Watch all the minor report options just be filed directly into a trash bin :D

#42 FlipOver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 20 October 2015 - 07:56 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 20 October 2015 - 07:35 AM, said:

Funny...I think suiciders are just as selfish.... since all they are trying to do is deny the other guys a chance to follow CoC by participating in the game. Seems to me that suiciders are way to worried about their precious stats.

Sorry, go down fighting, take one of them with you
Posted Image

Man up, go down swinging. This Emo generation, I swear!

Far as I'm concerned Suiciders are Griefers, by Non-Participation.

Why provide the greedy pilots who want the last kill a tool for them to report others from denying their kill?

Next we will have a tool to report those who hide and make you look for them... oh wait.

Or just report those who shoot back... because, you know... it's hard to destroy a mech when its shooting back at you.

I still see this as a strategy game, and that's probably my own fault, but until the counter hits zero, all bets are off regarding how you'd like your meat.

I even disagree with the DC or AFK coord providing attitude.
You are looking for an unknown enemy, without knowing his stats (showing DC on the scoreboard is just providing the enemy intel they shouldn't have, but that's another story) or his location. You either look for it (hunt it) and pray you don't get hunted instead (the pilot might come back, might be playing his strengths regarding loadout, etc).
As far as you know, there is still one enemy left, either look for him or sit tight and wait for the timer as you look over your shoulder for any kind of surprise.

This isn't that horrible, unless you are a twitchy pilot who needs to press "FIRE" to have fun. This is what strategy games are about. Suspense is also a part of it.

But I digress...

TL;DR - Suiciders can't be placed all on the same block. Talking about OoB suicide has the part where you see them as selfish and I see their right to die by their own terms.
I still don't agree with the report option for suiciders because it removes a pilot its freedom of choice.

Edit - One last thing: This game is about the win, not the kill... if I see I have no chance of winning (being the last one standing, having no weapons, etc), why not say "F*ck it" and run away waving my middle finger up in the air?

Edited by FlipOver, 20 October 2015 - 07:58 AM.

#43 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 20 October 2015 - 08:02 AM

Why suicide out of bound when you can hit override and hope to alpha as much as possible before you die?

And for those running the timer on a loss. They should be executed when the match end in a nice cutscene. Because theres no running away in a giant robot, you're going to get caught and it's probably gona be a lot worse than dying on the front.

#44 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 20 October 2015 - 08:03 AM

View PostFlipOver, on 20 October 2015 - 03:42 AM, said:

I have to say I'm not a pilot who runs OoB or even makes suicide runs, but I understand the reason behind those who chose to do it.

As I stated on the patch notes topic, a pilot has had the freedom to chose how he wants to go down.
Something along the lines of "The enemy killed all my allies and will take this land, but I will not die at their hands and will die on my own terms!" seems to be now something that can actually get reported by the use of the new features in the coming patch.

This to me, shows only one thing. PGI is catering to those who whine about the kill they wanted to have instead of keeping the pilots options open.

Yes, the guy suicided and did so with his middle finger pointed up. Suck it up and move on.

This tendency to cater to the need of greedy pilots just doesn't feel right to me.

Reporting someone for Suicide Abuse is intended to report people who run out of bounds intentionally to die, Instead of fighting to the death. It's those greedy "I do what I want and you can suck my ***** " pilots that want to " die on their own terms" that should get reported.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 20 October 2015 - 08:04 AM.

#45 Kyynele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 973 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 08:14 AM

View PostFlipOver, on 20 October 2015 - 07:56 AM, said:

Why provide the greedy pilots who want the last kill a tool for them to report others from denying their kill?

The time I've reported a player for suiciding, it wasn't because I was denied a kill. I was however denied an assist or two.

It was because I tried hard in a match, did some decent 600-700 dmg, leaving several enemy mechs near dead. Only to spectate the last member of my team, in a completely untouched ERLL Raven 3L run off the edge of the map, without even trying to finish up the job. He actually targeted the enemy mechs, saw they were in critical shape, but didn't shoot so that his position wouldn't be revealed before he got safely off the map.

If that happens again, I'm happy to have a tool for it.

#46 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 20 October 2015 - 08:27 AM

View PostFlipOver, on 20 October 2015 - 07:56 AM, said:

Next we will have a tool to report those who hide and make you look for them... oh wait.

Or just report those who shoot back... because, you know... it's hard to destroy a mech when its shooting back at you.

I still see this as a strategy game, and that's probably my own fault, but until the counter hits zero, all bets are off regarding how you'd like your meat.

I even disagree with the DC or AFK coord providing attitude.
You are looking for an unknown enemy, without knowing his stats (showing DC on the scoreboard is just providing the enemy intel they shouldn't have, but that's another story) or his location. You either look for it (hunt it) and pray you don't get hunted instead (the pilot might come back, might be playing his strengths regarding loadout, etc).
As far as you know, there is still one enemy left, either look for him or sit tight and wait for the timer as you look over your shoulder for any kind of surprise.

This isn't that horrible, unless you are a twitchy pilot who needs to press "FIRE" to have fun. This is what strategy games are about. Suspense is also a part of it.

But I digress...

TL;DR - Suiciders can't be placed all on the same block. Talking about OoB suicide has the part where you see them as selfish and I see their right to die by their own terms.
I still don't agree with the report option for suiciders because it removes a pilot its freedom of choice.

Edit - One last thing: This game is about the win, not the kill... if I see I have no chance of winning (being the last one standing, having no weapons, etc), why not say "F*ck it" and run away waving my middle finger up in the air?

because as I noted, technically, suiciding OoB is non participation, and thus against CoC, since you are intentionally NOT engaged in playing the game at that point, the same as if you have a troll teammate who just hides.

Aside from it just being a selfish, **** move.

#47 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 20 October 2015 - 08:39 AM

I will never understand theses *****'s who run like cowards and die.

Even in my Locust I would make one last glorious charge and try to take the most I can.
<< If I am going to die. Then I will take you with me Freebirth! >>

#48 Baelfire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 112 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 08:42 AM

View PostLugh, on 20 October 2015 - 07:30 AM, said:

So I miscalculate on my 12 laser NOVA and overheat and die. It's not ON PURPOSE. It's a pilot error.

If a pilot with several thousand games under his belt "accidently" blowing himself up every time he gets on a certain map, but can control his heat on all other maps, then he will get punished sooner or later. At the same time a new player who overheats almost every game may get away with it.

PGI will not punish people for a single mistake, they are looking for patterns. A report is just a indicator for PGI to take a closer look at that particular game. Unless they change the ToS, you have follow the same rules as before, so it is more of a convenience improvement than anything else.

Edited by Baelfire, 20 October 2015 - 08:44 AM.

#49 Melon Lord

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 08:44 AM

I "suicide" in about 25% of my losses (other 25% someone gets me before the heat gets me, 50% heat isn't involved). Lord knows if I'm the last one on my team I won't be taken down while I'm powered down, the b*****d on the other side will get a face full of lasers before I go. If I begin to get punished for doing this so be it.

#50 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 08:47 AM

View PostMelon Lord, on 20 October 2015 - 08:44 AM, said:

I "suicide" in about 25% of my losses (other 25% someone gets me before the heat gets me, 50% heat isn't involved). Lord knows if I'm the last one on my team I won't be taken down while I'm powered down, the b*****d on the other side will get a face full of lasers before I go. If I begin to get punished for doing this so be it.

that would not be a punishable suicide, since you were actively engaging other team and participating in the match when you popped.

Running away like a little coward to protect preciou stats and epeen, is a totally different type of "suicide".

#51 FlipOver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 20 October 2015 - 10:08 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 20 October 2015 - 08:27 AM, said:

because as I noted, technically, suiciding OoB is non participation, and thus against CoC, since you are intentionally NOT engaged in playing the game at that point, the same as if you have a troll teammate who just hides.

Aside from it just being a selfish, **** move.

Bishop, when you say "at that point" you are stating that if someone is engaged and at any point goes OoB, deserves to be reported.
No matter if the mech has no weapons or if the pilot wants to die on his own terms.
That is just wrong, if the pilot was engaged in the match, why report him for not engaging just because he runs out?
It's a false report to say the pilot wasn't engaged in the match, but we go back to the start here and you say "at that point the pilot wasn't"... sure! Then let's report all and any pilot who at "any point" isn't engaged.
See the problem there?

Just let people decide how they want to pilot the mech and to die, as long as they did something to help the team, just let it go. After all, we all want the win and not just the stats matter, right?

#52 Soy

• 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 20 October 2015 - 10:15 AM

Nobody, and that includes a rule, is going to tell me how to play.

Ethics govern how I play.

And, barring time wasting trolling BS, if I wanna go out by overriding heat and killing 2 guys while 5 others turn a corner on me and I JJ high into the air at 9000 heat and blow myself up, that's what I do.

I find no ethical problems with that. I don't even find any ethical problems with bee-lining for OOB and taking your own life that way.

I'd proudly eat a ban if it came down to that situation in a vacuum.

#53 Soy

• 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 20 October 2015 - 10:19 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 20 October 2015 - 08:03 AM, said:

Reporting someone for Suicide Abuse is intended to report people who run out of bounds intentionally to die, Instead of fighting to the death. It's those greedy "I do what I want and you can suck my ***** " pilots that want to " die on their own terms" that should get reported.

The pathetic irony involved in doing what you want, being a vindictive douchebag, while that player does what he wants and isn't undermining the integrity of the game.

Now, the supreme irony, is, of course, enjoy proactively dwindling the player population with such asinine behavior, Prop. Not self righteous or anything.

#54 Dino Might

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 10:24 AM

Never give up. Never surrender.

"From hell's heart I stab at thee."

#55 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 20 October 2015 - 10:30 AM

I have to say I'm not a pilot who runs OoB or even makes suicide runs, but I understand the reason behind those who chose to do it.

As I stated on the patch notes topic, a pilot has had the freedom to chose how he wants to go down.
Something along the lines of "The enemy killed all my allies and will take this land, but I will not die at their hands and will die on my own terms!" seems to be now something that can actually get reported by the use of the new features in the coming patch.

This to me, shows only one thing. PGI is catering to those who whine about the kill they wanted to have instead of keeping the pilots options open.

Yes, the guy suicided and did so with his middle finger pointed up. Suck it up and move on.

This tendency to cater to the need of greedy pilots just doesn't feel right to me.

That's eSports for you. ;)

View PostAlistair Winter, on 20 October 2015 - 05:26 AM, said:

We lost R&R, Community Warfare is a joke, the maps are the size of a shoebox, the simple placeholder game modes turned out to be permanent, we have no role warfare, no sign of infantry, tanks or other vehicles. This game is begging for more immersion, not more Quake Deathmatch features where a lightning bolt from the sky will strike down players for inactivity.

That is because eSports is now priority #1.

Edited by Mystere, 20 October 2015 - 10:41 AM.

#56 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 20 October 2015 - 10:36 AM

Yay. More mob rule.

#57 Dimento Graven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 10:37 AM

Something along the lines of &quot;The enemy killed all my allies and will take this land, but I will not die at their hands and will die on my own terms!&quot; seems to be now something that can actually get reported by the use of the new features in the coming patch.

Absolutely there is a difference between suiciding at the beginning of a match (which can STILL happen accidentally BTW, last night someone in HPG went out of bounds while up top and didn't notice OOB messages, or didn't receive them, one of the two) and at the end of the match when all hope is lost.

You can either run out of bounds, intentionally over heat, or bash your legs in to die, as opposed to running around like a jack ass for the next 10 or so minutes.

I don't think charging into the enemy should EVER be absolutely required.

#58 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 20 October 2015 - 10:39 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 20 October 2015 - 04:51 AM, said:

Letting your pixel robot get destroyed on screen is not a big deal, mates.

But apparently, giving the enemy the finger via suicide or hiding is such a big deal that PGI has to be brought into the picture. ;)

And yes, the latter -- thank the Heavens -- is not reportable.

#59 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 10:51 AM

View PostFlipOver, on 20 October 2015 - 10:08 AM, said:

Bishop, when you say "at that point" you are stating that if someone is engaged and at any point goes OoB, deserves to be reported.
No matter if the mech has no weapons or if the pilot wants to die on his own terms.
That is just wrong, if the pilot was engaged in the match, why report him for not engaging just because he runs out?
It's a false report to say the pilot wasn't engaged in the match, but we go back to the start here and you say "at that point the pilot wasn't"... sure! Then let's report all and any pilot who at "any point" isn't engaged.
See the problem there?

Just let people decide how they want to pilot the mech and to die, as long as they did something to help the team, just let it go. After all, we all want the win and not just the stats matter, right?

So if I fight for the first 5 minutes, then go and hide for the last 10, I shouldn't be reported, because at some point, I engaged?

#60 Goose

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 20 October 2015 - 10:54 AM

We've had this discussion before, and it keeps reducing to teams whom go five-up want some kind'a bonus.

No:angry:

Skimish on Namic is one of them Special Hells …

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users