[Bug ?] Mech Constantly Turning Left

9 replies to this topic

#1 Gizmoo

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 07:46 AM

Hi there!

after the latest Patch, everything was fine, exept MWO crashed two or three times. I guess it happens sometimes and i didnt put too much thought into it. But after the last time, when starting a new game, my mech just keeps turning left, as if i was pushing "A" all the time. Turning right with "D" doesnt help, but i can still turn my torso with the Mouse. Playing like that is impossible....

it happens all the time, with different mechs and i haven't found anything that helps yet.

i tried the repair tool and reinstalled MWO, nothing helped. :(

any Suggestions ?

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 16 September 2015 - 06:40 AM

Do you have any controllers/joystick/gamepads connected to the system? If so disconnect them. The game is receiving input from another device.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 16 September 2015 - 06:41 AM.

#3 Gizmoo

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:44 AM

well, i have a 3D Mouse connected to my PC. But it is solved! I deleted all the inputs at "controller" in the settings and now it's fine.

thanks for the answer!

#4 cleghorn6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 511 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 09:33 AM

Genius! This has be bothering me, on and off, for ages. Thinking about it now, it only happens when I have the XBox controller plugged in.

#5 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts
  • LocationOff in the Desert

Posted 13 October 2015 - 04:31 PM

My Wacom tablet will sometimes force this.

#6 Mister Bob Dobalina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 01:07 AM

After the last patch on oct. 20th I was able to play on proper match. When I was on the loading screen for the next one I heard the HW connect chime from Windows, saw a up/down scroll cursor and the whole thing stalled. Killed the app with task manager, fixed the whole installation (full swipe). Then went back in, checked into a match and immediatly after the drop my view in the cockpit went up and to the left and as soon as my Mech was powered up it followed suit. I killed the app again, tried to rejoin the battle but when I was finally able to get in I was still pulling to the left and I saw my teammates telling the Reds to blow my f&&çing head off. Deeply sorry to have pissed off my teammates on that one, I would have liked it differently. Anyway. Did a complete uninstall and fresh install, issue stays. Checked keyboard (Roccat Isku) and mouse (Razer Death Adder) software. Now I am wondering wether my connected (but unused) Oculus Rift DP2 might give me kick there. It didn't act up for months now, and it has also the latest software and driver versions installed. The only thing that changed within the last days/weeks is the big patch for MWO. Might have been the trigger, but whats the real cause? Any experience?

Thanks for any help there, when I am home tonight (CEST) I am gonna erase all oculus sw from the unit and disconnect everything. Could have done that yesterday already but your troubleshooting skills are somewhat compromised at 1.30 A.M. CEST ;)

#7 Smoked

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 319 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 12:13 AM

Nascar Mech

#8 Irishtoker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 102 posts
  • LocationIn a hole at the bottom of the Nexus.

Posted 23 March 2016 - 05:50 AM

I had this same issue. Using 2 logitech devices (mouse & gamepad), as well as an Xbox 360 controller plugged in. After I restarted the software and unplugged the charging controller my issue is gone.

Thanks for the help, took a bit of searching to find this thread.

#9 RAMGarden

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:11 PM

I figured out why my mech was constantly turning left even though I didn't have anything plugged into any USB ports. It was due to the virtual joystick software I installed to practice FPV flying a drone with my Spektrum Dxe transmitter plugged in via the headset jack. It's called SmartPropoPlus. I uninstalled it and the vJoy joystick device it created and all is well.

#10 Quandoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 220 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 02:53 AM

Happened to me few times when i switched back from windows to mwo.
It oddly moved left, couldnt controler properly. Switching back to windwows then mwo fixes it.

Happens since patch

Edited by Quandoo, 14 July 2018 - 02:54 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users