2 replies to this topic

#1 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 24 September 2015 - 09:50 AM

My buddy is having an issue with the press F1 key to see key bindings part of the tutorial. Adams asks him to press the key he does so and the keymap comes up... but Adams remarks he pressed the wrong key and it does not recognize it as having been pressed. I'm going over there today to look at it. Will report back when I know more.

EDIT: This ended up being a F-lock Microsoft keyboard issue.

Edited by Kaptain, 25 September 2015 - 05:36 PM.

#2 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 24 September 2015 - 10:52 AM

Two possible issues come to mind.

Some keyboards have special functions assigned to the F keys, so you might need to hit Fn+F1 to actually register properly. This is often an issue on laptops especially. This can often be disabled elsewhere in your system settings.

The other thing that can be preventing you from seeing the F1 key bindings is the "press escape to learn about the HUD" thing. When you've pressed escape and can hover over HUD elements to learn about them, the press F1 to view key bindings thing won't work.

If you ensure that you've exited out of the "press escape to learn about your HUD" mode, you'll be able to press F1 and view your key bindings. This held me up for a few seconds as I thought something was wrong.

Edited by Luscious Dan, 24 September 2015 - 10:53 AM.

#3 Kaptain

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 24 September 2015 - 08:24 PM

View PostLuscious Dan, on 24 September 2015 - 10:52 AM, said:

The other thing that can be preventing you from seeing the F1 key bindings is the "press escape to learn about the HUD" thing. When you've pressed escape and can hover over HUD elements to learn about them, the press F1 to view key bindings thing won't work.

Did not end up making it over there today but this is good to know, thanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users