missing key strokes issues with new client patch

10 replies to this topic

#1 Ben Raven

Rookie

• Fenrik
  • Fenrik
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:15 PM

Tried running through academy again and noticed that the program would not recognize my F1 key stroke. I am also having issues with patch knocking out controller settings. The settings will save changes but the client keeps using the default settings. Any help with these issues would be welcome.

#2 Snowseth

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 99 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 02:32 AM

I think the tutorial has it's keyboard config 'set'.

For example; F1.
My F1 is Consumable 1 and F2 is Consumable 2.
Instead of overwriting F1 it ADDED Keyboard Layout to F1 ... so I had 2 F1 configs.

I didn't notice until I was in a live game, hit F1 to launch my UAV ... and the keyboard config popped-up.
I'm not sure if it actually launched my UAV.
Both were assigned to F1.

The Tutorial is great for new players (fantastic really), but those with already customized configs ... it can be a bit wonky.

#3 Sarlic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 23 September 2015 - 02:35 AM

My F1 didnt got recognsized as well..how do you solve it?

Edit: D'oh turn off the FLOCK key found on your keyboard. My FLOCK key is next to F12.

Edited by Sarlic, 23 September 2015 - 03:16 AM.

#4 Ben Raven

Rookie

• Fenrik
  • Fenrik
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 05:13 PM

Double checked the flock key and unflocked it. funtionality restored. still having issues with program recognizing controller.

#5 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 September 2015 - 07:17 PM

Somebody I know playing on a Mac couldn't complete the tutorial because MWO didn't recognise his F1 key as an F1 key... he had to kill the game to get out.

#6 Anachronda

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 293 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 08:11 PM

View PostSarlic, on 23 September 2015 - 02:35 AM, said:

My F1 didnt got recognsized as well..how do you solve it?

Edit: D'oh turn off the FLOCK key found on your keyboard. My FLOCK key is next to F12.

What is an FLOCK key? Is it next to the ANY key? :)

View PostSnowseth, on 23 September 2015 - 02:32 AM, said:

I think the tutorial has it's keyboard config 'set'.

For example; F1.
My F1 is Consumable 1 and F2 is Consumable 2.
Instead of overwriting F1 it ADDED Keyboard Layout to F1 ... so I had 2 F1 configs.

I didn't notice until I was in a live game, hit F1 to launch my UAV ... and the keyboard config popped-up.
I'm not sure if it actually launched my UAV.
Both were assigned to F1.

The Tutorial is great for new players (fantastic really), but those with already customized configs ... it can be a bit wonky.

I have to agree. I found that several parts do not recognize a custom key as correct, but pressing the key they want doesn't work either so you have to go in and set your keys to what is expected.

#7 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 23 September 2015 - 10:50 PM

View PostAnachronda, on 23 September 2015 - 08:11 PM, said:

What is an FLOCK key? Is it next to the ANY key? :)

I have to agree. I found that several parts do not recognize a custom key as correct, but pressing the key they want doesn't work either so you have to go in and set your keys to what is expected.

Posted Image
Yes the LOCK keys disbable your whole a F1-12. When you press any F key it doenst work. It basically locks it on/off. Its a switch.

Posted Image
Mines is next to F12 (leftside of picture)

Edited by Sarlic, 23 September 2015 - 10:57 PM.

#8 Anachronda

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 293 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:28 PM

View PostSarlic, on 23 September 2015 - 10:50 PM, said:

Yes the LOCK keys disbable your whole a F1-12. When you press any F key it doenst work. It basically locks it on/off. Its a switch.

I kind of figured that by context. But I thought it was some kind of laptop thing (like toggling between numbers and function keys) and those pictures are regular keyboards. Is there actually some kind of use for that key? Because I would definitely never buy a keyboard that did stuff like that.

#9 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:30 PM

View PostAnachronda, on 23 September 2015 - 11:28 PM, said:

I kind of figured that by context. But I thought it was some kind of laptop thing (like toggling between numbers and function keys) and those pictures are regular keyboards. Is there actually some kind of use for that key? Because I would definitely never buy a keyboard that did stuff like that.

As far i know that stuff is old. Haha. New keyboards still have it!

#10 Jody Von Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 30 September 2015 - 08:41 AM

I couldn't get past the Arm Lock in the tutorial. I had my arm lock mapped to a different key and even though my arm was unlocked, the tutorial wouldn't recognize it. I tried resetting the it back to the left shift key, still wouldn't recognize it.

#11 Dave Forsey

Senior Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 198 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 06:02 PM

Looks like the problem is the difference between armlock and armlock toggle.

The flowgraph only gets notification on the action, and I'm not checking both. Will fix.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users