1 reply to this topic

#1 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 September 2015 - 07:20 PM

1. Dropship at the beginning doesn't make any sound - no engines at all.

2. When the Thunderbolt drops out of the dropship, the "crunch" sound of it hitting the ground doesn't line up at all with the actual animation. Completely ruins immersion and just ... looks bad.

#2 xeromynd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 24 September 2015 - 06:09 AM

View PostTarogato, on 23 September 2015 - 07:20 PM, said:

1. Dropship at the beginning doesn't make any sound - no engines at all.

2. When the Thunderbolt drops out of the dropship, the "crunch" sound of it hitting the ground doesn't line up at all with the actual animation. Completely ruins immersion and just ... looks bad.

Re #1: Did you have your music turned off? I did when I first booted up the tutorial, and the lack of any SFX other than the dropship engine and the mech dropping sounded really dumb. Music should be forced to ON during the tutorial, or they should do more sound design.

Also, I didn't understand the POV of the cutscene at all. Are we supposed to be looking out the window of the dropship or something? The fire texture for entering the atmosphere seemed really lackluster, akin to something you'd see on an early gamecube game.

Re #2: Not to mention the animation itself, the mech seems to droop slightly into the ground before bouncing back up to where it should actually be standing.

And the sound is the same sound that an AC makes when it hits a wall, why?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users