5 replies to this topic

#1 Kodyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:12 AM

For the Target Practice part of the tutorial, I think if you use a mech with AMS it counts AMS as a weapon, as I couldn't get it to count any alpha strike kills with the Jester. I tried both using all weapons on one group, and the alpha strike default key '\', neither counted.

As AMS is considered a weapon for loadout purposes, I assume that's the issue, since you aren't using the AMS as part of your alpha.

EDIT: I've actually now tried it with the Firebrand, with no AMS, and still can't get it to count an alpha kill for the target practice. Bug?

Edited by Kodyn, 22 September 2015 - 11:21 AM.

#2 Snowseth

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:35 AM

That mission!

You need to match your attack with the target type.
Cherry CT = Alpha
Damaged head = headshot
One-armed = Dis-arm
One-legged = Legged

Took a few minutes to figure it out.
But I think when you target a mech the specific action becomes highlighted.

Edited by Snowseth, 22 September 2015 - 11:36 AM.

#3 YaKillinMeSmalls

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 332 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:46 AM

Also sometimes the Alpha kill doesn't get recognized. It happened to me and only started working after I restarted the game.

#4 Kodyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 22 September 2015 - 01:29 PM

Yeah, I know how to get all the others checked, headshot, disarmed, etc, I think the alpha is just not registering for whatever reason. I guess the AMS theory is out, so it's something else.

#5 Anachronda

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 293 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 08:15 PM

View PostKodyn, on 22 September 2015 - 01:29 PM, said:

Yeah, I know how to get all the others checked, headshot, disarmed, etc, I think the alpha is just not registering for whatever reason. I guess the AMS theory is out, so it's something else.

Try resetting to defaults. That seemed to be the solution for some parts. I think I was able to get alpha strike to work just by setting it to the key the tutorial expects, but some stuff it didn't work on and I ended up resetting. Several players have noticed that for some reason the tutorial requires the keys to be the default keys instead of recognizing the commands from the keys you set. Must be hard coded in there for some reason.

#6 Dave Forsey

Senior Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 198 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 07:28 AM

It's a bug, noted and logged.

Thanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users