Need New Headphones- Any Recomendations? (New Zealand)

6 replies to this topic

#1 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 14 September 2015 - 04:11 AM

as of 15/06/2015, my trusty but overly demanding Turtle Beach Earforce P11 has died after nearly a year of service.

He wasn't the best choice- but he was the best Headset thus far overall. Teaching me that sounds sound better then the pathetic excuse for speakers my computer has and that my voice isn't bad, it was the microphones fault in previous times of use.

That out of the way- I have a terrible sense of anything computer related, anti virus. keyboards, computers, mouse(s? is it mice for PC plural of mouse?). Headphones are no acception as you can tell by the fact it's a turtle beach which I wasn't allowed to unplug when my PC was on because it would have no sound overall (no speakers, no headset, etc).

I simply want to know what is a good, affordable headset in New Zealand (I'm in Ch-ch).
I can't do shipping and I am tired of headsets failing even with the utmost care. (This turtle beach failed due to the wires/ cables breaking near the base of the headphones and another location, tried repairing with various glues, electrical and duct tape but in the end it only delayed the inevitable. The previous one to that was a Logitech one that broke in half due to constant putting them on and off.

Another option is to get normal headphones and a standing microphone- which if you know any affordable good mics/ headphones that would also be appreciated.

I am not sure on what is better overall and if I should go wireless or not. (can't break wireless wires no?)

Normal speakers for my PC is not that good but I may live with it- however my mic for my PC is bad as it's built in and the fan of the PC is pretty loud when playing games. However at the moment it seems to be damage so it is basically useless now. (Playing with groups of people without a mic is not the funnest experience for me, I am often ignored and it is- in the end of the day without a mic just like pugging but harder and got a chance of a 12 man enemy team coming in and taking my unorganised group of small friends and practically a pug)

#2 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 07:51 PM

I use this... The sound quality of the Plantronics Gamescom 38x Series (Combined with the Soundblaster titanium hd) is so, surprisingly good and affordable.

The only problem is the mic is too sensitive. It picks up wind noise easily so, I fixed that by cutting up a sponge and fashioning it into a muffler for the mic. Works good after that..

The sound quality of this headset absolutely beats the crap out of a Razer headset I regretted buying that cost 3 times MORE!!

This is the normal type (I use this one.. Just bought a replacement after the muffler on my old one broke off after 2-3 years use.)

http://www.plantroni...#fndtn-overview

The USB type (I don't use USB so, not too sure about this one.)

http://www.plantroni...#fndtn-overview

Edited by ShinVector, 15 November 2015 - 07:54 PM.

#3 Potato Farmer

• PipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 60 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 16 November 2015 - 04:21 AM

Plenty of discussion has been through this, and a lot of people once recommended to me to buy a pair of Audio Technica headphones (~AU$100 should give you very good quality one) and pair it up with a clip on Harman Kardon mic.

General consensus is that gaming headsets are waaaaaaaay too overpriced (which I agree but I bought a Logitech G430 anyway). Logitech gaming gear is generally fairly priced, and quality is decent, the large ear cups can cover my larger than average ears pretty comfortably, and my ears don't really get too warm. It comes with a USB powered sound driver (optional to use as the analog jacks work as well) that gives you (5.1 or 7.1???) surround sound support.

#4 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 04:56 AM

View PostBulbasaur ICHOOSEYOU, on 16 November 2015 - 04:21 AM, said:

Plenty of discussion has been through this, and a lot of people once recommended to me to buy a pair of Audio Technica headphones (~AU$100 should give you very good quality one) and pair it up with a clip on Harman Kardon mic.

General consensus is that gaming headsets are waaaaaaaay too overpriced (which I agree but I bought a Logitech G430 anyway). Logitech gaming gear is generally fairly priced, and quality is decent, the large ear cups can cover my larger than average ears pretty comfortably, and my ears don't really get too warm. It comes with a USB powered sound driver (optional to use as the analog jacks work as well) that gives you (5.1 or 7.1???) surround sound support.

Obviously never tried Plantronics gamescom... Cheap and good man... Even beats Sony Headphones when it comes to sound quality.

I had to dumped my Technics DJ1200 Headphones because this headset sounds nearly as good...

If your headphones ever go faulty.. Get this guy at Sim Lim that shop at level 4 or 5... think its <$80

#5 Daidachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 461 posts
  • LocationThe Andromeda Initiative

Posted 18 November 2015 - 04:50 AM

Quick suggestion - if you're not fazed about brand, and want to keep costs down, check out EB games.

Most stock you can order and pick up in store, or at the least look at their range then call the store to see if they have any in stock.

https://www.ebgames....ity=onlinestock

#6 Krucilatoz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 11:48 PM

I have Plantronics Gamecom 780, USB 7.1. But, i think I won't recommend it, the U-shaped plastic headband is fragile.

Try to look for headset with steel / metal hinge headband. For sound quality, most of USB headset have the same quality since they use the same soundcard (C-Media).

#7 bigbangattack

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationCIMOHAY

Posted 26 June 2016 - 01:46 AM

sundul pakPosted Image Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users