77 replies to this topic

#1 ExplicitContent

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 336 posts
  • LocationSolaris Arena

Posted 27 October 2015 - 11:44 AM

So what is the absolutely worst mech in this game? one that you can't do anything with and is just a complete P.O.S.?

#2 mogs01gt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 27 October 2015 - 11:47 AM

Its sad that you cant name just one...
summoner, kto, quickdraw, orion, pick your light other than(raven, cheatah, fs9). Lost and lots of variants on specific mechs.

#3 Yosharian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 11:51 AM

The nominate the Locust 1V. An absolute piece of ****, even with overpowered quirks.

View Postmogs01gt, on 27 October 2015 - 11:47 AM, said:

Its sad that you cant name just one...
summoner, kto, quickdraw, orion, pick your light other than(raven, cheatah, fs9). Lost and lots of variants on specific mechs.

The summoner has some moderately effective builds. It's not the worst in the game at all. Orion.. perhaps. Quickdraw has some effective variants.

#4 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 27 October 2015 - 11:54 AM

View PostYosharian, on 27 October 2015 - 11:51 AM, said:

The nominate the Locust 1V. An absolute piece of ****, even with overpowered quirks.

The summoner has some moderately effective builds. It's not the worst in the game at all. Orion.. perhaps. Quickdraw has some effective variants.

I see more people using ERLL LCT-1Vs than I ever see using the Summoner effectively. Just because you can't poke and run with it effectively (neither can I) doesn't make it bad.

As for worst?

SDR-5V Spider.

A max weapon load of 2x MPL, or a single ERLL, no ecm. It can run around and be kind of annoying, and that is literally all it can do.

#5 Lostdragon

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 27 October 2015 - 11:54 AM

The Spider that only has 2 CT energy hardpoints.

#6 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 27 October 2015 - 11:57 AM

Everyone they planned on resizing but never did.

#7 Yosharian

• Bad Company
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 11:57 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 27 October 2015 - 11:54 AM, said:

I see more people using ERLL LCT-1Vs than I ever see using the Summoner effectively.

Nope, it's shite.

Meanwhile the Summoner can run Gauss + ERPPC with a shield torso, I've seen Spriggan absolutely crushing in that build. GMan lists it as T2.

#8 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:02 PM

View PostYosharian, on 27 October 2015 - 11:57 AM, said:

Nope, it's shite.

Meanwhile the Summoner can run Gauss + ERPPC with a shield torso, I've seen Spriggan absolutely crushing in that build. GMan lists it as T2.

I honestly don't give a shite what Gman lists it as. I play the game, not spreadsheets.

What 1 or 2 comps can do with a mech, is not the same as it's overall effectiveness. Else I would point out what Jman5 can do in a HBK-4J as why it's an uber meta mech.

But believe what you want.

#9 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:02 PM

View PostYosharian, on 27 October 2015 - 11:57 AM, said:

not this BS again...

#10 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:05 PM

I think there are a few that are tied for the worst, but i f I had to pick one...

Panther 10P.
2 Ballistic in the arm, 2 missile in CT. It can't run a heavier ballistic (like an A/C10) without sacrificing speed and/or the missiles in the CT. I think if you play around with it, you can do an A/C10 and an SRM2, but you probably aren't fitting a JJ (maybe 1 if your lucky).

You can dial the main weapon down, but the LBX is crap, the UA/C5 is unreliable and as a primary weapon, that I'd kinda unacceptable. That leaves an A/C5 and maybe 2 SRM4s.

To give you an idea of how subpar that is, a Panther 10K has an ERPPC that hits for 10 damage all day long, can carry 2 SRM4s, can run at 127Kph, and can JJ like a champ.

So, to make a 10P match the 10K in the 10 damage in the primary weapon department, you have to sacrifice missiles, speed, and jumping capability. Basically you are SOL in every way. You can settle for a 5 damage weapon and make up some of the other attributes, but you have halved the damage of your primary weapon. On top of all that, unlike the other Panthers, all your weapons are ammo dependant so ammo is an issue in longer engagements (if you survive that long with your compromises).

So all the 10P's weapons are ammo dependant, all heavy ammo with a heavy primary weapon (ballistic) that takes up a lot of crit space. The ammo is explosive with no good place to put it (legs? Bad. Side torso? XL so bad, CT? Missiles taking spot. Head? Ammo for missiles there, etc...).

All this just makes for a miserable sack of poo. All the above (probably also things I am forgetting) is why it is my worst pick.

P.S. Vindicator 1X is a runner up and I could also see the Locust 3V being a good choice with 2 ballistic and 2 CT energy (but at least you could make a poor man's 1V with it).

Still, nothing is as rage inducing as that Panther 10P.

#11 AlphaToaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:21 PM

Summoner is my favorite underdog mech. I enjoy piloting it lately so I don't think it's the worst.

I would say Commandos as a class, are the worst overall. Most of the other mechs have a trash variant or two that never sees play after basic.

#12 Tyler Valentine

• Senior Corporal
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:26 PM

Lots of good choices on here but honestly, all but one can at least muster a somewhat viable build. The SDR-5V Spider is, hands down, the worst 'mech in the game.

#13 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:32 PM

Worst Mech?

That spider-5V.

Absolutely the worst mech you will ever encounter.

2 Energy hardpoints in the CT, and that's all.

Yep.

Don't even try it....

#14 Yosharian

• Bad Company
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:37 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 27 October 2015 - 12:02 PM, said:

I honestly don't give a shite what Gman lists it as. I play the game, not spreadsheets.

What 1 or 2 comps can do with a mech, is not the same as it's overall effectiveness. Else I would point out what Jman5 can do in a HBK-4J as why it's an uber meta mech.

But believe what you want.

Gman listing it as T2 was an off-hand comment, not the main thrust of my argument. The Summoner can be effective. The LCT-1V can't. I know cos I've run it. It's ****. Even when you get carte blanche to blast people indefinitely with that one ERLL, you still barely do any damage.

"Less people use the Summoner" is not an effective counter to this argument. Plus a lot of people run the Summoner as a Streakboat, which is easy-mode.

Edited by Yosharian, 27 October 2015 - 12:38 PM.

#15 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:40 PM

one of the comando's

in a group I like to squirrel in a 2d eye's light up, but not for long as the team takes them apart from the rear

#16 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:43 PM

@ Mei

I don't find the Panther 10P that bad I run mg srm build like an under quirked Huginn, I'd hazard a guess that if the quirks were the same the 10P would be vastly better

#17 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 01:02 PM

View PostYosharian, on 27 October 2015 - 12:37 PM, said:

Gman listing it as T2 was an off-hand comment, not the main thrust of my argument. The Summoner can be effective. The LCT-1V can't. I know cos I've run it. It's ****. Even when you get carte blanche to blast people indefinitely with that one ERLL, you still barely do any damage.

"Less people use the Summoner" is not an effective counter to this argument. Plus a lot of people run the Summoner as a Streakboat, which is easy-mode.

I rock VNDs effectively. I'm terrible Stalkers.

Using what you can or can't personally drive worth a darn as a tento pole, is just not objective. As noted, I see more people using the LCT EFFECTIVELY than I do people in Summoners. Big difference from "I see more/less people use. And I almost never see Streak Summoners, since the StreakCrow is about 10x more effective.

Again, all your comment means...is you are BAD in the LCT-1V. That's cool man, not some knock on your skill, we all have mechs we are effective/ineffective in, regardless of where some anonymous internet dude ranks them on a list.

But again, man, run what you want bro.

View PostCathy, on 27 October 2015 - 12:43 PM, said:

@ Mei

I don't find the Panther 10P that bad I run mg srm build like an under quirked Huginn, I'd hazard a guess that if the quirks were the same the 10P would be vastly better

Yeah... but they ain't and thus, the 10P is pretty bad.

#18 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 27 October 2015 - 01:04 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 27 October 2015 - 12:32 PM, said:

Worst Mech?

That spider-5V.

Absolutely the worst mech you will ever encounter.

2 Energy hardpoints in the CT, and that's all.

Yep.

Don't even try it....

B-b-b-b-but this one time some random guy posted a screenshot of a match with 1200 damage with a stock Spider 5V! It's the pilot not the mech!!!!11!one

#19 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 01:07 PM

I'd throw that loyality wolvie into the ring. The spider can at least fly.

#20 Simbacca

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 797 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 October 2015 - 01:08 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 27 October 2015 - 11:54 AM, said:

I see more people using ERLL LCT-1Vs than I ever see using the Summoner effectively. Just because you can't poke and run with it effectively (neither can I) doesn't make it bad. As for worst? SDR-5V Spider. A max weapon load of 2x MPL, or a single ERLL, no ecm. It can run around and be kind of annoying, and that is literally all it can do.

Funny thing is, I found the Spider-5V to be somewhat effective in CW (when I played during events). Its high speed and high jump jets ability effectively permit it to fight in the barrel - so to speak [and yes, I mounted AMS as per my standard doctrine]. Its primary disadvantage was it is easy to overheat (MPLs+MPL Recharge Rate Module+Quirks).

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users