Group Queue Tip? ( Oceanic)

group queue Oceanic

9 replies to this topic

#1 MaDoo

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:57 PM

well , me and my frienda( group of 3) been trying to get into the match at the Oceanic server but never able to successs the searching. We wait for more than 15 mins and nothing happen. we hit the cancel and searching again and nothing show up.

However, we been able to get into match at the North America server for less than 10 mins mostly.

So what wrong with Oceanic server?

Or what do we do wrong.

#2 mr bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 328 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 04:02 PM

Combination of several factors:
1. You only have 1 mission selected and that is not enough.
2. Your combined PSR is too high and the MM has no idea how to place you
3. 3 is an odd number and there are no group queues that need a 3 man team.
4. You are dropping 3 of the same weight class which complicates things
5. MM Hates you
6. There are just not enough people online at that point in time on the Oceanic Server to give you a game..

So having said all that:
1. Select all 3 missions
2. Have a mix of weight classes
3. If you can handle it, just select NA and Oceanic Server, this way, despite the ping, you will get a game in.

#3 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 18 September 2015 - 12:11 AM

View PostMaDoo, on 16 September 2015 - 10:57 PM, said:

well , me and my frienda( group of 3) been trying to get into the match at the Oceanic server but never able to successs the searching. We wait for more than 15 mins and nothing happen. we hit the cancel and searching again and nothing show up.

However, we been able to get into match at the North America server for less than 10 mins mostly.

So what wrong with Oceanic server?

Or what do we do wrong.

You are better off sync dropping a single game mode... nobody plays oceanic group queue

#4 MaDoo

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:28 AM

of course , we selected all the 3 mission parameter, three of us running , 1 light, 1 medium, and 1 heavy.
any way thanks for replied

#5 MaDoo

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 04:01 AM

this is my thought on this game matching.
1)i saw many ppl (people) have clan name on them. why brother setting up clan if there is no friend to play with?

2)this game prevent new player(customer) to bring in another new players(customers) by making more difficulty for them to get into the game. I know that this game matching divided into 2 system ; solo queue and group queue, and solo queue game only allows 1 group per game (2 if each for side) for making a " fair game for solo player" BUT for low population server like current Oceanic, this system engagement work as neglected the server population growth factor and therefor the income chance.

3) if this go on for Oceanic server will be close due to not able to generate enough revenue to maintain server cost and maintenance.

you may modified game matching rule specific for low population so newcomer can bringing another new customers.
you may increase the quota of group per solo game matching.So new player can start to pair or small team can play win some ppl then when there are enough of group queues system could kick in.group queue will not able to initiate if there are not enough groups to begin with. IF you ask me how many of group queue should be able to take part in a solo game matching? i would say 6 groups per game , 3 for each side, so group of 2-4 can get their chance to match.

If 1 group of 4 ppl are already present in 1 side the Opponent need to have a group of 4 ppl before the team can get another 4 ppl group
by that . we got to play a game then we consider buying some cosmetic for our mech.

#6 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 06:57 AM

yawn... so sync drop already...

#7 adamts01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 18 October 2015 - 01:12 AM

View PostMycrus, on 18 September 2015 - 06:57 AM, said:

yawn... so sync drop already...

That's just rude and nonconstructive. Heaven forbid he wants to play a teamwork based game as part of a group. Oceanic is the only server I can play on without screwing my team because of my ping. It's 300-500 to Canada even using a VPN. It doesn't make much of a difference but this forum is how these terrible developers get feedback. Letting 2 mans in the solo que would be great, especially if it helps with the currently terrible mix of tiers, maybe give the two man a 1.5 tier multiplier. I'm all for solo players jumping in a group game if they so choose. If you don't want to have an adult conversation about a blatant problem with the game then kindly leave.

#8 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 05:03 AM

View Postadamts01, on 18 October 2015 - 01:12 AM, said:

That's just rude and nonconstructive. Heaven forbid he wants to play a teamwork based game as part of a group. Oceanic is the only server I can play on without screwing my team because of my ping. It's 300-500 to Canada even using a VPN. It doesn't make much of a difference but this forum is how these terrible developers get feedback. Letting 2 mans in the solo que would be great, especially if it helps with the currently terrible mix of tiers, maybe give the two man a 1.5 tier multiplier. I'm all for solo players jumping in a group game if they so choose. If you don't want to have an adult conversation about a blatant problem with the game then kindly leave.

yawn.. forum morality police..

#9 adamts01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 18 October 2015 - 07:06 AM

View PostMycrus, on 18 October 2015 - 05:03 AM, said:

yawn.. forum morality police..

I suppose what it is is that this game has a following from people your parent's age. So I forget for a little while that any time there's an online game you have to deal with children. I suppose it's my own fault not yours. Carry on with your trolling little one.

#10 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 09:55 PM

View Postadamts01, on 18 October 2015 - 07:06 AM, said:

I suppose what it is is that this game has a following from people your parent's age. So I forget for a little while that any time there's an online game you have to deal with children. I suppose it's my own fault not yours. Carry on with your trolling little one.

Son, you must be new here...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users