Medium Mech Support Group

49 replies to this topic

#1 Grey Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 480 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 03:15 PM

Hi, my name is Grey Black and I'm a medium mech pilot.

I had been clean for about 2 months, but now I'm hooked on piloting mediums again. I love my Griffins, my Shadow Cats, my Stormcrows, my Centurions, my Enforcers, my Shadow Hawks... I love 'em all! I can't get enough of them! I'm always thinking, what's my next fix gonna be? I like lights, to be sure, too, and heavies can be okay, in moderation, but they don't have that feel of just strapping in to a medium, throwing around firepower and taking in the booms.

Man, I just need my next fix! Can anyone give me a fix? Please? I'm good for it, man!

#2 Johny Rocket

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 05:36 PM

Hi my name is Tractor Joe and Im an IS medium pilot.

I've been clean since the Mauler release. Ok OK there were those couple of matches in my Grif 2N, but they don't count because I was trying to break a slump. Im afraid October 6th might ruin me forever, 4 crabs and a new Wolvie.

My KTO 18 and Treb 7K must be heart broken, I told them they were my favorites, that they were special, but I haven't even opened their tabs in weeks. Oh the guilt. I think I will go play them now so they don't hate me, yeah that will work.

Edited by Tractor Joe, 28 September 2015 - 05:38 PM.

#3 Jack Shayu Walker

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 08:02 PM

Hello, my name is doctor Rockso, and...

Posted Image

Edited by Jack Shayu Walker, 28 September 2015 - 08:02 PM.

#4 DrnkJawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 488 posts
  • LocationIn an urbie aiming at your crotch

Posted 28 September 2015 - 10:58 PM

Hi my name is formerly drunk Jawa and i am a Hunchback 4J pilot...theres nothing much to say except

#5 Inflatable Fish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 563 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 04:40 AM

hi I'm Inflatable Fish and I pilot IS mediums almost exclusively.

yes I know I'm ******.

#6 DrnkJawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 488 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 05:11 AM

View PostInflatable Fish, on 29 September 2015 - 04:40 AM, said:

hi I'm Inflatable Fish and I pilot IS mediums almost exclusively.

yes I know I'm ******.

I thought you are a recovering gay fish

#7 loopala

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 29 September 2015 - 05:13 AM

hello my name is Loopala. i pilot all mechs but have been clean from mediums till the Mauler release. that no torso twisting thing forced me to take up with my Wang again just to get my twisting fix.

nothing is like piloting a fast CN9. good firepower, great tanking, good twisting, great maneuverability, if they had JJ i would never leave....

#8 Pineapple Salad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 142 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 29 September 2015 - 05:34 AM

Hi, my name is Pineapple Salad and I'm a medium mech pilot.

Lately I've been trying to work towards mastering the few assaults I don't have. Currently Victor is on my work list, but then a guy in my unit was piloting a Cicada and I couldn't resist buying the last one I'm missing, CDA-2B. I binged again and mastered it in about 2 sessions. I feel so ashamed.

#9 3xnihilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 29 September 2015 - 05:45 AM

I am 3xnihilo and I am a closet medium pilot. Sure if you ask I me I will claim to be all about lights, but I have to confess half of the mechs in my hangar are mediums. It all started with a free Centurion and I might as well get two more to master it. Then Cicadas are really just light mechs in disguise, and that sale on Shadowhawks was such a good one who could resist. But my recent acquisition of 3 Griffins and the strange giddy feeling I got when I saw we were getting two mediums as loyalty rewards have made it hard to deny my medium addiction.

#10 Grey Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 480 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 06:13 AM

Now, remember everyone, this is a no-judgement zone. Has anyone here ever tried a Kintaro? It's okay, I know I have. It was a really dark time for me...

#11 Inflatable Fish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 563 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 06:56 AM

View PostDrnkJawa, on 29 September 2015 - 05:11 AM, said:

I thought you are a recovering gay fish

how does one (even a fish) "recover" from being gay?

#12 Night Thastus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 825 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 07:07 AM

Hello everyone!

My name is Night Thastus, and I too have been piloting mediums.

I've been using my Enforcer (4P and 5P), my Loyalty Centurion, my Nova, and I'm afraid quite a few more.

It won't be getting any better soon, once I get the MASCVerine.

#13 Grey Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 480 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 07:17 AM

View PostNight Thastus, on 29 September 2015 - 07:07 AM, said:

Hello everyone!

My name is Night Thastus, and I too have been piloting mediums.

I've been using my Enforcer (4P and 5P), my Loyalty Centurion, my Nova, and I'm afraid quite a few more.

It won't be getting any better soon, once I get the MASCVerine.

I've never done Wolverine. Any different from Griffin?

#14 DrnkJawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 488 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 07:18 AM

View PostGrey Black, on 29 September 2015 - 07:17 AM, said:

I've never done Wolverine. Any different from Griffin?

bought any mechpack this year? if yes you will find out next week

#15 Zookeeper Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBeer City USA

Posted 29 September 2015 - 08:53 AM

Hi everyone. My name is Danth Reduviid and I'm a medium mech pilot.

Shadow Hawk was my first love, and even though I may test out other waters, when I'm back inside her I feel like home.

Cicada was my second. Bought on a whim, the fact she was fast gripped me right away.

Griffin 2N lured me in with her secretive nature. Her other faces soon had me hooked too.

Urbie may not technically be a medium, but she plays medium games.

Enforcer has been getting my attention lately. I hear her beckoning me to give her a try.

And next week I'm getting Crabs!

#16 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 29 September 2015 - 09:49 AM

My name is Dawnstealer and I still pilot my Cicadas. While I've been grinding Resistance mechs, as of late, I took my 2A out for a spin and it was glorious.

#17 Torezu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 329 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 10:28 AM

View Postloopala, on 29 September 2015 - 05:13 AM, said:

nothing is like piloting a fast CN9. good firepower, great tanking, good twisting, great maneuverability, if they had JJ i would never leave....

That's what the Enforcer is for...yeah, I know they're not as good at the tank & twist thing, but otherwise they're not bad.

#18 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,383 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 29 September 2015 - 10:57 AM

Hello Everyone,

My name is Amsro, I've been off of mediums for about 4 months now. It has been a hard time, I've even spent hours in the mechlab adjusting many builds.

But I resist the temptation to hit launch. Well that's not entirely true, but I did cancel the search for a match in my YenLoWang.

I believe in you all. ^_^

#19 Rando Slim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 459 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 12:14 AM

Hello, my name is Rando Slim, formerly Scrotacus 42, and I am probably the worst 228 player on their roster (#t3scrublivesmatter). I am also a hapless medium mech addict. I was there for the glory days of the Cicada 3M (I also own an x-5, thats when I first noticed I had a problem), I adore the Blackjacks. Shadow Hawks are solid, Ice Ferrets are hilarious fun. The best match in my career in an IS mech came in a Trebuchet 7K (2 large and an AC/10- 7 kills, 1105 damage). I also love the 5J, the Vindicator is sexy. I finally bought Griffins! Yay! I don't even need to tell you all about Stormcrows. I try to avoid them, its almost too strong of a dose, lol. My next project chassis is gonna be Enforcers.

But dear friends, I worry about myself, as I have a very deep, dark secret to share.........my favorite mech in the game is........the Trebuchet 3C. Yes you read that right. And you know why? Because I run mine with an XL-390 and 4 medium pulse lasers (you can also do 4 meds and an srm 4)......what in the wide-wide world of sports is wrong with me? A 50-ton light that torso twists so fast it looks like I'm hacking and runs 140. Thats how desperate I am anymore to get my high. Please help!

Edited by Rando Slim, 04 October 2015 - 12:17 AM.

#20 Dagada Moor

• PipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 99 posts
  • LocationGainesville, Florida

Posted 04 October 2015 - 08:55 AM

Oh hell, treb 3c and 140 speed. I just bought cicadas umm so fun. I am A light/medium pilot. The 8 jump cicada made me go go crazy. I can't wait to bother everyone with that one.

Wolverines are good. Their torso twist is a little less then griffins and most weapons are in rt arm but you have lt arm shield and they are compact. They were my favorite TT mech in Battletech.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users