Non 'bug' But Not Good For New Players

2 replies to this topic

#1 Snowseth

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:18 AM

Upon completing the timed checkpoint race in Academy (first time).
Trying to race again (to get that extra 500K cbills), the mech spawns behind a small piece of blocking terrain.
The terrain is below sight level, one would need to back up to see it.
Otherwise, you 'move forward' and don't move.
This could easily be a big issue to brand new players.

Ensure mech spawns in center of crossroad of Obj A (race) and Obj B (basic target), and not 'offset' behind the little barrier.

#2 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,573 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:27 AM

Actually, that's close enough to a bug to count. It may not be an error in code, but it appears to be a design error.

#3 Anachronda

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 293 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 08:21 PM

I do dislike those kinds of challenges in any game; it always reminds me of things like this. But I understand the point of it. I think they should have left out the blasted tank traps, though, that was dirty pool. They'll be on the battlefield, too, though, so...

Someone said that the Thunderbolt was a bad choice for the tutorial because of its unwieldiness and offset cockpit. I did find it made that challenge more challenging, so maybe that is why they did it. Incidentally I also noticed that pilot efficiencies are not applied in the tutorial, which makes it an even playing field.

I did finally get Gold, but only by learning the route and not relying on the arrows to tell me when to turn.

*EDIT* I was being silly, it seems. The Thunderbolt in the tutorial is not one of the three I have efficiencies in. It's funny because I wonder if they would be applied after all.

Edited by Anachronda, 23 September 2015 - 09:26 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users