8 replies to this topic

#1 Sickening Spying Scheming Eunuch

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 48 posts
  • LocationGolden Skulls

Posted 16 November 2015 - 05:58 PM

After buffing SRMs overall as a weapon, giving it lesser spread of missiles, Hugin for sure will be needing some nerfs to his cooldowns (less spread = more damage to desired part). However, I feel need to point out that Hugin is a LIGHT mech, which means it runs 140km/h +, mostly around another moving mech, trying to hit desired hitbox of it's enemy. Also, while shooting your visibility is largely obscured by explosions and flashing rockets, which are pretty close to your cockpit window. That means, regardless of SRM spread, being accurate as Hugin is a challenge.

Nerfing Hugin's cooldown for this moment is too high, from 50% to 30% is almost halving his rate of speed and while giving it a bit more armor is good, it won't be enough to stop your enemy from splatting you after a few shots. Nerfing Hugins cooldown to 40% would be a good solution. The only way for Hugin to utilize from SRM weaponry buffs is to stand in place and doing that as a light mech is only going to kill you.

Also, while my first point might be debatable, nerfing Hugin's ballistic range is a **** move, which makes no sense. The only weapon Hugin is able to fit, with it's puny 35 ton weight are machine guns, which always were and still are literally useless. Unlike other weapons, machine guns have to met too many requirements to do anything charmful to your enemy.

To scratch your enemy with machine guns, you need to shoot at his damaged part without armor (requirement 1), from ridiculously close range (2), hoping your enemy have stocked ammo the part you are shooting at (3). You will also need to use at least 4 machine guns, unless you plan to stand there for 20 seconds after you do any damage.

Nerfing machine gun range of Hugin would be a legit idea only in case of reworking the weapon, which from what I know you are not planning to do, therefore higher range of those need to be added back to the game, or else Hugin's are going to just stop using machine guns entirely. Also, the change doesn't match the missile range buff Hugin get in PTS4, which suggest you to keep further away from your enemy, making your machine gun's useless.

Reassuming:
  • Hugin needs SRM cooldown nerf, but the nerf you propose is too huge, give it +15% SRM4 cooldown instead of +5%
  • Hugin needs it's machine gun bonus range back, without it people won't even bother using this weapon, because it's requirements to be even remotely usefull are unrealistic.

Edited by KruczekIIV, 16 November 2015 - 05:58 PM.

#2 Weeny Machine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,010 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 18 November 2015 - 10:53 AM

I tried the Huginn in several matches. Here's some feedback to it:

Sidenote: A Huginn is basically a brawler and no sniper nor a particular good harasser. Therefore all things I mentioned is from a brawling point of view

1. Piloting
It lost its agility and feels "spongy" when you try to circle an enemy mech. Which is very bad for a brawler mech

2. Firepower
The 25% firepower nerf is simply too much. Before the mech had no big alpha, all it had was DPS. On the PTS the mech has not even DPS anymore, it is literally toothless. In one match the enemy team ignored my Huginn (nearly) completely while I ran between them...and I hardly broke 170!!! damage despite my finger was basically pressed on the fire button whenever the missiles had reloaded.

The 2 SRM4 cannot even build-up enough heat in Tourmaline to make you worried anytime about heat build-up. That may sound good but it actually shows how ridiulous low the DPS is.

If you want to keep that mech in that state, please be at least fair enough to offer a refund because no one will never ever play it again.

#3 suit1337

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 05:03 PM

i agree with both of you - i currently changed my huginn to 2x SRM6 with Artemis and 4 MGs because the SRM4 was pretty useless

the mech pops like a can and way faster than the 3L - it does not damage at all due to lag and spread of the missiles, even if you hit a few salvos - i barely to over 100 dmg in a match at the moment.

the cooldown is way to high - it is practically impossible to overheat with this mech. you basically need to stand in a flamer or in a lava pool to overheat

the mech is indeed pretty useless in its current state

#4 Ariana Rifkin

• PipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 04:14 PM

I just got back on and noticed this. Huginn is useless right now. The nerf is so massive, it takes a long time for my SRM's to cooldown even with Tier 5 SRM cooldown modules. I'll be one to admit it was pretty overpowered pre-nerf, but this is a bit too much. I agree 40% sounds more appropriate, considering the SRM 4's are the only useful thing you can put on the mech.

#5 nehebkau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 10 December 2015 - 02:57 PM

Considering this is a mech I paid real money for -- the missile nerf was a little high. If you can'g do the 40% like the op suggested you might consider bumping heat and spread. As for the MGs, they are a useless weapon (I only used when overheating and at close range) so your nerf, just like the buff, really had no affect.

But I concur -- for a highly situational light mec that required you to stare down the barrel of an opponent it really is useless now. Every role that it could fill, one of the other variants fills better.

#6 Sirloplop

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 02:36 AM

Now that It's nerfed It's no longer a glass cannon. It's more of a glass pee-shooter. Even with the srm cooldown 5 module it still doesn't do enough dps. And what really sucks is I bought it a week or more before the patch... Hopefully it'll be buffed up to 40%, atleast then it won't be wasting a mech bay.

#7 Far Reach

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 135 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 07:13 AM

Well lets see...
My Huginn had both the range and cool-down modules for the SRM 4 maxed and the chassis skills fully mastered.
I used to do OK, still died lots. Laser boats still outperformed me consistently.

Log in after the patch to discover PGI doesn't enjoy me spending 50$ on their game, what with the Nerf to the only chassis I sank time into.
Seriously, what happened to my missile cool-down quirk? You really think a small range boost is an acceptable switch?

Now using an ineffective SRM 4 / LRM 5 build.
Huginn is, in effect, neutered.

#8 CuriousCabbitBlue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 228 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 07:25 AM

I made mine a lrm boat with machine guns xD lol or just go srm 6

might try a ac/ 2 support fire build for the lolz

#9 Kem

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 08:14 PM

Raven Here can't do damage right now. It needs better missile cooldown quirk.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users