Closed Beta Round 2 Tomorrow? (July 10th)

131 replies to this topic

#101 AlexEss

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:43 AM

I have to say though that the community at large remains surprisingly calm compared to the average community. By now i was expecting people chewing on the furniture and climbing the walls.. It is very refreshing.

#102 Tokimonatakanimekat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:51 AM

View PostAlexEss, on 10 July 2012 - 04:43 AM, said:

By now i was expecting people chewing on the furniture and climbing the walls.. It is very refreshing.

I just chew silently. Hssss!

#103 Horrace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:51 AM

Right, my new graphics card is installed, release the next batch of keys please.

#104 Riino

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLhasa

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:56 AM

View PostAlexEss, on 10 July 2012 - 04:43 AM, said:

By now i was expecting people chewing on the furniture and climbing the walls..

Im currently working on my plan to freeze myself till the 7th of august.
So that my body will go in a deep sleep and it looks like 10seconds instead of 28 days.

A wise young boy from the tv has told me this is a wise thing to do.

#105 Engineering

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 77 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:57 AM

About that July 10th... isn't that the date they were going to get the new hardware before a delay in getting the new hardware forced them to move the early access to Aug 7th?

If so wouldn't that mean no new hardware so no large scale invites?

#106 Lord Cochrane

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:02 AM

View PostEngineering, on 10 July 2012 - 04:57 AM, said:

About that July 10th... isn't that the date they were going to get the new hardware before a delay in getting the new hardware forced them to move the early access to Aug 7th?

If so wouldn't that mean no new hardware so no large scale invites?

Burn the heretic!!!

#107 Marketh

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 71 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:07 AM

Jason Youngblood wishes to advise you this Founder requires access.

#108 Randalf Yorgen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • Locationwith in 3m of the exposed Arcons rear ct

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:13 AM

View PostLord Cochrane, on 10 July 2012 - 02:29 AM, said:

No we're not, since the northern hemisphere is heavier due to all that land mass and people and stuff and we all know that the heavy side of a ball always rolls to the bottom.
Therefore the southern hemisphere is actually on top and so we southerners are up the right way and all the northerners are upside down.

Look at that science in action. B)

Well if you ignore mass and density and just use weight then maybe, but then again, the ARCTIC is frozen Ocean where the AntArctic is a Continent. Also with the Arctic Ice being able to drift, flex, shrink, grow and move it's effect on the "Balance" of the Earth is largely negated. Sorry mate, simple observations, which is the true begining of science, has derailed your argument, now that's Science in Action :unsure:

#109 MiniChiken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 107 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:28 AM

View Postlight487, on 09 July 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

I think what will happen is similar to what we are seeing now, except at a faster pace. So 500 keys a day until the weekend (about 2000 keys).. then see how the servers handle peak load on the weekend.. if everything is good, then another 500 keys per day.. maybe even ramp it up to 1,000 (2,500 to 5,000 (total of 5,000 to 7,500 extra)) keys a day for the next week and again see what happens on the weekend.. that will bring us up to 2 weeks prior to Aug 7th.. and so will likely have around 15 to 25 thousand players online prior to Aug 7th to see how it copes.. then on Aug 7th.. the bomb shell hits B)

I agree, they won't want to slap 5k+ new invites onto the new hardware until they're sure they have everything working and there isn't any load balancing issues. A steady increase of 500 a day would seem the most likely.

View PostRandalf Yorgen, on 10 July 2012 - 05:13 AM, said:

Well if you ignore mass and density and just use weight then maybe, but then again, the ARCTIC is frozen Ocean where the AntArctic is a Continent. Also with the Arctic Ice being able to drift, flex, shrink, grow and move it's effect on the "Balance" of the Earth is largely negated. Sorry mate, simple observations, which is the true begining of science, has derailed your argument, now that's Science in Action :unsure:

He's also assuming the Earth has a bottom and a top, and that they are influenced by the mass accumulated in either location.

#110 SpoontheMoose

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:30 AM

All I know is I will be checking my beta status all day from work and then leave early once it gets approved.

#111 Beardybloke

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 60 posts
  • Locationi'm here *points at the UK*

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:33 AM

Pending....always...Pending...

#112 Sundiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 240 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:33 AM

IF the hardware arrives on schedule. IF it installs without a hitch. I imagine they'll want a few days for the current round of testers to well..test it? Make sure there's no major glitches before inviting more folks.

#113 irony1999

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 302 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:35 AM

I wouldn't expect anything until next week. Just because you have a server doesn't mean you can use it right away...

#114 CommanderBoom

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 75 posts
  • LocationEast Coast United States

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:37 AM

Give to me the thing that I desire. If not I'll continue chewing on this lovely sofa... and patiently wait for my turn/August 7th... You wouldn't want to be responsible for my indigestion would you!?

Edit: At least pass me some hot sauce...

Edited by CommanderBoom, 10 July 2012 - 05:38 AM.

#115 Theodore de Neuhoff

Rookie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:38 AM

in my opinion beta testing should be beta testing - not playing a game.. if all these people will get a key just wanna play it would be very bad for the game at all

#116 Mr Steik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • LocationUk

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:42 AM

Well it's under a month till the 7th of August now anyways, i can wait B) ( just )

#117 TOP

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:43 AM

ok give beta so i can lead FooFoo again to pwn you all

#118 PixelPixie

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Locationeastern seaboard of the americas

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:45 AM

if i get a key so be it ..if not i can wait til aug...i really want them and the testers and unicorns to take their time and develope a good clean product instead of catering to all us who keep looking glass eyed at the pending and having our email route drivers afraid to deliver our mail because we might throttle them...so we wait.

what the hell am i saying gimm me key..

love pixie

#119 Kell Draygo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 884 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:45 AM

View PostTheodore de Neuhoff, on 10 July 2012 - 05:38 AM, said:

in my opinion beta testing should be beta testing - not playing a game.. if all these people will get a key just wanna play it would be very bad for the game at all

This is pretty spot on, these days people seem to be treating beta access as a nice little preview for the game. Those who buy the founder packs just to play beta so they can start having fun early isn't the group of people beta is geared towards, and they would just waste the slot. When you beta a game, you don't go in to have fun and play regularly, you go in to try to actively break the game as many times as possible. Finding stuff you can abuse in the game that wasn't the developer's intention.

#120 TOP

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:47 AM

yeah sorry i would not want to play the game and have fun, just report bugs OMFG

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users