71 replies to this topic

#1 BottomLine

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 30 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 03 September 2015 - 01:54 PM

So, it comes to my attention that there is a Tug-O-War between respect and hate for what i bring to the table for both solo, and teamed drop games I am in. This post is to give both sides room to speak their peace and vent frustrations in my game styles, as well as give understandings in what and why i do what I do.

So lets start at the beginning.

When this game first started there was no comms or any level of unity among players outside of units. this was a hard time to play in. it was Dog eat Dog for stats, creds, and elo rankings. a rough time for merc pilots like myself. we were forced to use central voip hubs for in game synchronization. which then lead to being forced to drop with players that didnt really fit with each other... Egos and Elo holders made the game hard for newbies to "fit in".

Now, the game is MADE to be played as a unit (regardless of unit loyalties) and my game play reflects this. Comms are a strong point to pull in those who are not in personal hosted Voips to the tactics. And I for one do not like to leave games to chance....

So, with all this stated- I am one of few that drives "togetherness" in this game by giving the side that I drop on a voice of experience in tactics and game flow. Giving the confidence to win by tactics to all who are willing to follow.

I ALWAYS ASK PLAYERS WHO IS WILLING TO LEAD, taking it when comms stay silent. I SPEAK UP (both in pug and team drops alike). willing to follow those who think they have a strat to win.
But with players having self conscious attitude and troll like mentalities, they are afraid to give out bad calls to learn from- I myself am willing to take FULL RESPONSIBILITIES for wins or losses.

I have dropped with every player of this game multiple times (both good and bad- elites and casuals alike) and have noticed a very disturbing truth- the supposed "higher" ranked (and "respected players) hide behind lines to "Stat Pad" their own standing. This is something I WILL NOT TOLERATE in game play tactics. I care not about your personal KDR or EGO STROKING TACTICS. I often times am forced to lead aggression (with no complaints as long as others are willing to follow) without a hint of care about my personal stats (my KDR is above 1:1 AND my win/loss is over 75%- speaks for where my values stand as both a player and member of this community). I care not for those who name drop or brag about their own personal feats. I care about the growth and enjoyment of this game among all who play-Period.

With all this being stated, My voip presence isnt always appreciated by all. But complaining about what you cant take control of is a childish approach to self responsibilities- IF YOU DO NOT LIKE WHAT IS BEING SAID YOU CAN HOLD THE TAB KEY (by default) AND MUTE THE INDIVIDUAL SPEAKING. DO NOT DISRUPT GAME PLAY WITH TROLL TACTICS AND WHINES ABOUT WHAT YOU CAN CONTROL. I do not lead for the individual- just the goal of getting paid and a win for those in my drop group.

On another point for those who think my tactics and voip presence suck- I end up with 3 random friend requests (always accepted) a day and a high of 15 in a single day of playing. on the other hand i drop 10 games with only 2 trolls and voiced D-bags that stop unified game play.

So when you that feel like posting "Praises" or "Complaints", understand where you fall in with the crowds that surround us.

Good Hunting to All and Hope to see you on the field.

The One and Only,
BottomLine

#2 Weaselball

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 670 posts
  • LocationHell's ********, AKA Fresno.

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:06 PM

The Bottom Line is the creator of this thread.

....sorry, I had to.

#3 BottomLine

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 30 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:09 PM

aint even mad friend. its a sense of humor that stops me from goin E-Postal like a child on those I can not reach.

"It is the mucus that bids us", (Ace ventura: when nature calls)

Edited by BottomLine, 03 September 2015 - 02:10 PM.

#4 Kodyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:18 PM

No offense...

But who are you dude?

#5 Agent 0 Fortune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:25 PM

View PostBottomLine, on 03 September 2015 - 01:54 PM, said:

I have dropped with every player of this game multiple times (both good and bad- elites and casuals alike)

my KDR is above 1:1 AND my win/loss is over 75%- speaks for where my values stand as both a player and member of this community

I care not for those who name drop or brag about their own personal feats. I care about the growth and enjoyment of this game among all who play-Period.

#6 Kira Onime

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 2,486 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontréal, Québec.

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:29 PM

I believe I dropped with you and your smoothing voice maybe 2 weeks ago. Definitely was enjoyable.

#7 AlphaToaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:30 PM

View PostAgent 0 Fortune, on 03 September 2015 - 02:25 PM, said:

*truth*

Posted Image

#8 Felbombling

• 2,973 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:33 PM

I've played with BottomLine a few times. He's a good egg in my estimation.

#9 Vlad Ward

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:40 PM

Sounds like another armchair general got told to shut up on VOIP.

#10 B O A

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 03:28 PM

BottomLine makes consistently good calls and rarely loses but when he does, that is when the bashers come out. Definitely not an Armchair general.

#11 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 03:33 PM

(my KDR is above 1:1 AND my win/loss is over 75%- speaks for where my values stand as both a player and member of this community)

yeah it speaks volumes
your kdr is barely better than 1:1 (otherwise you would show how much it's better) while your winrate is 75%, it means you played a lot of group queue games with a good group which carried you where you were among the worst and barely could achieve 1:1 despite ridiculous winrate

#12 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 03:43 PM

Reading BottomLine's post made me wonder...

If anyone made the username TopLine.

#13 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 03 September 2015 - 03:49 PM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 03 September 2015 - 03:33 PM, said:

yeah it speaks volumes
your kdr is barely better than 1:1 (otherwise you would show how much it's better) while your winrate is 75%, it means you played a lot of group queue games with a good group which carried you where you were among the worst and barely could achieve 1:1 despite ridiculous winrate

A 75% win rate is a 3:1 W/L. Coupled with his 1:1 K/D and "take charge" attitude, these indicate he is probably "command" material and would be wasted as a simple grunt. ;)

#14 Milocinia

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationAvalon City, New Avalon

Posted 03 September 2015 - 03:50 PM

Never seen you in game before.

#15 ApolloKaras

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 03 September 2015 - 04:06 PM

View PostKyocera, on 03 September 2015 - 03:50 PM, said:

Never seen you in game before.

I have seen him in game once, and I have seen him on Youtube. He's with BWC. Frankly I dislike his approach.

Reference:

He does tend to override the com. Also some of the calls are pointless to have on a comm do we need to know Charlie is being suppressed? Anyone shooting at him already knows this. I can see why you would have gotten trolled in game.

With that said, I'm glad that people have the desire to lead drops, there are not that many out there.

Edited by Saxie, 03 September 2015 - 04:07 PM.

#16 Milocinia

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationAvalon City, New Avalon

Posted 03 September 2015 - 04:18 PM

I don't mind heavy info on the comms, as long as it's clear and concise. Probably the best commer I ever dropped with was Colonel Tonberry. Had a professional US army type voice and everything he relayed was clear and relevant to our match.

It's a shame we don't hear more voice comms though. Too many pilots tend to wander aimlessly doing their own thing but they will follow the team if they're given clear instructions.

I'd get my headset on but I don't think the internet needs another angry Brit around :mellow:

#17 ApolloKaras

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 03 September 2015 - 04:21 PM

View PostKyocera, on 03 September 2015 - 04:18 PM, said:

I don't mind heavy info on the comms, as long as it's clear and concise. Probably the best commer I ever dropped with was Colonel Tonberry. Had a professional US army type voice and everything he relayed was clear and relevant to our match.

It's a shame we don't hear more voice comms though. Too many pilots tend to wander aimlessly doing their own thing but they will follow the team if they're given clear instructions.

I'd get my headset on but I don't think the internet needs another angry Brit around :mellow:

You totally should, we need moar angry Brits.

#18 Pjwned

• Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 03 September 2015 - 04:22 PM

View PostSaxie, on 03 September 2015 - 04:06 PM, said:

I have seen him in game once, and I have seen him on Youtube. He's with BWC. Frankly I dislike his approach.

Reference:

He does tend to override the com. Also some of the calls are pointless to have on a comm do we need to know Charlie is being suppressed? Anyone shooting at him already knows this. I can see why you would have gotten trolled in game.

With that said, I'm glad that people have the desire to lead drops, there are not that many out there.

I'm fine with people making calls on comms (as long as they're good calls) but that video really shows somebody who needs to shut up at least half of the time they want to say something.

Your teammates don't constantly need a god damn earful of chatter, and if you get people consistently telling you to shut the hell up then maybe you should listen to them a little bit.

#19 Kodyn

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 03 September 2015 - 04:32 PM

Having viewed the vid, I can see both sides of it.

Bottom seems like the type that's former military, and a little hyper, likes the sound of his own voice a bit much, which I can see getting on player's nerves.

That being said, at least 75% of the calls he was making were in fact useful, and in a lot of cases, the presence or lack of leadership can really make or break a team. At least he had both the fortitude and the know-how to step up.

I personally don't use VOIP, not because I don't think it's useful( I think it's great), I just can't handle any lowering of performance or FPS with my machine, on top of the fact that I hate spending any amount of time with a headset or headphones on. I go on TS3 for comms with my unit on drop nights, and enjoy it, but I can't wait to get the headphones off and get my framerate back when I'm done.

I can still tell when I'm in a game with good VOIP usage however, when I see my team operating as one despite little chatter in team chat. I generally know my role and where I want to be in those cases, so I take advantage of their organization, despite not being able to hear them, and having to type my own comments.

Bottom line is...BottomLine doesn't seem like a bad sort, and I commend him for his efforts. I still have no idea who he is, haven't seen him in game, to my knowledge, but get why he gets both flak, and fans.

#20 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 03 September 2015 - 04:39 PM

View PostVlad Ward, on 03 September 2015 - 02:40 PM, said:

Sounds like another armchair general got told to shut up on VOIP.

Or the more apt term... puggie commander.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users