Push To Talk Does Not Work In Game

7 replies to this topic

#1 Jzaltheral

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 118 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 11:24 AM

So I have an unusual issue. I can hear all the sounds of MWO, I can hear other people on VOIP, but since the Oct 6th patch, I cannot talk in game. My other voice comms work normally - team speak is fine, skype is fine. This is strictly an issue with MWO, as far as I can tell. It's also very hard to troubleshoot the issue since there's no way in game to test it except to do a live drop, so I can only run one test every 15 minutes or so.

I have played with the microphone sensitivity, turning VOIP off and back on to try and reinitialize it, and monkeyed with my settings outside of the game, but so far nothing seems to help.

I have 64 bit Windows 7, running a Sound Blaster X-finity Titanium. I have tried reinstalling and updating the sound card drivers without solving the issue - and as I said, every other voice app works fine

Anyone run across something like this?

Thanks.

#2 Flapdrol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 12:51 PM

mic is the default recording device in windows?

#3 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 26 October 2015 - 01:09 PM

View PostJzaltheral, on 26 October 2015 - 11:24 AM, said:

So I have an unusual issue. I can hear all the sounds of MWO, I can hear other people on VOIP, but since the Oct 6th patch, I cannot talk in game. My other voice comms work normally - team speak is fine, skype is fine. This is strictly an issue with MWO, as far as I can tell. It's also very hard to troubleshoot the issue since there's no way in game to test it except to do a live drop, so I can only run one test every 15 minutes or so.

I have played with the microphone sensitivity, turning VOIP off and back on to try and reinitialize it, and monkeyed with my settings outside of the game, but so far nothing seems to help.

I have 64 bit Windows 7, running a Sound Blaster X-finity Titanium. I have tried reinstalling and updating the sound card drivers without solving the issue - and as I said, every other voice app works fine

Anyone run across something like this?

Thanks.

Having a similar issue on my new build. Did they take away the "insert player name here" when you yourself talk? Because pressing that key does not show me that I am talking anymore. Very hard to troubleshoot without a test option.

#4 Oderint dum Metuant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 26 October 2015 - 11:40 PM

Try running the game as Admin.

#5 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:29 AM

View PostDV McKenna, on 26 October 2015 - 11:40 PM, said:

Try running the game as Admin.

Yes, especially if you are using Windows 10. After I upgraded to Windows 10, I had the same problem with TS, had to run it as admin.

#6 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 02:11 PM

I often find after the first time of logging in that I have to go to settings/audio, and change up my mic volume just a notch and then save settings. This fixes the issue for me, maybe it will for you too.

#7 GoldenWolf

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 03:40 PM

Ok, I am Admin on this lap top. so how do you run the game as a Admin?Posted Image

#8 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 05 February 2017 - 07:55 PM

View PostGoldenWolf, on 05 February 2017 - 03:40 PM, said:

Ok, I am Admin on this lap top. so how do you run the game as a Admin?Posted Image

lol. right click and select "run as administrator".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users