Why Do People Think 200-350 Dmg Is Good.?

245 replies to this topic

#241 4ries

• PipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 79 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 25 May 2016 - 04:20 AM

Edited by 4ries, 25 May 2016 - 07:14 AM.

#242 el piromaniaco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 957 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 25 May 2016 - 04:27 AM

What about the fun and joy of a discussion? Even if the OP has long ago left the building?

Why close it?

People feel the need to express their opinion on that matter, others want to read it answer.

It's also a kind of "elitist crap" when someone says "Hu, i think it's dumb talking about this or that. Close this thread please" :)

#243 Guitar Czar

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 48 posts
  • LocationAZ

Posted 28 May 2016 - 05:41 PM

Posted Image

#244 el piromaniaco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 957 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 29 May 2016 - 01:39 PM

The first picture that came to menu my mind when I started reading this thread :)

#245 Requiemking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 31 May 2016 - 01:28 PM

When I think of doing good damage-wise, at least in QP, I think being able to do four times my mech's weight in damage is a good place to start. You can't expect unrealistic performances of everyone. So, for example, 80 damage in a locust doesn't seem like much, but it can be quite difficult to get there. On the opposite end of the scale, achieving 400 damage per round in an Atlas or a Kodiak shouldn't be beyond your ability, considering the immense amount of ordinance that can be packed into those mechs.

#246 Rejarial Galatan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 31 May 2016 - 08:48 PM

if a person needs to use this or any other game to validate his or her existence they need major psychiatric help. When people go, herrherr your the bottom tier and you suck because of it, or herrherr you did 80 damage and i did 4000 damage you suck, and they sincerely think that being top of the stack or highest damage = good pilot or what ever, it makes me cringe.

The bottom line is, whether someone wins lets say the world tourny that mwo is putting on or doesnt does not make one a god and the other trash, because who outside this shrinking community gives a crap? A video game is not a metric to base a persons value on. The metric that matters is: did the player have fun? if yes, then its a win, if no? reassess ones values and try again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users