Anything that would make them more than little colored dots.

A one time 4 mil cbill bonus is not an event. It is a bribe and a desperate attempt to get us to care about a mode that does not mean anything yet.

But Davion alone has over 500 planets. Are they all going to give 5% bonuses? Not to mention a 5% discount on mechs that you only have to buy once isn't much of an incentive. And weapons? I have so many laying around (I think I have 80 medium lasers in storage) that 5% discounts means nothing.

So a few thousand Cbills a week would make it worthwhile, but getting several years worth up front (4,000,000 Cbills) is not?

#19 Syncline

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 205 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 02 September 2015 - 11:48 PM

View PostDavers, on 02 September 2015 - 07:53 PM, said:

Just to play Devil's Advocate here, if 4 million Cbills isn't enough to get you to care about taking a planet, I am not sure what realistic rewards PGI could inspire you with.


I don't normally play games for the rewards. I normally play games for the fun of it. I've a suspicion that the reason nobody plays CW any more is for the same reason I don't: it's not fun any more. A big reward is a nice incentive, but it's not worth grinding for, and potentially not even receiving, if I'm not enjoying myself during the grind. Ergo, I'm not going to put any real effort into it.

#20 Kifferson von doober

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 242 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in England

Posted 03 September 2015 - 01:05 AM

I went to bed before i saw the news last night, sorry. Maybe a bit more notice would help, not sure how many of us check in daily at the mo.
Also doin it directly after a weekend promo where we got up to 500,000 extra per match probably didn't help lol :)
Anyone know if liao had better luck with it?





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users