Looks Like It's Time For Me To Punch Out. Oh-Seven, Folks.

67 replies to this topic

#41 Sabazial

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Point Commander
  • Point Commander
  • 725 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:19 PM

View PostWeaselball, on 23 September 2015 - 01:53 PM, said:

Man, don't quit just because people on the forums are elitist jerks. Who cares what rank you're in? I don't. If you have good advice or thoughts on a particular issue then it doesn't matter what tier you're in. Likewise, if you're having fun and shooting enemy robots dead, then who cares what tier you're in?

Just have fun and keep on keepin' on. I know I will.

I was about to write a reply to the OP, but i think this about covers what i would have said anyway ^^

#42 KuroNyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:35 PM

Being tier 4 allow you to have epic signature! Stay!

#43 Steinar Bergstol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 24 September 2015 - 12:23 AM

Aaw, c'mon man. Don't go away. Poking the ego of the e-peeners by not taking their opinions as the Word of God is half the fun of being a T4 or T5 underhiver! We are the dirty! We are the unwashed! We shall fart in the general direction of those who take themselves and their rating oh-so-very-seriously and have a good laugh about it!

It's a good pug life in the lower tiers. :)

Edited by Steinar Bergstol, 24 September 2015 - 12:23 AM.

#44 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,980 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 September 2015 - 12:27 AM

These Tiers mean a whole lot less than you think.

Pub games are still a mixed bag of all Tiers from what I see from game to game, people saying they're Tier-5/4/3/2 ect.

Oh noes, you're Tier-4, really man. who cares about ranks and stats.

Play for fun, if the game honestly isn't fun for you, then take a break from it.

I know I do, when this game gets to me, I just leave and play something fun like Kerbal Space Program, or old Left-4-Dead or even Minecraft once in a while.

Only reason I'm going nonstop right now myself, is because I want to make use of all the premium time from the event, soon as its gone and its back to grindlikemadwarriorOnline, I'll be playing less again myself.

Better to just take a break than outright quit, especially if you've got $$ invested in this.
Especially pop back in when the new balance pass finalizes.

As far as rank influencing your rep and standing when it comes time to argue over gameplay stuff?

I listen to people based on the depth their arguments, not how many hours they wasted on this or that video game.. lol

Also, don't worry about it, we all get ignored equally here.

Edited by Mister D, 24 September 2015 - 04:34 AM.

#45 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 24 September 2015 - 03:28 AM

View Post1453 R, on 23 September 2015 - 12:59 PM, said:

So as I’d predicted, I’m in rightabouts the uppermost quadrant or so of T4. I make no excuses for it – I’m a fumble-fingered failure when it comes to proper aim, and I’m not the most patient player MWO has ever seen. I am indeed average at best and I’ll own that. Frankly it’s good to know for sure – a little disheartening, yeah, I’m sure everyone was secretly hoping to be surprised by their own awesomeness, but people who were being honest with themselves more or less knew where they’d stack up. On to the Level Up process, I suppose. Will provide a nice little incentive to try and aim for at least solid T3 before the servers shut down.

Yep – I’m still here, still playing, and not really overly bothered by my tier placement in purely in-game terms. I’m not going to go on a flaming rampage demanding to know why the system didn’t place me at my ‘proper’ level (hint to all the trolls who are doing that – the game did), I’m not ‘Dishartened by being in Tier [4]’ outside that one regretful sigh of “whelp, guess I was right after all”. Not going to Quit Forever. Will still probably spend more money on this game than is remotely right or sane.

However, I’ve already seen evidence of what anyone with two neurons camping out in their cranial cavity knew was coming with this public tier listing stuff – the scorning and dismissal of anyone unable to prove at least T2 ranking. Even now, with what is effectively ‘private’ tier listings, screenshots of one’s (high) tier rating are starting to become mandatory prior to participating in discussions of the game – outside, of course, of threads wherein the objective is complaining about their low tier rating. Once public tier listings go into effect…well.

It’s been fun, folks. Really has – as much of a bubbling cesspit as this place can be sometimes, I’ve met better people and had better conversations here than I’ve had in just about any other game forum I’ve bothered with. I’m gonna miss it. Will still lurk around, and knowing me/how bored I get at work, prob’ly still post sometimes when I see a good opportunity to annoy Bishop or when I can’t take Twiafu’s hive-mind mentality anymore or stuff, but…well, my days of being able to chip in with ideas or comments on tactics, weapon balancing, ‘Mech viability, new/adjusted game systems, or other meaty stuff are pretty much done. Sucks, but it was sort of inevitable.

Ohh-seven, folks. No you cannot have my stuff, I’m still using it. Heh…and yes, I know not a single one of you cares. Just felt like writing it anyways. Sometimes a guy just ends up melancholy and wants to put it to words.

See you ‘round, forumites. Heh…just not in-game.

I TOTALLY get what your saying, why your doing what your doing, and have warned againt this myself. I'm not gonna follow your example, but I understand your reasons.

o7

You will be missed.

Edited by Vellron2005, 24 September 2015 - 03:28 AM.

#46 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 24 September 2015 - 05:14 AM

View Post1453 R, on 23 September 2015 - 12:59 PM, said:

So as I’d predicted, I’m in rightabouts the uppermost quadrant or so of T4. I make no excuses for it – I’m a fumble-fingered failure when it comes to proper aim, and I’m not the most patient player MWO has ever seen. I am indeed average at best and I’ll own that. Frankly it’s good to know for sure – a little disheartening, yeah, I’m sure everyone was secretly hoping to be surprised by their own awesomeness, but people who were being honest with themselves more or less knew where they’d stack up. On to the Level Up process, I suppose. Will provide a nice little incentive to try and aim for at least solid T3 before the servers shut down.

Yep – I’m still here, still playing, and not really overly bothered by my tier placement in purely in-game terms. I’m not going to go on a flaming rampage demanding to know why the system didn’t place me at my ‘proper’ level (hint to all the trolls who are doing that – the game did), I’m not ‘Dishartened by being in Tier [4]’ outside that one regretful sigh of “whelp, guess I was right after all”. Not going to Quit Forever. Will still probably spend more money on this game than is remotely right or sane.

However, I’ve already seen evidence of what anyone with two neurons camping out in their cranial cavity knew was coming with this public tier listing stuff – the scorning and dismissal of anyone unable to prove at least T2 ranking. Even now, with what is effectively ‘private’ tier listings, screenshots of one’s (high) tier rating are starting to become mandatory prior to participating in discussions of the game – outside, of course, of threads wherein the objective is complaining about their low tier rating. Once public tier listings go into effect…well.

It’s been fun, folks. Really has – as much of a bubbling cesspit as this place can be sometimes, I’ve met better people and had better conversations here than I’ve had in just about any other game forum I’ve bothered with. I’m gonna miss it. Will still lurk around, and knowing me/how bored I get at work, prob’ly still post sometimes when I see a good opportunity to annoy Bishop or when I can’t take Twiafu’s hive-mind mentality anymore or stuff, but…well, my days of being able to chip in with ideas or comments on tactics, weapon balancing, ‘Mech viability, new/adjusted game systems, or other meaty stuff are pretty much done. Sucks, but it was sort of inevitable.

Ohh-seven, folks. No you cannot have my stuff, I’m still using it. Heh…and yes, I know not a single one of you cares. Just felt like writing it anyways. Sometimes a guy just ends up melancholy and wants to put it to words.

See you ‘round, forumites. Heh…just not in-game.

Sorry, not allowed to leave........ Must have you present and accounted for when I urbie your butt!!!!!!

#47 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 24 September 2015 - 05:20 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 24 September 2015 - 05:14 AM, said:

Sorry, not allowed to leave........ Must have you present and accounted for when I urbie your butt!!!!!!

I always figured you for a butt man. ;)

(folks dunno how to rap anymore since the 80s)

Edited by Mister Blastman, 24 September 2015 - 05:21 AM.

#48 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 24 September 2015 - 05:22 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 24 September 2015 - 05:20 AM, said:

I always figured you for a butt man. ;)

(folks dunno how to rap anymore since the 80s)

Bubble butts...

#49 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 24 September 2015 - 05:23 AM

View PostSarlic, on 23 September 2015 - 01:13 PM, said:

The thing what worries me that it's a matter of time when the bragg talk begins. Its all funny and dandy in the beginning but about in a year or so, or when Steam hits then i will predict elitist e-penises all over the place. More toxic.

Simple solution: become tier 1 and tell them to stfu. It's what I intend to do.

#50 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 24 September 2015 - 05:30 AM

Seriously OP you are bailing because of a joke?

Tier2 what does TIer2 means? Tier2 only means those guys have played MWO since 1.1.2015 quiet often.
Is this something of worth?
The game is more or less stable for a while.

I would never leave for a bad joke like player tiers - not after i have fought without HUD; crashing clients; no HSR, no instant pinpoint convergence; splash PPCs; no regional servers; RnR; died for 32K; - survived several LURmageddons; dropleaded pugs; keept my sanity barley because of the Jesus Box..... why should i go now?

ask my boss to give me a 2 week holiday; ask my wife so that i can buy a better computer - and soon those that think their tier is worth something would lie broken and demoralized in my wake :D

But well - my boss wouldn't give me holiday and my gaming rack is so 2011 ...so if you think your tier is worth something you deserve it.
Grind if you like - slow and painful

- the ever laughting STFU Carl with K

Edited by Karl Streiger, 24 September 2015 - 05:32 AM.

#51 Kroete

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 05:41 AM

View Postshad0w4life, on 23 September 2015 - 01:49 PM, said:

Paul on Reddit literally said that T2 T1 all requires massive amounts of games played, it's substantially geared towards playtime.

https://www.reddit.c..._to_settle_out/

again, anyone wanting to say they are good because they are T2 T1...may not be, they may just not care for human contact ;)

WHAT?
Thats stupid!
I dont want to play with tryhards and metawhores!
I want to have fun.

But if i play to much, my fun will go ...

How can someone think about matchmaking and then let the players go up in tier by participation?

The same company that fears 3 second jenners but sells 3 second clanxl+ecm mechs.

#52 Moomtazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 577 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 06:06 AM

View PostKrivvan, on 23 September 2015 - 09:19 PM, said:

What tier should validate or invalidate are your opinions about certain aspects of the game. A Tier 4 player knows more about low tier experiences, whereas a Tier 1 knows more about higher tier experiences. And it's not as if any opinions outside of game balance are really affected. I don't really know what OP is talking about, I haven't seen anything like what they're talking about.

You can try looking at other communities, like the MWO Subreddit.

Like most official game forums, the MWO official forum is considered less productive for discussion than most.

Sounds reasonable. T1/T2 comments carry no weight regarding LRM balance and T4/T5 should not be listened to when talking about how Locusts, Catapults, Vindicators, etc are perfectly viable "In the Right Hands"

#53 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 06:36 AM

View PostKroete, on 24 September 2015 - 05:41 AM, said:

WHAT?
Thats stupid!
I dont want to play with tryhards and metawhores!
I want to have fun.

But if i play to much, my fun will go ...

How can someone think about matchmaking and then let the players go up in tier by participation?

The same company that fears 3 second jenners but sells 3 second clanxl+ecm mechs.

More proof that PGI is bad at math. This we already knew.

#54 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 24 September 2015 - 06:40 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 23 September 2015 - 01:22 PM, said:

I think if as a community and that means top tier players most of all to lead we should shun anyone who uses the tier tactic in a thread to dominate an argument.

Everyone in every tier needs to be heard and respected especially if this is such a small community. It's very easy for the self appointed top dogs to bully other posters and its pretty common place.
Not really. Words on a screen are not at all intimidating. Specially since I have have a tin foil hat
Posted Image

#55 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 24 September 2015 - 06:45 AM

stay cool, the current system is flawed, it is a "addiction counter" and not a skill indicator. everoyne with more positives than negatives will be T1 one day, just requires a few thousend games. and those who will get more downs then ups will end T5. The system is not takign into account how much better a player is, or hwo worse, this will only make him rise or drop faster in terms of tier rating.

little example, player 1 gets 6 of 10 games as ups, he may play 20 games a week.
player 2 gets only 3 up of 10 games, but he addicts 100 games per week.

player 2 will be T1 rated before palyer 1 even if he constantly plays worse than player 1.

Don't careabout the system as long as it does not have a real skill indicator, and as long as changing the rating takes hundreds till throusends of games. Just play, and laugh at anyone thinking Tier rating has a meaning, because he actually just shows that he hasn't even the mental capability to undertsand how the Tier rating is flawed in it's current state.

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 24 September 2015 - 06:40 AM, said:

Not really. Words on a screen are not at all intimidating. Specially since I have have a tin foil hat
Posted Image

viking style tinfoil hat, best tinfoil hat.

Edited by Lily from animove, 24 September 2015 - 06:47 AM.

#56 z3a1ot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 06:55 AM

I know what you mean OP. Already people are insulting in game chat. Just played one game where we had pretty obnoxious guy on our team who was insulting everyone lover than T1. Pretty ugly I might say. Just accept that douches will be in every game you play online just try to ignore them.

Edited by z3a1ot, 24 September 2015 - 06:55 AM.

#57 Karamarka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 809 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 06:56 AM

If you are a bad player and make a suggestion of course it's going to be scrutinized. It's like the local car mechanic vs 20 yr+ race pit crew.

#58 Khujjo

• PipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 89 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 24 September 2015 - 06:59 AM

Tiers are still largely driven by win/loss ratio. Solo players have a harder time affecting their team's wins than a large premade does, so solo players will have a harder time getting/keeping a high tier than a large premade will. It is nothing to be concerned with. Tiers, like anything else, can be gamed for specific results. Not all tier 1 players have tier 1 skill. Not all tier 5 players have tier 5 skill.

#59 Steinar Bergstol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 24 September 2015 - 07:17 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 24 September 2015 - 06:40 AM, said:

Posted Image

That... is the most awsomest tinfoil hat in the history of EVER and I MUST HAVE ONE!

#60 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,552 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 08:05 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 24 September 2015 - 05:14 AM, said:

I've only said, liek, six times that I'm not really altering my MWO playing schedule a bit :blink: Been out of it for a bit now with Shadowrun, and also being moderately fed up with the game's shenanigans for a bit, but I'm here. Yes I will be watching for UrbanPosts, and yes, if I encounter you in a red UrbanMech, there will be UrbanBlood scattered across a five square kilometer area centered on the imprint of Li'l Susan's mechanized boot.

Note that one of the specific exemptions to "not posting much anymore" in the OP is taking the time out of my workday to piss you off. Not giving that pleasure up for nuttin' :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users