17 replies to this topic

#1 Dakkss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 185 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 06:39 AM

Hey there.

As MechWarrior fans know, part of MechWarrior's charm since the 90's has largely been thanks to Bitchin' Betty. On the internet there are a handful of sound files of MW2's Betty which a lot of fans already have, but literally none for MW3 or MW4.

I have gone through my copies of all 3 games and extracted every single Bitching Betty and HUD/Cockpit sound effect I could get my hands on. Did you know MechWarrior 2 has 255 seperate files JUST for Betty? MW3 has 61 and MW4 has 97.

This is the most comprehensive, complete package of MechWarrior Betty and cockpit sound clips. And here it is for you all at 30mb (unpacked) in a rar on Mediafire! EDIT: It now also includes weapon sound effects from every game.

MechWarrior Betty + Cockpit/Mech + Weapon Sound Archive

Inside are folders with all files for:
MW2 Betty
MW3 Betty
MW4 Vengeance Betty
MW4 Mercenaries Betty (Same lines but different voice)

There's also a folder that contains the files for MW4's Gauss Rifle and PPC sound effects since I always see people saying how much they loved them. I plan to upload a fuller rar in the near future with all weapon sounds from the 3 games. EDIT: The link above has been changed with all weapon sounds included.

Enjoy, and please get this out there. Put it on Reddit or Battletech forums (I don't have accounts) This is the only place as far as I know on the net to get these files. I'm sure many want them for making videos and fan content, and I would very much like to see what people can do with them.

If there's any sound you think I missed or something I should look for, let me know.

Edited by Dak Darklighter, 31 October 2015 - 06:18 AM.

#2 Gamuray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 866 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 08:29 AM

View PostDak Darklighter, on 27 October 2015 - 06:39 AM, said:

Hey there.

As MechWarrior fans know, part of MechWarrior's charm since the 90's has largely been thanks to Bitchin' Betty. On the internet there are a handful of sound files of MW2's Betty which a lot of fans already have, but literally none for MW3 or MW4.

I have gone through my copies of all 3 games and extracted every single Bitching Betty and HUD/Cockpit sound effect I could get my hands on. Did you know MechWarrior 2 has 281 seperate files JUST for Betty? MW3 has 61 and MW4 has 97.

This is the most comprehensive, complete package of MechWarrior Betty and cockpit sound clips. And here it is for you all at 30mb (unpacked) in a rar on Mediafire!

MechWarrior Betty + Cockpit Sound Archive

Inside are folders with all files for:
MW2 Betty
MW3 Betty
MW4 Vengeance Betty
MW4 Mercenaries Betty (Same lines but different voice)

There's also a folder that contains the files for MW4's Gauss Rifle and PPC sound effects since I always see people saying how much they loved them. I plan to upload a fuller rar in the near future with all weapon sounds from the 3 games.

Enjoy, and please get this out there. Put it on Reddit or Battletech forums (I don't have accounts) This is the only place as far as I know on the net to get these files. I'm sure many want them for making videos and fan content and hopefully some more MWO Betty mods, and I would very much like to see what people can do with them.

If there's any sound you think I missed or something I should look for, let me know.

I would suggest deleting the mention of modding in the last-ish paragraph. Since it has been stated that any edit to the pak files of MWO, regardless of their use, can result in a ban. (And you aren't supposed to mention mods on the forum either.)

Moving on from there...

AMAZING!

I was hoping someone would do this and I am grateful to you for doing it! :lol:

ps. I love you now. :wub:

#3 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,781 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:02 AM

It's great!

Thank you very much! :D

#4 Burktross

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 27 October 2015 - 01:40 PM

niice

#5 Dakkss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 185 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 03:08 PM

View PostGamuray, on 27 October 2015 - 08:29 AM, said:

I would suggest deleting the mention of modding in the last-ish paragraph. Since it has been stated that any edit to the pak files of MWO, regardless of their use, can result in a ban. (And you aren't supposed to mention mods on the forum either.)

I see your point so I'm changing the OP

Edited by Dak Darklighter, 27 October 2015 - 03:29 PM.

#6 Burktross

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 27 October 2015 - 03:10 PM

View PostDak Darklighter, on 27 October 2015 - 03:08 PM, said:

Technically Shivaxi's sound pack for MW2 Betty isn't against TOS as it doesn't actually modify any game files, it just adds in a new .pak or two that take priority over the original sound .pak. They also have to provide a tactical advantage over the original sounds to break TOS, which Shivaxi's don't as it's the same dialogue with new nostalgic flavour.

That said, I see your point so I'm changing the OP

Alex actually clarified that they are against the TOS. No pak screwery allowed, unfortunately.

#7 Dakkss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 185 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 03:29 PM

I'll just keep it on the down-low then

#8 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 28 October 2015 - 06:49 AM

Schweet - thanks!

#9 GreyNovember

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:02 AM

You wouldn't happen to haaaaave. Weapon. Sounds. From MW4. Do you?

#10 LordMelvin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 567 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:45 AM

Excellent. I've been looking for the MW4 startup checklist for years.

#11 Dakkss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 185 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 05:58 AM

I have updated the archive.

Trevelyas on Reddit sent me a pack of MW2 sounds that has no audio glitches, so they've all been replaced. Some new Cockpit/Mech sounds I missed have also been added across all 3 games.

Biggest addition is the weapon sounds from MW2, MW3 and MW4 are also in the download now. Enjoy.

http://www.mediafire...apon+Sounds.rar

I'll be attempting to get the audio out of MechAssault 1 and 2 next, but I have no clue how I would go about that. I will not be ripping audio out of any MechCommander or other Battletech games as I never played them.

#12 Pistachio_

Rookie

• The God
  • The God
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 09:51 AM

is it possible for some one who knows about computers to rip the weapon sounds from MWO? I know a lot of people dislike them but I quite enjoy them

#13 Dakkss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 185 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 04:44 AM

Some people have been ripping the sounds from MWO for a while, but it's mostly been the Betty sounds. The weapon sounds need tweaking to their speed and pitch which I can do, if you're still interested.

#14 IshyOQGX

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:11 AM

I put the files I wanted (MW4 weapons and MW2 all else), but I don't get any of those sounds. I placed them in the Game folder of MWO's Steam directory. Help please?

#15 Mahpsy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 293 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:42 AM

View PostGamuray, on 27 October 2015 - 08:29 AM, said:

Moving on from there...

AMAZING!

I was hoping someone would do this and I am grateful to you for doing it! Posted Image

ps. I love you now. Posted Image

But I remember Russ saying they we're not going on witch hunts for sound mods either.

#16 Dakkss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 185 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 09:23 PM

View PostIshyOQGX, on 21 April 2016 - 09:11 AM, said:

I put the files I wanted (MW4 weapons and MW2 all else), but I don't get any of those sounds. I placed them in the Game folder of MWO's Steam directory. Help please?

That's not what this download is for. This is simply a rar of all the Betty/Weapon/Mech/Cockpit sounds from MechWarrior's 2, 3 and 4. It's not a mod to include the sounds in MWO. You can find that floating around of the internet somewhere if you google.

I only uploaded this if people want high-quality sound effects from the games for whatever reason (and I'm secretly hoping the guy who mods it into MWO will do it with MW4 sounds :D)

#17 iNfUsi0N

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:26 AM

new weapon systems are about to come. i hope some1s gonna keep up the work of shivaxi for his mechwarrior 2 soundmod and the mechwarrior 4 fx :S

#18 Mechammer555

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:39 AM

New patch today broke the MW3 Betty and cockpit sounds. Posted Image
Don't know about the others, as those were the only ones I used.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users