The Birth Of A Legend

Fan Fiction Missing WoB Avenging Angels?

No replies to this topic

#1 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 05 October 2015 - 05:52 AM

hi, yesterday i just had an idea, out of this idea this short story was born.
As you may recognize this is not my native language - but never the less please give me criticism and of course correction for violating the grammar and language.
Even with this barrier of speech i hope you enjoy it.

WBS Vigilant Guardian
Nadir Jump Point, Unknown System
July 3th 3080

The white blue light of this systems star was visible through the open panorama screen of the Jump Ships gravdeck. Even through the enormous distance of 40AU there was still enough energy to fill the Solar Sails and recharge the Kearny Fuchida Drive.
Only two persons were on the deck. Both watched an Overlord MechCarrier in the last moments of his docking maneuver.

The younger of both sharply inhaled air when the overlord did rotate on his axis to show a complete shattered side. Huge chunks of the ship were missing; he was even able to see the Core Shielding. Bleeding atmosphere it was a miracle that this ship was still flying.
“How – something that damaged should not even be able to fly.”
“Will and devotion, sometime it is enough.”

The deck did shudder lightly when the Overlord get in contact with the docking clamps.
“These were the last of us?”
“It seems so!”
“A pity they ruined the core of their Jump ship to get here in time!”

Again the deck of the Sovetskii Soyuz did shudder. Invisible for the human eye naval particle projector cannons did find their target and split the crippled Invasor in two. Not finished with their work the gunnery crew used the large caliber autocannons to crush the remains of the Invasor almost into dust.

With a grave voice the younger asked: “I don’t understand it, what did go wrong?”
“Do you know the story of Prometheus?”
“Of course, the half god that brought the light.”
“So ask yourself, what would have been passed on about Prometheus – if he had brought the fire while the human kind was fighting the flames that destroyed their house?
“Ehrm…. Firestarter?”

The older didn’t answer for a while. A final explosion of the Invasor far out did reflect in the golden medallion around his neck; the Greek letter “epsilon” in the middle. Finally the precentor did continue: “The human kind was not ready for the fire.”
“Was there a time?”
“Not one, there were three times. All of them were given away, the first by human failure, the second because of the mistaken foresight of the wrong person in the right place; finally the third because of the hubris of a single man.”

The battlecruiser did end its bombardment and in the silence bot didn’t talk for a long while.

The precentor finally asked: “Please, bring me back to my quarters, I’m tired.”
Without another word the Adept stepped behind his superior and lifted him from his seat. Again he was surprised by the low weight; of course bot arms did end in stumps. Metal and connectors protrude from cankerous meat, not alone the precentor’s body ended at the tail ended in cybernetic connections.
It was a mournful to see him in this condition – outside of his Deva. This was the reason the Grav Deck was bar any other persons. Nobody should see him in this way and this was important for those “frails” even more.
When they reached the bulkhead the Adept looked back to the mangled Overlord. Will; Devotion.

“So this is the end?”
“No it’s just begun!”

Edited by Karl Streiger, 21 January 2016 - 06:52 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users