Worst Mech

77 replies to this topic

#61 Archie4Strings

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 659 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 03:09 AM

I play the summoner very much just because i like it very much! But i gotta say, it is kind of ineffective and probably the most ineffective Mech of all. Worse is just a Brawling Executioner on Alpine Peaks!
It is acutally also the only mech in my rotation, with which i have a negative kill/death-ratio (i know it doesnt matter, i still have a positive win/loss-ratio with the summoner). But its a prove that the summoner is not a very good damagedealer...

I think it would be a hell of a mech, if you could change jump jets as you like! Done! Perfect!
It is also among the 3 best looking mechs of all. So, they should care it much more!

#62 DarthHias

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 03:24 AM

View PostGamuray, on 27 October 2015 - 07:06 PM, said:

HEY!! Firebrand is GOOD. You just have to play to it's strength, which is that sweet sweet xl340 93kph engine and super high mounted, quirked, ppc's!

Also, Locust-3S is the worst mech hands down. 4 missiles (in a locust, ammo weapons are too heavy..) and a SINGLE energy hardpoint quirked for MEDIUM LASERS. Ok. So... 3 srm2's and a medium? and a half ton of ammo per srm2. 25 total shots of... 12 damage.. And then you have a 5 damage plinker.

:mellow: ... -_-

ps. I suppose you can technically do more than 1.5 tons of ammo but even so. Srm's attract attention, which is the opposite of what you will EVER want in a locust, especially at close range.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...23b3e1f187a586c

#63 9thDeathscream

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 563 posts
  • LocationDown Under. 260 pinging.

Posted 30 October 2015 - 03:44 AM

Vindicators are shockers especially the 1x

Small engine cap (no speed) added horrible hard points and thin armour.

Walking death-trap!

#64 StraferX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 30 October 2015 - 03:53 AM

I am going to disagree with every one here, THE worst mech in the game is the YLW.

Because with it's tiny little weak lame arm it has lost all of it's former glory and honor and is so sad now and cowers in shame.

#65 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,932 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 30 October 2015 - 04:18 AM

Someone thinks the Firebrand is the worst mech in the game!?

I'm sorry but you my be under the influence. Certainly not the best mech, but no way is it the worst. You're suggesting it is a worse performer -objectively or subjectively- then say a Spider 5V? The loyalty Wolverine? The ballistic Panther?. 2 PPCs (with perhaps 4 small pulse for the short range) and a standard 300. Fairly plain and perhaps underpowered, but it is a serviceable and cheap build that is better than just about anything you can do in the mechs mentioned above. Alt: Drop in an XL and do a Rifleman build, or 2 AC5 and 6 ML, etc. Also the Firebrand looks cool.

Firebrand may be a poor person's Warhammer but it sure isn't the worst mech in the game...that honor IMHO goes to the loyalty Wolverine (never driven the Panther and I think the 5V is a great distraction).

My personal definition of a bad mech is one that I never desire to play again after I master it. The mech might be objectively okay on paper but subjectively I just didn't click (so yes I understand perhaps not liking certain mechs such as the Firebrand). As to the L-Wolverine, its worse than bad as it is the only mech I have yet played where I am constantly having to force myself into playing it at all. The hard points and quirks demand a terrible mix build that MASK adds nothing to. Optimum build is to turn it into a oversized Huggin. Since a Huggin already has the job of being a Huggin and the W-7K is a better oversized Huggin, this mech not only has no function but is unsuited to the function it can perform (big, comparatively slow). Thus, to me, it is the worst mech.

#66 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 30 October 2015 - 05:04 AM

View PostYosharian, on 27 October 2015 - 11:57 AM, said:

Nope, it's shite.

Meanwhile the Summoner can run Gauss + ERPPC with a shield torso, I've seen Spriggan absolutely crushing in that build. GMan lists it as T2.

GMan lists the Banshee-3M as T3... Id take his ratings with a pinch of salt.

Mind you, summoner is far from the worst mech in the game. Thats a commando or one of the non 5D spiders.

Edited by Widowmaker1981, 30 October 2015 - 05:05 AM.

#67 Mekanïk Destruktïw Kommandöh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 350 posts
  • Location花果山: Water Curtain Cave on the Moutain of Flowers and Fruit

Posted 30 October 2015 - 05:06 AM

Any EXE.
I am dead serious.

Having 230+ mech in hangar.
Almost all of them mastered.
Each one with unique build for any playstyle and tune.

And have to say, that EXE is The greatest disappointment and pain in the a$$ to pilot.
Big, bulky, low hardpoints, almost all of them are energy, laughable free tonnage and space for 95-tonner, slow and narrow torso\arms angles.
What could be worse?!
Every aspect of this mech in current customizing system is pathetic, laughable and awkward.

Gargoyle seemed to be godlike in the face of EXE.

Posted Image

#68 mogs01gt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 30 October 2015 - 05:20 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 30 October 2015 - 05:04 AM, said:

GMan lists the Banshee-3M as T3... Id take his ratings with a pinch of salt.
Mind you, summoner is far from the worst mech in the game. Thats a commando or one of the non 5D spiders.

The difference between lights and heavies is that heavies are suppose to be damage dealers while dealing damage for a light isnt traditionally their primary goal.

#69 patataman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-sa
  • Sho-sa
  • 464 posts
  • LocationA Vindicator cockpit near you

Posted 30 October 2015 - 05:27 AM

Trying to be objective, i'd say the commandos are the worst, with the sdr-5v and vnd-1x close behind (saved just because of the jj's).

From a personal point of view... (you are going to laugh at me). Thunderbolts. I realize they are meta and powerful and all that. But i hated driving them from the first game and in the end sold them all without even unlocking all the basic efficiencies. I'd take a Vindy over a Tbolt every day of the week. And do triple the kills and the damage.

#70 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 30 October 2015 - 05:44 AM

View PostStraferX, on 30 October 2015 - 03:53 AM, said:

I am going to disagree with every one here, THE worst mech in the game is the YLW.

Because with it's tiny little weak lame arm it has lost all of it's former glory and honor and is so sad now and cowers in shame.

Paint the LYW in basic green and shot people as you carve them up with dat AC/20...

#71 BattleBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 541 posts
  • LocationWarren

Posted 30 October 2015 - 05:54 AM

I am often surrounded by hipsters that are trying to make every mech in the game work.

It seems the vindicator is the mech thats really hard to work with.

#72 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 30 October 2015 - 06:14 AM

View PostBattleBunny, on 30 October 2015 - 05:54 AM, said:

I am often surrounded by hipsters that are trying to make every mech in the game work.

It seems the vindicator is the mech thats really hard to work with.

I must ask Monhax if he has long beard.... :D

#73 Bloody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 569 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 06:19 AM

right now in my stable? the 2 Loyalty mechs are really rubbish the Zeus and the Wolverine. Mismatched and bad hardpoints with no decent quirks to make them competitive and just overall really really gimpy. It sits like a **** in the stable

#74 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 30 October 2015 - 06:53 AM

View Postmogs01gt, on 30 October 2015 - 05:20 AM, said:

The difference between lights and heavies is that heavies are suppose to be damage dealers while dealing damage for a light isnt traditionally their primary goal.

Yes, except dealing damage is the only actual goal in this game.

#75 ExplicitContent

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 336 posts
  • LocationSolaris Arena

Posted 30 October 2015 - 08:51 AM

View PostBloody, on 30 October 2015 - 06:19 AM, said:

right now in my stable? the 2 Loyalty mechs are really rubbish the Zeus and the Wolverine. Mismatched and bad hardpoints with no decent quirks to make them competitive and just overall really really gimpy. It sits like a **** in the stable

For the Zeus, it is not so bad. I run an xl 320, 2xLPL, Gauss and SSRM2X3 (for lights). I suck with SRMs or else I would run them. It really isnt too bad and is XL friendly. I have more success in the Zeus-6® bc i can shove 3xLPL with my gauss, but the L variant is at least usable. The wolverine on the other hand...

#76 DarkMetalBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 270 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 10:45 AM

View PostExplicitContent, on 30 October 2015 - 08:51 AM, said:

For the Zeus, it is not so bad. I run an xl 320, 2xLPL, Gauss and SSRM2X3 (for lights). I suck with SRMs or else I would run them. It really isnt too bad and is XL friendly. I have more success in the Zeus-6® bc i can shove 3xLPL with my gauss, but the L variant is at least usable. The wolverine on the other hand...

I'll add to this post by saying that I think the only thing that can be done with the loyalty Wolverine is to stuff a Gauss Rifle in it & call it a day.

I did the same thing with the Panther 10P as well.

#77 ExplicitContent

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 336 posts
  • LocationSolaris Arena

Posted 30 October 2015 - 10:54 AM

View PostDarkMetalBlade, on 30 October 2015 - 10:45 AM, said:

I'll add to this post by saying that I think the only thing that can be done with the loyalty Wolverine is to stuff a Gauss Rifle in it & call it a day.

I did the same thing with the Panther 10P as well.

Yeah I am going to have to give that a go. I don't own any other wolverines though, so it might be awhile. Thanks for the suggestion

#78 Airu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 201 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 11:00 AM

I see many people are bashing SDR 5V, how dare you! :D L2P it right, its not your arctic easy mode cheater. From the other thread:
Posted Image

As for the worst, from those that I have played I vote for Panther 10P. With CT missiles and no energy it is a joke if you want to play it seriously.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users