Tbr-S Input?

10 replies to this topic

#1 Gojira54

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 10:20 PM

Just snagged a Timberwolf TBR-S and was looking for build input, still pretty new to the game.
Current loadout http://mwo.smurfy-ne...bb930554f6e6e0a

#2 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 08:32 AM

Personally, I think you have too many jump jets equiped...

And you weapons are too mismatched...

Swap out omnipods to bring down your jump jet count which will give you more weight to synergize your weapons better.

Basically, 1 LPL is pretty weak by itself... And so is 2 MPL. If your considering combining them, choose either 2 LPL, or add more MPL.

Also, you got too much armor in the rear! Bring them to 8 or less.

#3 SlightlyMobileTurret

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Lance Corporal
  • 718 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 08:42 AM

Well, that's how the TBR-S comes stock, with 5 JJ. Jumps pretty good too.

The S is supposed to be great because unlike the others, you can get one JJ instead of two, saving tonnage. (A/C/D are the basically identical, with a CT energy, PRIME has a ballistic in the CT, which I still recommend picking up for variety's sake over two of the identical ones)

Non artemis C-SRM6 spread is bad, so I would recommend getting artemis and SRM4s if you want to keep the 5JJ, or bite the bullet and get D side torsos for a full out 4SRM6+A 4SPL brawler.

Unique builds for it -- Gauss+2LPL+ERML, Laser vomit and 4SRM6+A 4SPL with extra heatsink. These are all "viable" and consistent scoring builds.

My choice on the S http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9d2beeb102381b3 Situational, I keep it for CW. You might want to switch the SPL for ERML for pug games, but make sure that you don't fire them in a brawl.

The thing with the Timber is that you have to play all of these builds and then decide what you like most. An amazingly versatile mech.

Edited by Keshav Murali, 12 August 2016 - 08:44 AM.

#4 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:50 AM

If you really want to stick with the S-side torso pods, maybe look at doing something like this:

TBR-S

This version snags the LA from the prime to give you 4 MPL, as well as down grading the SRM/6's to ASRM/4's. the Artemis 4's have a better spread, better recycle time as well as being more ammo efficient. I also took the liberty of adjusting your armour allocation to be more in line with how well the mech should respond in a live environment. You will also notice a TC Mk. 1, perhaps one of the best useages of 1t I can think of for Clan mechs, and lastly I moved one 1t of ammo to a ST, that way you will not be out of ammo, should you lose both of your arms.

Another option to go with would be this:

TBR-C

Basically the same, but with a little more laser bite and slightly less jumping ability.

#5 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:27 PM

Bam! Madcat! More armour can be dropped for more ammo, but I've found five an a half tonnes to be the most ammo I feel comfortable carrying. Any more an the mech dies to quickly.

One thing I do love is how often folk'll go for that left side cuz it'll be more exposed sooner, even though you don't need it.

~Leone

#6 762 NATO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 312 posts
  • LocationUnder the desk of the Magestrix of Canopus

Posted 12 August 2016 - 08:43 PM

Most people are probably used to reflexively taking off the left torso because of the -A with the high mounts. Taking that off cuts firepower down to near nothing if they assymetrically loaded to that side. Thats the first place I aim, anyway.

Just my two cents.

#7 Nine-Ball

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 585 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 01:05 AM

2-UAC2, 4-5 tons ammo

1 ERPPC

TAC5

Then sit at 800m range and gently massage away the enemy's armor.

#8 process

• Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 03:14 PM

OP, you can start with that just to get a feel for the chassis and those weapons. I think you'll eventually arrive at the conclusion that it doesn't actually jump all that well, runs a little too hot, and the weapons don't synergize all that well. The D side torsos + Prime arms are the best combination if you want to run in the short to mid range, as was previously posted.

The thing to keep in mind with Clan weaponry is that, while there is enormous damage potential, the heat keeps a lot of it in check. Make sure you're still able to maintain a healthy cooling efficiency on Smurfy, especially if you're putting together a brawler build; you do not want to shut down in the middle of a fight.

#9 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 03:37 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9df5d3f1092756a

poor man's version
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b3c678f8eb8c7fb

#10 Steve Pryde

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,465 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 August 2016 - 04:10 AM

I prefer THIS for the S-variant.

#11 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:52 AM

View PostSteve Pryde, on 22 August 2016 - 04:10 AM, said:

I prefer THIS for the S-variant.

Try using ASRM/4's, better grouping, better ammo consumption and better cool down. I used to run 4xASM/6, but once I tried running 4xASRM/4 I won't go back.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users