17 replies to this topic

#1 Tiger Dad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 176 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 08:03 AM

Can't really blame anyone really.
I'm VERY low Tier 3 (which depressed me a little, expected my bar to be middle or a little higher but I guess I shouldn't be surprised.)
I could say PUGS I've been playing with haven't been carrying or no one listens or no one cares but trying to pad their damage and get higher marks.
Or my Tier is filling with those who want to get gudder while I'm not gud enough.

Not really sure what's going on...
Maybe my mindset changed when I saw my tier also.

*shrug*

#2 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 24 September 2015 - 08:12 AM

More players in each match are closer to your level of ability and therefore you have less easy targets would be my guess.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 24 September 2015 - 08:15 AM.

#3 xXBagheeraXx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 08:13 AM

Its not just you. Gameplay has gone to utter garbage since the patch. I have never had so many wipes. I have no idea whats changed, I just assumed it was lots of newbies coming back to drive thier basic'd black knights but ive seen a massive influx of Gold Dire whales with the most brainless configurations on them ive ever seen more than ive seen dumb black knight drivers.

I admit ive potatoed a couple times today driving my new Cauldron born's, but jesus crhist when i make a direwhale circle around for 3 laps while im taking auto cannon fire from him you would think the 3 other mechs around him would help but no. they where focusing on a stripped thunderbolt rather than the whale eating my face, waited till I died, THEN decided to jump the whale.

Ive seen nothing but teams scattering like roaches in all directions while 90% of the enemyt eam is in one spot in a massive ECM shrouded death blob.

Or a river city game where my team sat around a campfire for 10 minutes THEN decided to go to upper city rather than the Cathedral (where the enemy team was going) you know...runing AWAY from the battle....so ok..fine..im in my new little Exectuioner, I MASC up to upper city thinking the mass of pubbies behidn me would come up since they where all headed that way anyway...

OH NO SIR. they sat down underneat the bridge and got SHOT TO PIECES.

Then had the nerve to accuse me of "Hiding" because i was peeking and firing from cover. My executioner has a gauss and 6 medum lasers, I only really had the gauss rifle in range of the ecm shrouded mass of enemy mechs shooting the dumb fish in the barrel that was my team, and still managed to get nearly 300 damage and one kill before I died...

I am not a freaking l33t mechwarrior by any stance, but Its kinda common sense to MEET the enemy attack, not run AWAY from it. If you run away and they catch you in a vulerable position, like OH getting ecm jammed in the bottom of a river bed w/lrm support you JUST might get wiped out. telling the one guy in the relatively poor armed support assault to "uninstall" due to your own stupidity and poor placement......boggles me....

Only guy that scored more damage was an ER large/gauss orion that was smart enough to continue the push to upper city with me and had more weapons within range of the deathblob as they murdered my team....I dont think anyone else on my team cleared 100 damage.

#4 Sethliopod

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 217 posts
  • LocationInside the smoking wreck.

Posted 24 September 2015 - 08:14 AM

You can see where in the tier you are? Where's that info?

I, too, am Tier 3. I've found my matches to be much more filled with talkative, serious players. There seem to be more stomps, going both ways. I'm finding less opportunity to screw up without being punished. This goes for me as well as the team. Falter, split-up, don't communicate or gel fast enough, etc, you die and lose, next match.

However, there is also a lot less crying about it. A lot of that All channel bs: "stupid loser team made me lose" etc.. seems missing. Hooray for that.

But part of this I credit to the end of a stressful event, and people relaxing a little.

edit: Blah blah..I need more coffee, or less....

Edited by Sethliopod, 24 September 2015 - 08:56 AM.

#5 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 24 September 2015 - 08:14 AM

I have also been doing so so, but that's probably because players in my tier are suddenly tryharding to reach T1. I gotta change my play style to adapt to that.

#6 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 08:15 AM

In Tier 3 you will have a very inconsistend gameplay experience bcs you will be matched agsint very good as well as against very bad Teams with either very good or bad Teammates potentially giving you a really different playerbehavior each match which makes it a wild ride to PUG.

#7 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 24 September 2015 - 08:17 AM

Hey! We're the same Tier and level! I think my bar reaches the I in Pilot.....

Last night, I only started to win/get good score when I rolled out my quad UAC 5 mauler.
Every other mech I tried playing that I was good at before (my favorite 4G Hunchie, my beloved Zeus, my favorite dual AC/10 quad med las. Cat-K2, etc), was continually getting sniped at/laser vomited on.
Every stupid corner had some dude sitting there waiting to unleash his 40 point alpha.

#8 xXBagheeraXx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 08:22 AM

ive switched to nothing but laserbarf/gauss builds

#9 Goose

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 24 September 2015 - 08:42 AM

Did all the names in your games change when PSR was rolled out?

Did they all change with this Tuesdays' patch?

Both?

#10 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 24 September 2015 - 08:48 AM

Only guy that scored more damage was an ER large/gauss orion that was smart enough to continue the push to upper city with me and had more weapons within range of the deathblob as they murdered my team....I dont think anyone else on my team cleared 100 damage.

That was me! Haha. (no it's not 'meta'.)

Outscored the whole team in a freaking basic Orion. Kind of funny and sad at the same time though.

But to be honest the whole match was weird. I pushed into the upper city as requested and i think it was you and a other guy who stood putting up a fireline with me. Had some nice shots and plenty of cover.

Next thing i know we're the last three in the upper city and the rest suddenly decided to move into the open, lower ground while the enemy turned and just catched us up before mauling the rest of our team. Because we effectively lost higher ground.

Alot of rage was going on there in teamchat. It was kinda shameful the things that are being said there.

As for ontopic: i have been experiencing rough matches as well. But it's a Orion.. They like it rough and people like to club a basic Orion..it looks like a seal!

Even my grandma turn faster then a Orion!

Edited by Sarlic, 24 September 2015 - 09:29 AM.

#11 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 24 September 2015 - 08:49 AM

View PostGoose, on 24 September 2015 - 08:42 AM, said:

Did all the names in your games change when PSR was rolled out?

Did they all change with this Tuesdays' patch?

Both?

I never see a name repeat more than twice on any given day and I rarely ever see anyone on my friends list(in my game)... Now I know why!

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 24 September 2015 - 08:59 AM.

#12 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 24 September 2015 - 08:52 AM

I think it has more to do with the last event. It was setup to make people play like cowards. Peoples mechs are still using the same loadout. Allso people are starting to care if they oive or die because of the tiers. They will learn soon it doesnt matter. I think it will go back to normal next week.

#13 Cementi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 779 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 08:58 AM

View PostxXBagheeraXx, on 24 September 2015 - 08:22 AM, said:

ive switched to nothing but laserbarf/gauss builds

Sadly if you feel the need to move up in tier ranking this is what you must do.

I on the other hand will embrace my fellow Tier 5's with the varied loadouts and chaotic battles that do not always degrade into ridge humping snipe fests, nascar or waiting 13 mins to see who moves out of their advantageous spot first. Also I have noticed less try hards freaking out about how the loss was the teams fault because they are awesome. Maybe they really are and all those people are in Tier 1 and I dont have to play with them anymore lol.

Sadly even with playing screwy builds my ranking is almost Tier 4 so I expect my experiance to change soon.

#14 Death Proof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 546 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 09:00 AM

For the last 2 weeks or more I've had a horrendous losing streak, with the majority (75% or more) of my matches being complete wipes. Both my kdr and w/lr tanked...which probably explains why I'm a slightly lower tier than I expected (my alts are higher tier).

Last night I hit the PUG lottery and got 8 wins in a row, with most of them being top scoring matches. That rarely happens to me in the solo queue. I stopped playing as soon as the first loss via total wipe came rolling in. Almost afraid to log back in to play, now. Just want to savor it a little longer.

lol

#15 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 09:02 AM

Think of it this way, all the try-hards, blow-hards and genuinely good players have to pass through tier 3 on their way to Godhood.

Don't nobody pass thru Tier 1 unless they are going backwards, and even then it's a slow tortuous slide into the underhive.

#16 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 24 September 2015 - 09:42 AM

View PostTiger Dad, on 24 September 2015 - 08:03 AM, said:

Can't really blame anyone really.
I'm VERY low Tier 3 (which depressed me a little, expected my bar to be middle or a little higher but I guess I shouldn't be surprised.)
I could say PUGS I've been playing with haven't been carrying or no one listens or no one cares but trying to pad their damage and get higher marks.
Or my Tier is filling with those who want to get gudder while I'm not gud enough.

Not really sure what's going on...
Maybe my mindset changed when I saw my tier also.

*shrug*

Since there is an external metric of how you are doing, people are playing more cautiously because they don't want to hurt their ranking ... which hurts their ranking ... which makes them play even more cautious in the next game to help their ranking ... which hurts their ranking ... which makes them play even more cautious in the next game to help their ranking ... which hurts their ranking ...which makes them play even more cautious in the next game to help their ranking ... which hurts their ranking ...which makes them play even more cautious in the next game to help their ranking ... which hurts their ranking ...

do you see where I am going with this?

#17 Kristian Radoulov

Banned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 611 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 09:48 AM

The tournament got people into a very selfish/cowardly mindset. It will fade soon (hopefully).

Edited by Kristian Radoulov, 24 September 2015 - 09:48 AM.

#18 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 10:01 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 24 September 2015 - 08:49 AM, said:

I never see a name repeat more than twice on any given day and I rarely ever see anyone on my friends list(in my game)... Now I know why!

Wow, I've seen the same names on both sides literally 5-6 matches in a row all throughout the day for the past few days. Often it doesn't even matter if I take a few minutes away to tinker in the lab or just calm down from seeing these guys post 70 damage in their dires.

Overall though since the last 2 days of the event the quality of matches has taken a nose dive - coinciding with dropping to T4 from several 20 straight loss runs chasing event scores before they dropped the reqs. My output hasn't changed, but the quality of players I see match to match has dropped a huge amount.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users