Best Ballistic Medium? (Is)

24 replies to this topic

#21 Alianton

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 105 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 10:24 PM

as of right now, i've got my BJ1-DC with 3 MLs, AC20, 4.5 tons ammo and an XL220. pretty damned good. before this i was running 2 AC5, 2SL, 5 tons ammo XL220. the 2 AC5 were firing slightly slower than normal AC2s, whereas if i went 2AC2 they were almost like machine guns haha.

#22 Heavenward

• PipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 72 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 01:34 PM

I would recommend any of the ballistic Centurions with my personal favourite being the CN9-D, i just cant get enough of the LBX-10 auto-shotty action. That said with the revised quirks it runs very well with a standard AC-10 too.

#23 Mercarryn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 289 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 09 December 2015 - 02:17 PM

Enforcer 5P with Dual U-AC5 is a nice damage machine if you manage to be ignored by the enemy. Its disadvantage are the rather low mounted ballistic slots in the arms. Enforcer 5D with LBX and medium pulses as backup also works nicely, though I recommend to use a standard 200 engine on this one. It might be slower but less vulnerable.

I also had quite funny games with the Trebuchet 7K. Not a common sight these days, but its energy and ballistic slots are quite high mounted. I am running it with 2 med pulse and 2 AC5. With the recent PTS 4 rebalance, it received some nice buffs on structure and energy heat /cooldown quirks, making the pulses more efficient.

#24 Johny Rocket

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 05:13 AM

Treb 7K all day every day. 2 AC5 2 ML 5t ammo, Xl 275 nets 97.2kph. Both Ballistic points are decently high in the left ST, lasers in the right ST. No additional heatsinks needed.
Not sure what they did to the quirks but it had strong AC5 quirks, Fastfire unlocked and a T5 AC5 cooldown the reload is 1.04 sec. Put them on chain and its an AC5 every .5 sec.
Decently compact size for a 50t'er.
Sure for the tonnage you could run a bigger single cannon, but over a 10 sec engagement this out damages them all and causes that vomit inducing screen shake like no other. Might be a dirty trick but I find the best way to not take return fire is to blind them.

#25 FEK315

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 337 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 12:54 PM

I have spectacular luck with the ENF-5D, 280xl , 3 MPL, 1xLB 10x, 4x ammo, DBL heat, Endo, Full armor -1 in each leg, 4 jjs. Run with the heavies, stay in the back play of them, med distance and conservative, You will rack about 520 damage and a kill a game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users