#121 JohnnyWayne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:29 AM

View PostTroutmonkey, on 12 November 2015 - 04:46 PM, said:

https://mwomercs.com...am-launch-party

Too soon methinks, still so much to do in terms of balancing, NPE , UI, bug fixing, optimizations

http://z0r.de/3446

Welp.

#122 Bergonix

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:53 AM

View PostTitannium, on 13 November 2015 - 07:20 AM, said:

with current voting system ? Pgi tell me, why do you wanna close the game till end of the year completely ?

Do you really think, the current voting system will cause anyone new to MWO not to play? PGI will reduce the amount of available maps to 2 or 3 and thats it.

What will be harder is the strong learning curve MWO has. The tutorial is helpful. But throwing new players together with experienced players will quickly mean death for them. I hope PGI does something like a newbie que.

#123 Tom Sawyer

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:55 AM

meh

#124 Speedy Plysitkos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:55 AM

View PostBergonix, on 13 November 2015 - 07:53 AM, said:

Do you really think, the current voting system will cause anyone new to MWO not to play? PGI will reduce the amount of available maps to 2 or 3 and thats it.

What will be harder is the strong learning curve MWO has. The tutorial is helpful. But throwing new players together with experienced players will quickly mean death for them. I hope PGI does something like a newbie que.

There is a thread where a guy created NEW account and reach T3 within 1, single, match.
T3 meets T1 leet noobs.

Do you think steam newbies, will stay at the game at least for a week with T1 expirience ?
Even for vets, T3 vs T1 is extremely unpleasant.

Edited by Titannium, 13 November 2015 - 07:58 AM.

#125 Kira Onime

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 2,486 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontréal, Québec.

Posted 13 November 2015 - 08:00 AM

View PostTitannium, on 13 November 2015 - 07:55 AM, said:

There is a thread where a guy created NEW account and reach T3 within 1, single, match.
T3 meets T1 leet noobs.

Do you think steam newbies, will stay at the game at least for a week with T1 expirience ?
Even for vets, T3 vs T1 is extremely unpleasant.

You need a very solid win to get T3 as a new player starting on T4.
There are other people that took 2+ games to even get T3.

#126 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 13 November 2015 - 08:02 AM

View PostKira Onime, on 13 November 2015 - 08:00 AM, said:

You need a very solid win to get T3 as a new player starting on T4.
There are other people that took 2+ games to even get T3.

heh, i like your irony....

Edited by Titannium, 13 November 2015 - 08:03 AM.

#127 Kira Onime

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 2,486 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 08:25 AM

View PostTitannium, on 13 November 2015 - 08:02 AM, said:

heh, i like your irony....

You're seeing irony were there isn't any.

#128 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 13 November 2015 - 08:30 AM

View PostKira Onime, on 13 November 2015 - 08:25 AM, said:

You're seeing irony were there isn't any.

No matter if the newbie will play 1 or 5 or 7 matches, they can reach T3 pretty quickly, and face T1 leets.

This alone (plus BUGS) will discourage them totaly for MWO.

#129 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 13 November 2015 - 08:33 AM

View PostFeetwet, on 12 November 2015 - 05:37 PM, said:

This smells like desperation.

On a side note, we will finally know the population numbers.

S

We'll only know the numbers for those using the Steam client. For those of us that did not install it through Steam... those numbers won't show up.

#130 Kira Onime

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 2,486 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 08:36 AM

View PostTitannium, on 13 November 2015 - 08:30 AM, said:

No matter if the newbie will play 1 or 5 or 7 matches, they can reach T3 pretty quickly, and face T1 leets.

A new player going up or down will be highly dependent on his team to carry him and even so, it took me a 700dmg 3k-8A game to get T3 in a single game.

You might get the odd player here and there going T3 right off the bat but I wouldn't count on it.

#131 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,930 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 13 November 2015 - 09:22 AM

I sure hope the Steam release brings PGI lots of success and cash so that this game keeps going for years to come.
MWO may have issues that we will all NEVER agree on, but so what? Those of us who play, play for a reason and I presume would like to continue doing so...no?

If the game flops on Steam I am guessing that PGI's support of the game ends shortly thereafter. So lets do our best to make sure that doesn't happen.

Welcome new players. Be nice. Give advice and encouragement. Lets watch our mouths in chat (this will be hard for me and many others I know). When critical of the game in a public forum, perhaps consider also mentioning the parts of the game you do like, etc.

I just think it is in our best interest to do the above and more if we want the game to continue and I for one really hope it continues.

#132 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 14 November 2015 - 04:04 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 13 November 2015 - 09:22 AM, said:

I sure hope the Steam release brings PGI lots of success and cash so that this game keeps going for years to come.
MWO may have issues that we will all NEVER agree on, but so what? Those of us who play, play for a reason and I presume would like to continue doing so...no?

If the game flops on Steam I am guessing that PGI's support of the game ends shortly thereafter. So lets do our best to make sure that doesn't happen.

Welcome new players. Be nice. Give advice and encouragement. Lets watch our mouths in chat (this will be hard for me and many others I know). When critical of the game in a public forum, perhaps consider also mentioning the parts of the game you do like, etc.

I just think it is in our best interest to do the above and more if we want the game to continue and I for one really hope it continues.

This is a big thing for Mechwarrior Online for sure, but not a make or break moment. It is a make it big possibly moment that once passed can only be done again by expensive advertising....

How ever alot of the trolls have lost their credibility and at this point the whole industry is in need of games doing excellent so its almost in everyones interest to not shoot down good games. Its a credibility thing to and not pushing the general player population to stop spending entirely. (Think thats not possible? Well it is, Fallout 4 is going to put tons of offline and online games out of business. Period. Very few if any will dodge that bullet entirely. The modding and DLC for that game have almost limitless potential.)

The timing for Mechwarriors release is great in that respect also. Although going up against the likes of the recent huge title that was released isnt so great. Over all its good timing though for a number of reasons.

Regardless, a little drama in matches and on the forums isnt a bad thing for entertainment value. :)

I just hope they get in gear and start adding alot of missing features because there are some strong games out there I dont even want to mention on these forums because they are so good and have such potential. Mechwarrior has that also but its anyones guess if they will capitalize on that or not.

Edited by Johnny Z, 14 November 2015 - 04:17 AM.

#133 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 16 November 2015 - 07:01 AM

You wanna bet you see a increase of:
  • Selfish play.
  • Reports of teamkilling.
  • Trolls who just do their thing.
  • People who dont know anything about BattleTech or Mechwarrior.
  • Terribad builds because of the imbalance of weapon values.
  • Even more 'flawed' tiers.
  • The typical tryhard who does anything for their win.
  • C.W. and events exploiters.
  • Trash-talking
  • More ROFL stomps in the solo que.
I hope i am wrong. But within a year i see this happening.

And last not forgotten: Even more fading away of the 'oldbies' Community.

Expanding the Credits graveyard of Founders.

Edited by Sarlic, 16 November 2015 - 07:06 AM.

#134 Balder Shadow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 112 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 16 November 2015 - 07:41 AM

Farewell and adieu to you, Spanish Ladies
Farewell and adieu to you, ladies of Spain;

[Cue Jaws theme......]

I for one look forward to the bloodletting we are about to receive......

#135 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 10:41 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 13 November 2015 - 09:22 AM, said:

I gave PGI my unqualified support as a Founder. They taught me not to do that again. It's up to PGI to make it work and I'm not taking any blame for their feeding noobs into the grinder;

Don't blame the players for being players and crushing them. That will fall on PGIs shoulders as they have known that the NPE sucks for a long time now.

#136 ColourfulConfetti

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 430 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 06:26 AM

Oh my god, Lyoto's titanic gif is the best thing in this thread.

#137 Varvar86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 441 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 19 November 2015 - 07:16 AM

Russ lives in his own private world called "twitter/facebook" filled with pink unicorns and smiling people - no bad comments and replies allowed - game is perfect, all is done correct and Russ is the best game developer in the world... at least in his own world.
Steam release will be a spectacular catastrophe. Either this ship will sink completely, or force PGI to START ACTUALLY DEWELOPING THE GAME. Want to see Russ face when his perfect world will collapse...
Posted Image

#138 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 07:48 AM

View PostInkarnus, on 12 November 2015 - 04:56 PM, said:

dat joke is on you
remember when they gone open beta to rake in the cash even thou 90% of the CB people said a big NO.
So hussah to a minimal viable product. Steamuserbase will rip it to shreds. GG close in my eyes.

The TT/BT NeckBeard Haters of old already tried that, and persist to this day actually. Yet, MWO is still here. Can't really see why Steam Users input would/could do any worse than the TT/BT NeckBreads attempt. At least they knew the TT/BT background. Steamers, not so much. ;)

Sadly, this Launch will just provide the TT/BT NeckBeard Haters of old to have another go though. Gamers these days are just such Hateful ********...

#139 Solahma

• Fury
  • Fury
  • 1,364 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNerv HQ, Tokyo-3

Posted 19 November 2015 - 07:57 AM

View PostTitannium, on 13 November 2015 - 07:20 AM, said:

with current voting system ? Pgi tell me, why do you wanna close the game till end of the year completely ?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

no

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users