• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 06:32 PM

Upcoming Patch - Tuesday, November 17th @ 10AM – 1PM PDT
Patch Number: 1.4.35.0
Patch Size: 27 MB

Greetings MechWarriors,

Since the release of the Map and Game Mode voting system in the November 3rd patch we have been watching the feedback and tracking the selection metrics very closely. In this patch we are introducing a vote weighting system to help even out the selection rates for Maps and Game Modes, but be assured that we plan to continue refining and tweaking the voting system with future updates.

This patch features adjustments to C-Bill Match Rewards, with reward increases for almost all in-game actions to help boost your coffers.

Along with a handful of fixes and changes, MechWarrior Academy is receiving two brand new Challenges in this patch, bringing us ever closer to more complex AI 'Mech behavior.

This patch also sees the introduction of four new Champion 'Mechs, along with a revision to the stock of available Trial 'Mechs.

Rounding out the patch we have hitbox adjustments and refinements for nine 'Mechs, fixes for two long-standing issues with War Horns and mouse cursor delimitation, improvements and changes to the main menu's and user interface, a fix for the loss of saved VoIP settings between client sessions, and much more.

Read on for all the details, and we'll see you on the battlefield!

- The MechWarrior Team

Change Log

New Champion 'Mechs

• King Crab KGC-000b [C]
• Arctic Cheetah ACH-Prime [C]
• Stormcrow SCR-Prime [C]
• Dire Wolf DWF-W [C]

Loadout details for these new Champion 'Mechs can be found in a dedicated post here.

New Trial 'Mechs

The following 'Mechs now comprise the current stock of available Trial 'Mechs:

Inner Sphere Lights

• Raven RVN-3L [C]
• Jenner JR7-F [C]

Inner Sphere Mediums

• Hunchback HBK-4P [C]
• Enforcer ENF-4R [C]

Inner Sphere Heavies

• Thunderbolt TDR-9SE [C]
• Catapult CPLT-A1 [C]

Inner Sphere Assaults

• King Crab KGC-000B [C]
• Atlas AS7-RS [C]

Clan Lights

• Arctic Cheetah ACH-Prime [C]
• Adder ADR-Prime

Clan Mediums

• Stormcrow SCR-Prime [C]
• Shadow Cat SHC-Prime

Clan Heavies

• Timber Wolf TBR-C [C]
• Ebon Jaguar EBJ-C

Clan Assaults

• Dire Wolf DWF-W [C]
• Executioner EXE-D

C-Bill Reward Changes

The following adjustments have been made to C-Bill Rewards:

• UAV Kill – Increased to 1,500 C-Bills (from 0)
• Capture Win– Increased to 10,000 C-Bills (from 0)
• Capture Assist – Increased to 2,500 C-Bills (from 0)
• Killing Blow – Decreased to 3,000 (from 4,000)
• Kill Most Damage Dealt – Increased to 7,500 (from 5,000)
• Scouting – Increased to 3,000 (from 2,000)
• Flanking – Increased to 3,000 (from 1,500)
• Tag Stealth – Increased to 1,000 (from 150)
• Narc Kill – Increased to 10,000 (from 6,000)
• Protected Medium – Increased to 500 (from 100)
• Protected Light – Increased to 500 (from 100)
• Protected Proximity – Increased to 500 (from 100)
• Conquest Win: Increased to 10,000 C-Bills (from 0)
• Win: Increased to 35,000 (from 25,000)
• Loss: Increased to 25,000 (from 20,000)
• Component Destroyed: Increased to 4,000 (from 2,300)
• Savior Kill: Increased to 7,500 (from 4,500)
• Defensive Kill: Increased to 7,500 (from 4,500)
• Conquest Bonus: Increased to 75 (from 50)

Map and Game Mode Voting Screen Changes

We have introduced a weighting mechanism to the Map and Game Mode screen.

Each time a player votes for a Map or Game Mode that does not win, their vote weight for the next vote session goes up by one for that category (to a maximum of 12 votes for Map. and a maximum of 12 votes for Game Mode).

Example: Player A votes for Terra Therma and Conquest. Terra Therma and Conquest both lose the vote. Player A thus gains one additional Map vote and one additional Game Mode vote the next time they vote.
Example: Player A votes for River City and Conquest. River City wins the vote, but Conquest does not. Player A thus gains one additional Game Mode vote the next time they vote.

Each time the player votes for a Map or Game Mode that wins, their vote weight returns to 1 for that category.

Example: Player A has a Map vote weight of 4, and a Game Mode vote weight of 4. Player votes for Crimson Strait and Skirmish. Skirmish wins the vote, but Crimson Strait does not. Player A's Game Mode vote weight thus returns to 1, and their Map vote weight increases to 5.

If a player does not vote for a Map or Game Mode, their vote weight for that category remains the same.

For Groups, now only the Group Leader will be able to cast a vote. For all other players in the Group, the Map and Game Mode voting is disabled. However, the Map and Game Mode vote cast by the Group Leader will be visible to all other members of the Group. The respective Map and Mode vote weights for the Group Leader will also be visible to the other Group members.

Players can now rescind a vote by clicking on the respective Map or Game Mode for which they have voted.

Vote percentages are now based on the number of votes cast, rather than reflecting the total number of possible votes.

Example: If only one person has voted, the displayed percentage will be 100% rather than 4%.

New MechWarrior Academy Challenges

The Shooting Gallery

Destroy enemy 'Mechs as they traverse the battlefield at various ranges.
• Choose between four difficulty levels, and interactively set the damage threshold required to destroy a target.

Onslaught

Destroy waves of enemy 'Mechs as they advance upon your position.
• Choose between five difficulty levels, from 'Walking Dead' to 'Armageddon'.

MechWarrior Academy Fixes and Changes

Rapid Fire Challenge

Your highest completed round will be saved, so returning to the challenge later will pick up from that point.
The amounts of damage required between rounds has been changed.
Round summary now shows the last completed round.
Players can now select the starting round difficulty
Players can re-select the difficulty at the end of every round

MechWarrior Academy: Turrets now accurately report damage from lasers.
MechWarrior Academy: 'Mech efficiencies now apply inside the Academy.
MechWarrior Academy: Pilot Challenge I Achievements are now only awarded if the player is running a TDR-9S (a stock version has been added to the 'Mech Swapper).
MechWarrior Academy: Updated Field Manual to include all icons associated with a targeted 'Mech.
MechWarrior Academy: Heat no longer carries over between rounds in Rapid Fire, Onslaught, or the Shooting Gallery Challenges.

'Mech Fixes and Changes

Hitboxes have been adjusted for the following 'Mechs:

• Catapult
• Dragon
• Commando
• Hunchback
• Jenner
• Nova
• Quickdraw
• Raven
• Locust

King Crab can now equip the Phranken Pattern.

Other Fixes and Changes

• The End of Round screen will now default to the Player Stats screen.
• Forest Colony: Fixed a particle issue in the water.
• Camo Spec screen: Informative windows have been added explaining Unlockable and One-Shot Patterns.
• New icons have been added for Hero, Champion, and Special 'Mechs.
• Fixed an issue that could cause War Horns to not fire.
• Fixed a crash that could occur when you have a dead 'Mech targeted.
• Fixed an issue where VoIP settings would not be saved when restarting the client.
• Fixed an issue where the client could become unresponsive if the player closed the client with the X/Close button.
• Attempting to rejoin a match that has been terminated at the server-level will unlock the 'Mech for use after returning to MechLab.
• Fixed an issue where the mouse could stray outside the client window.
• The player will now be informed if they have any essential keys unbound before entering the Tutorial.
• The 'Faction' button is now the 'Faction Play' button.
• The 'Play Now' button is now the 'Quick Play' button.
• A 'Special' filter category has been added to the Select 'Mech screen.
• Informative one-time pop-ups have been added to the Looking for Group and Social buttons for new players.
• Community Warfare: Fixed an issue where 'Mech images could become enlarged and overlap each other in the DropShip window of the Scoreboard.
• Community Warfare: Custom 'Mech portraits now appear in the DropDeck window.

Known Issues

• The 'Current BattleMech' window will appear blank after returning from Testing Grounds. This is resolved after accessing the Select 'Mech screen.

#2 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 16 November 2015 - 06:44 PM

This looks like it should be a great patch. Thanks, PGI!

#3 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 06:50 PM

Looks Good, Cant Wait to see what the New HitBoxes look like, :)

#4 Dakkss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 185 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 06:53 PM

Not sure if the Arctic Cheater really needed a Champion mech. Shouldn't it be the really non-meta mechs getting Champion variants to diversify the battlefield? But I guess you gotta appeal to everyone's favourite OP mech because lol more money that way.

On the other hand, Onslaught mode sounds awesome. Will certainly be giving that a try.

#5 Prussian Havoc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 16 November 2015 - 06:54 PM

Excellent Academy Challenges!

While Steam gamers will still have an uphill battle to learn the game well enough to be competitive, all the work PGI has done (plans to do) with the Academy will give new players a fighting chance.

#6 Fractis Zero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 102 posts
  • LocationNorth Vancouver, Canada

Posted 16 November 2015 - 06:54 PM

Great changes!

Any chance you can throw those AI bots into CW ghost drops for the next patch?

Edited by Fractis Zero, 16 November 2015 - 06:55 PM.

#7 Desenova

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 60 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Posted 16 November 2015 - 06:56 PM

Great patch, except for one thing - why couldn't the claws be skulls on the King Krab Phraken pattern instead of just...well - claws? I was hoping for a hydra looking thing. :angry:

#8 Dirk Le Daring

• 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 November 2015 - 06:56 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 16 November 2015 - 06:32 PM, said:

• UAV Kill – Increased to 1,500 C-Bills (from 0)
• Capture Win– Increased to 10,000 C-Bills (from 0)
• Capture Assist – Increased to 2,500 C-Bills (from 0)
• Killing Blow – Decreased to 3,000 (from 4,000)
• Kill Most Damage Dealt – Increased to 7,500 (from 5,000)
• Scouting – Increased to 3,000 (from 2,000)
• Flanking – Increased to 3,000 (from 1,500)
• Tag Stealth – Increased to 1,000 (from 150)
• Narc Kill – Increased to 10,000 (from 6,000)
• Protected Medium – Increased to 500 (from 100)
• Protected Light – Increased to 500 (from 100)
• Protected Proximity – Increased to 500 (from 100)
• Conquest Win: Increased to 10,000 C-Bills (from 0)
• Win: Increased to 35,000 (from 25,000)
• Loss: Increased to 25,000 (from 20,000)
• Component Destroyed: Increased to 4,000 (from 2,300)
• Savior Kill: Increased to 7,500 (from 4,500)
• Defensive Kill: Increased to 7,500 (from 4,500)
• Conquest Bonus: Increased to 75 (from 50)

Nice to give incentives for the win condition, and good to see more cbill rewards too. Pretty good stuff PGI.

#9 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 06:57 PM

what do the new hitboxes on the changed mechs look like nao?

#10 ET Penang

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 84 posts
  • LocationPenang: near Char Koay Teow, Nasi Lemak & Chandoi stalls

Posted 16 November 2015 - 07:00 PM

"We have introduced a weighting mechanism to the Map and Game Mode screen."

Seem like a patch to please the minority voters in the game, but does not really address the core issue - Is there a way I can avoid playing the "mode" I don't really want? PGI?

#11 DoctorDetroit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 483 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 07:11 PM

Patch looks good.

Is mech academy onslaught going to be co-op?

Why lower rewards for kills?

Edited by DoctorDetroit, 17 November 2015 - 02:38 AM.

#12 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 16 November 2015 - 07:27 PM

Nice change log. Keep up the good work. The rewards make more sense now than I think they ever have.

#13 EmperorMyrf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 740 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 16 November 2015 - 07:35 PM

Patch looks great. And I guess it looks like we'll be getting more C-bills per match, only 1 decrease in that changelog.

Also, will XP rewards be altered to match the new C-bill rewards in the future?

Edited by EmperorMyrf, 16 November 2015 - 07:35 PM.

#14 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 16 November 2015 - 07:38 PM

While the reward boosts look great overall, I think that PGI will need to consider tripling the Assault Capture Win and Capture Assist rewards before people consider pushing for them. An Assault Capture Win should be worth at least as much as killing half of the enemy team . . . because (unless it's a base-swap or ninja-cap) you'll probably have at least that many alive when you have your solid opportunity to cap. Right now killing 6 mechs (and all associated earnings for those kills) far outweighs 12,500 c-bills. However, if engineers can later adjust the Salvage bonus to include all remaining salvage value from the unkilled mechs on an Assault Capture Win or Conquest Points Win . . . then I think those rewards would be quickly worth it.

I believe that moving some reward from "Killing Blow" to "Kill Most Damage Dealt" and increasing the later reward even further will pull some weight away from kill stealing and more into actively participating in the fight. I think it's a great move to make.

Also, while the Defensive Kill reward boost is great, it'll be a good thing when PGI can send some engineering time towards rewards (get those engineers and artists to fix flamers first, though, please . . . they've waited long enough), because right now you can only get that by fighting inside the little box of contention -that you own- which is bad (suicide for a light or medium taking on a heavy or assault). If the Defensive and Offensive Kill rewards could be expanded to fighting within 200-500m (whatever the "Brawling Bonus" range is) of said capture point, then we'd see it pop up more often and it wouldn't be quite so niche.

Every improvement to AI is a great step forward for MWO. PvE, Co-op, and AI enemies on "Ghost Drops" are all closer to happening. Now, if PGI happens to get some art assets from HBS for vehicles and infantry (things they'll be developing for their turn-based tactical game), then the alliance would go both ways and would be immensely beneficial to MWO. Hopefully we see these things happen in the nearer future.

EDIT: Oh, and while the hit box changes and adjustments are great . . . what were they, exactly? Normally there's a little snippet that says what happened. That would be really nice to see and greatly appreciated. For example: Mech X ST's increased in size and CT decreased in size or Mech X Shoulder region now considered part of the arms.

Now, my continued "Patch Notes List of Hopes for Future Patches":

-Of course my primary hopes/prayers/dreams are that y'all get to the Flamer Reengineering. Thanks for the answer in the September Town Hall on that, by the way. Maybe this will be coming with the huge balancing overhaul? Please? It's not too late to get that fix in there! To reiterate my compromise from the PTS Thread . . . you give me some direct acknowledgement that the fix is underway -before the end of the month- (just need to say it's being fixed . . . not have the fix by the end of the month), and I'll buy the Rifleman package +Hero in good faith. Lots of good things have happened with the Rebalance . . . why not the Flamer Fix?

-Speaking of the big Rebalance Overhaul: I look forward to the next PTS Phase later this week? Being able to dig our teeth into that and look forward to major gameplay improvements for MWO will be awesome. So far it seems to be coming along quite nicely. I just wish Info Warfare was going to be involved. At the very least . . . GET THAT ECM CORE MECHANIC CHANGE INTO LIVE! I know the rest of IW is going to be on hold (which is understandable . . . polish is always nice) . . . but no one with a firing brain cell of Battletech fandom was decrying that ECM core change. Make it happen, please!

-I hope to God you go back and redo some of the recent weapons visualizations (my poor, poor Commando . . .). There has been LOTS of feedback from the community on these, and it isn't pretty. Maybe start knocking them out in bits and pieces? Or maybe start concepting overhauls for all the early-gen mechs to use the kind and quality of weapon visualizations that new mechs have?

-The info from the October Town Hall on CW Phase 3 was appreciated. I look forward to that hopefully hitting as a patch before the end of the year, if not right after the turn of the year.

-Decal System was mostly done (according to Town Halls), but was put on hold for UI work on CW and Mechlab/mech-select. Maybe assets could be diverted to get this finished off, soon? I'm sure it would do a great deal to help monetization efforts by allowing more detailed customization features for mechs.

-About the only UI element that hasn't recieved major UI changes are cockpit items . . . so is there a timetable on what that will happen? I think I'd actually use my pile of won/preorder cockpit items more if the screen was more user friendly. It'd also probably encourage people to buy more, as well, if it received the same kind of overhaul as the rest of the UI.

-Lastly, what ever happened to the original Resistance titles/badges? We were told we were getting them, and then it never happened. Please don't make Tina a liar. You'd think it'd be such a little and easy thing to get done. In fact the big petition thread that was started over it already had versions that were ready for implementation in game, that had fixes to make them unique and identifiable.

As a closing note, please don't take these desires as bickering or complaints. They're merely notes for hopes/dreams/wishes to be included in future patches. Y'all at PGI have been doing great work, especially recently, and I hope it continues. However, think of the items listed above as key notes for huge morale boosters (especially my Flamer request . . . I really want to be able to go out there and incinerate things properly). Thank you all at PGI, sincerely, for the work that y'all do. On the other hand, if things on the list just don't get touched, then expect my wallet to stay closed more and more (and I don't want my wallet closed to MWO . . . I want to throw money at this game . . . but principles are principles).

Edited by Sereglach, 16 November 2015 - 07:41 PM.

#15 Night Thastus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 825 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 07:39 PM

Glad to see some c-bill increases, though I would've liked an AMS bonus as well. :P

Otherwise, very solid patch. Glad that warhorns are finally getting their dues.

#16 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 07:42 PM

It is positive there has been no flaming over the map selection yet, so anecdotal evidence points to this being a welcome change. I think it would have the potential to balance the map and game mode selection quite considerably and cannot wait to give it a try and see how it goes.

These reward changes.. ..players better be prepared for sneaky base rushes by players interested in those rewards.. ..makes capping at end of match more tempting over chasing last player.

I can see my c-bill rewards going through the roof though, not that I am complaining or anything what with the existing 75 million I have collecting dust...

..that said, the narc and uav bonuses are great additions, as are the improved light and flanking rewards really like this. Can't complain about good changes :)

Edited by White Bear 84, 16 November 2015 - 07:43 PM.

#17 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 16 November 2015 - 07:49 PM

Nice reward increase. Thanks.

BUT!!!

Narc kill reward means nothing!... you can increase it to a million or 100 million cbills... it gets nulified the moment a fast light gets the final blow with a puny small laser... neglecting the fact the that ecm target was under LRM rain for the past minute and 99% of the damage was done by Lurms, ONLY and ONLY because of the guy with narcs....

so please!.... give a reward to the narc user if the most damage to a target was done by lurms, while marked by narc....
give'em somthing...
even a pop-up window with a troll face saying good job, here's nothing! would be better what we have now!

Edited by Navid A1, 16 November 2015 - 08:00 PM.

#18 Aurihalcon

• PipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 24 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 16 November 2015 - 07:56 PM

Looks real good to me!

Say uh, when can we see the whole aesthetic update (where different weapons are visible depending on what's equipped) for stalkers? I love me my stalkers...

#19 xlrdallas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 100 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 08:10 PM

crap, get rid of the vote, im done with sheep warrior online, 1 mode, the only time a cold map is not the choice, is when there is no cold map choice, - this game is just like russ a joke

#20 corpse256

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 164 posts
  • LocationNebraska, USA

Posted 16 November 2015 - 08:12 PM

I think this might work I'll give it a shot tomorrow when the patch goes live thanks russ for listening!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users