Why Do You Hate This Mech So Much?

15 replies to this topic

#1 Nik Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 12:32 PM

Ok, it's not like it's unusable but last PTS it's mobility got hit so hard, and now the S has 335m sensor range?
Please realize that brawlers are the only ones that use those ranges and those mechs are the 133.7+ kph mechs, not the 106 kph kitfox.
I have never seen one being held as a top tier or overpowered and it really will have a hard time playing the supporting light if it has no sensor range...

#2 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 01:13 AM

the kitfox definitely needs major buffs

its slow -AND- the size of a friggin 50 ton mech.

#3 Volthorne

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,929 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Canadia

Posted 05 November 2015 - 02:03 AM

View PostKhobai, on 05 November 2015 - 01:13 AM, said:

the kitfox definitely needs major buffs

its slow -AND- the size of a friggin 50 ton mech.

At least it's not the size of a 55-60 ton 'Mech with a CT that can be hit from literally any angle. Looking at you, Cicada.

#4 Jae Hyun Nakamura

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 288 posts
  • LocationMarburg

Posted 05 November 2015 - 02:50 AM

I played my little Fox in PTS 3 now and i have to say... Kit Fox really needs some Help. Firt things first, why you have added a fixed strukture slot to the right torso so i cannot use my double ultra AC/2???

OK, jokes aside. If you take the status quo from PTS3 the Kit Fox will be a useless Mech in any means. Not only that it cannot really handle 3 ERM Lasers on Tourmaline, it also has no significant sensor range to use this. Its speed and size is another handycap. Everything up to a 'Cicada' can outrun it, and everything the IS can bring on the battlefield with same speed values brings it to its knees in no time. His Value as an ECM Mech will be cra(p) after re.balance and a loadout with ERL or LP lets it overheat insta. I cannot find a role that fits for my little Kit Fox, but i haven't tried it with UAC/5/10 yet.

#5 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 02:51 AM

At least it's not the size of a 55-60 ton 'Mech with a CT that can be hit from literally any angle. Looking at you, Cicada.

Except the Cicada isnt slow, its fast, plus its 40 tons. the Kitfox is both slow -AND- only 30 tons... the Cicada also has 6 energy hardpoints unlike the Kitfox which only has 3 energy hardpoints (4 if it gives up ECM).

So yeah the Kitfox has it way worse than the Cicada...

is Value as an ECM Mech will be cra(p) after rebalance

Exactly. The Kitfox is kindve passable as a support mech now because ECM is so strong. But once ECM gets nerfed the Kitfox has nothing to really offer.

Edited by Khobai, 07 November 2015 - 08:15 PM.

#6 Leopardo

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 03:38 AM

dudes they just testing things - i gues the quirks will come back - also i think some mechs must have ECM buff !!!!

#7 Nik Reaper

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 07:51 AM

View PostLeopardo, on 05 November 2015 - 03:38 AM, said:

dudes they just testing things - i gues the quirks will come back - also i think some mechs must have ECM buff !!!!

Problem is that there is a trend going on here , or so it seems , and when they seem to be trying several times to give it lower stats than it has now.. well I wounder where does the hate come from x) .

#8 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 04:31 PM

Well the Kitfox has ECM and Jumpjets... so its getting double zinged for that reason.

The PROBLEM is it doesnt seem to be getting compensated for being slow -AND- being huge at the same time. Thats the worst possible combination for a light mech.

#9 redlance

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 10:05 PM

just make it smaller. why is it the so big?

#10 iLLcapitan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 654 posts
  • LocationBirdhouse

Posted 14 December 2015 - 11:34 PM

yea.. moar love for the fox plz.
..and while I accept the latest changes for it's balancing merit, the Gauss+2med build is now obsolete (as well).

#11 CuriousCabbitBlue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 228 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 07:33 AM

eh I do well with 3 er med lasers and a lrm launcher with jump jets, just support fire and jump jetting lrms is pretty nice~ pop lock fire~

though firing those 3 er meds do over heat you pretty fast though

I just put there into right n left mouse botton groups for corner firing an the lrms into my thirds firing button

actually do really well with this set up mot of the time

#12 matG

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:32 AM

its so slow im trying to make it work but all my is light are 30+ kph faster. it carnt dodge fire, it seems to die aas soon as it gets near the enemy.

#13 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:50 AM

/shrug

When I ran with Clans I often used KFX-TOOLBOX, and people loved me for it, I couldn't kill my way out of a wet paper bag, but I made the Dire Wolves get to the front line un-molested by LRM fire...

#14 William Mountbank

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 671 posts
  • LocationBayern

Posted 27 January 2016 - 01:34 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 14 January 2016 - 09:50 AM, said:

/shrug

When I ran with Clans I often used KFX-TOOLBOX, and people loved me for it, I couldn't kill my way out of a wet paper bag, but I made the Dire Wolves get to the front line un-molested by LRM fire...

Because the 3xAMS KFX is just a moronshield. Plus, if you're going to use all those JJs that come with the S pod legs, you'll be TAGing far away from the very Direwales you're supposed to be protecting. Also, if the enemy decide to use direct fire weapons rather than lurmstorming, you have 4.5t of wasted tonnage.

The KFX has the same speed as a min-maxed urbie, but it's three times the size for the same tonnage.

Edited by William Mountbank, 27 January 2016 - 01:35 AM.

#15 Fox With A Shotgun

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 04:14 PM

It seems these days with the amount of overquirked IS LL boating, the only niche left for a KFX is to be a rabid berserking creature with excessive firepower.

I've been racking up massive damage on the KFX- DIRE FOX, as well as the KFX-RABID FOX. Both of these builds do NOT have ECM, and thus will rely entirely on good positioning to stay alive. When you DO get in range of a heavy or an assault, however, the results are devastating...

Dire Fox lets you put out alpha after alpha without overheating. Rabid Fox is more accurate, and lets you destroy components from further away, but is susceptible to overheating. You can feasibly put out 6 48-damage alphas in the Dire Fox before overheating, and about the 4-5 x 32-damage alphas on the Rabid Fox. Neither of which can really be sneezed at.

You play this as an all-in assassin, or a drive-by shooter. You either run past from cover to cover, dumping a load of missiles at a time, or you go in from behind and keep shooting, overriding if you have to, until either you or your target are dead. It's extremely good for destroying heavies and assaults, not too shabby at dealing with mediums, and pretty poor at killing lights.

Edited by Fox With A Shotgun, 28 January 2016 - 04:45 PM.

#16 mashed potatoe

• Pip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 06:10 AM

I prefer this build a lot of splash damage but good for killing locusts. A full volley and the locust is dead or legged.
SRM-6x4 650ammo

But after looking a" new skill" youtube video, im asking myself how should a light mech in general compete with a heavy when there is only a percentage value for amour. A 5% increase in amour for a 75ton mech is more than 5% for a 30 ton mech.
With the new skill system its even harder to kill by running a light than it is before.

Yes, the kitfox need some love ....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users