Give Ach Back Its Structure Leg Quirks

29 replies to this topic

#1 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 09:13 AM

Please give the structure buffs back to the Cheeto, it was the only thing making it as good as a Firestarter/Wolfhound. Now that it has no structure boost, the Firestarter and Wolfhound will be supreme, unless you want ecm.

It needs a little structure boost to compete with 35 ton lights, which outclass it in armor and structure, and the Wolfhound further outclasses it with its structure buffs.

At the very least give its torso's/arms a boost to structure, because if its easy to leg and destroy, it shouldent be so easy to disarm like it is now.

I play both clan and IS, and I am not partial to either. Please dont nerf the ACH again, you already nerfed it after it came out, it doesnt need to be made obsolete.

Edited by Alwrath, 17 November 2015 - 09:15 AM.

#2 toastybacon

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 10:53 AM

But now the mech has a trade off. If you want the best ECM 30 tonner, you have to deal with weaker legs. If you don't need ECM simply use a Firestarter.

For those that argue you can't bring a Firestarter in CW, the 35 tonner Jenner IIC is coming out soon.

A 30 tonner shouldn't need to be equal to 35 tonners.

Also don't forget the huge advantage of the Clan XL suitability the IS 35 tonners don't get.

The Cheetah will never be obsolete as it will remain the best ECM light mech for the Clans.

Edited by toastybacon, 17 November 2015 - 10:55 AM.

#3 Josef Koba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 527 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:28 AM

View PostAlwrath, on 17 November 2015 - 09:13 AM, said:

Now that it has no structure boost, the Firestarter and Wolfhound will be supreme, unless you want ecm.

I have to agree with toastybacon on this one. It's a trade off. I used to run the Firestarter a lot and it's really the only light mech I've ever had any success with, but in today's environment I would take in an ACH over a Firestarter solely because it has ECM (which I hardly ever bring in unless I'm running an Atlas). I still find it to be pretty survivable, and often see it as the last mech in the match. I consider the ECM to be worth the loss of it's leg structure, and I don't see it becoming obsolete/inferior to the Firestarter or Wolfhound.

#4 Leopardo

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:33 PM

USE FS ?? WTF IF IM PLAYN CLAMS!!!!!!!! THE HEAT SINKS R AWEFULL AND NO STRUCTURE QUIRKS ON LEGS IS A TRASH WITH THAT SPEED!!!!!!! OMFG!!!!! plz up sinks and bring back structure!!!!! cant even play like this! but FS is a king now!!!! and hound!!!!
PGI stop destroyng good mech only bcoz noobs r whining about it OP....its not true - with all changes you done on test - cheetah becom trash. take cheetah if i want ecm? really? ill take BRINGER! or SPIDER for that stuff!!!!! oh wait ecm is NERFED TO DEAD....so ill dont take CHEETAH coz u kill it!

Edited by Leopardo, 17 November 2015 - 11:53 PM.

#5 tangles 253

• PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 12:07 AM

i would disagree, the little buggers are as thick as flies and hard to kill.

I've seen many a large alpha delivered on point to the cheetah, fire starter and spider only for them to turn around, laugh and run off. I've seen cheetah's take enough hits to drop most heavy's and still live on.

when i pilot mine its unreal how much fire you can take/dodge compared to my other lights and heavier mechs.

they are a light mech, not meant to be bullet proof

#6 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 November 2015 - 12:44 AM

View Posttangles 253, on 18 November 2015 - 12:07 AM, said:

I've seen cheetah's take enough hits to drop most heavy's and still live on.

they are a light mech, not meant to be bullet proof

Ah, but the Cheetah's aren't taking the hits, they're dodging them. You see them take some damage, but most of the damage you put in their direction misses the mech entirely because it's a small and nimble target.

It's like saying that an ordinary gnat or any small flying insect is bullet proof. It's certainly not bullet proof, but you'll surely be able to kill a radroach with a gun long before you managed to kill the ordinary gnat or house fly because the radroach is slower, larger and thus easier to hit.

#7 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 18 November 2015 - 12:52 AM

I seriously can't believe anyone is suggesting a buff to the Cheetah.

Get a grip... It has a crapton of hardpoints. It survives with a side torso gone. It still does meaningful damage even when it has no arms. It has ECfreakingM.

It's my go-to Mech whenever I need a Light that can literally change a match. In CW, the IS has no Streakboat which can bring it down quickly (as a Streakcrow or Maddog can do to a Firestarter). In fact, if you're on an IS team trying to defend Omega against a coordinated incoming wave of 12 of them, say goodbye to Omega regardless of how far you were ahead in kills and on the clock.

Arctic Cheetah is the single best Mech in the game at this time. If you can't do well in an Arctic Cheetah, you can't play MechWarrior Online.

Edited by Appogee, 18 November 2015 - 12:57 AM.

#8 Leopardo

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 01:04 AM

you all see it at LIVE SERVER ! have you playd cheetah on PTS? it cant fire as it was - coz its TOO HOT!
cant run fast! cant hide under ecm! no structure buff as all mech have!
you all not playn it on PTS!!!!!!! all you sayn is tru only for LIVE server!!!!!! bugged hit boxes - thats all!!!!!!! noo need to nerf it to DEAD!!!!
now on PTS CHEETAH is not good(
im not suggest to BUFF i want back +10 structure and heat sinks!

sorry for caps

Edited by Leopardo, 19 November 2015 - 03:07 AM.

#9 tangles 253

• PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 02:01 AM

View PostTarogato, on 18 November 2015 - 12:44 AM, said:

Ah, but the Cheetah's aren't taking the hits, they're dodging them. You see them take some damage, but most of the damage you put in their direction misses the mech entirely because it's a small and nimble target.

It's like saying that an ordinary gnat or any small flying insect is bullet proof. It's certainly not bullet proof, but you'll surely be able to kill a radroach with a gun long before you managed to kill the ordinary gnat or house fly because the radroach is slower, larger and thus easier to hit.

granted, but when the gnat is still and you give it the berries, it still runs away. you hold a steady laser alpha on a cheetah and watch it run off, paper doll only momentarily blinking. it is, after all a 30 tonn mech.

#10 SgtKinCaiD

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationBordeaux

Posted 19 November 2015 - 02:31 AM

@OP : just LOL

Do yourself a favor and run this little test :
  • take a ACH, find the ennemy blob, run through it
  • now do the same with a FS9 or a JR7.
Which light is going to survive with orange armor ?
The ACH has broken hitboxes like the SDR but it has also a good firepower and an ECM. And yet you want more cheese ... ?
You can facetank nearly every heavies and assaults in the game with it. You can do a lot of mistakes and still stay alive.
Do you really think you can do that in a FS9 or WLF ??? No because you would be already dead.

#11 Kaptain

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 19 November 2015 - 02:38 AM

View PostLeopardo, on 18 November 2015 - 01:04 AM, said:

YOU ALL SEE IT AT LIVE SERVER ! HAVE YOU PLAY IT ON PTS? CHEETAH CANT FIRE LIKE IT WAS - COZ ITS TOO HOT!
CANT RUN FAST! CANT HIDE IN ECM! LEGS BROKE FAST!
you all not playn it on PTS!!!!!!! all you sayn is tru only for LIVE server!!!!!! bugged hit boxes - thats all!!!!!!! noo need to nerf it to DEAD!!!!
now on PTS CHEETAH is not good(
im not suggest to BUFF i want back +10 structure and heat sinks!

Caps lock and exclamation point spam = no one taking you seriously.

#12 Leopardo

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 03:09 AM

View PostSgtKinCaiD, on 19 November 2015 - 02:31 AM, said:

@OP : just LOL

Do yourself a favor and run this little test :
  • take a ACH, find the ennemy blob, run through it
  • now do the same with a FS9 or a JR7.
Which light is going to survive with orange armor ?

The ACH has broken hitboxes like the SDR but it has also a good firepower and an ECM. And yet you want more cheese ... ?
You can facetank nearly every heavies and assaults in the game with it. You can do a lot of mistakes and still stay alive.
Do you really think you can do that in a FS9 or WLF ??? No because you would be already dead.

broken hitboxes as spider has! spiders r dead too. also i can run on FS! but on PTS you cant even show your face to enemie - go try it. use cheetah on pts.

Caps lock and exclamation point spam = no one taking you seriously.

soory for caps

Edited by Leopardo, 19 November 2015 - 03:10 AM.

#13 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 03:42 AM

The mech tanks more damage than entire heavy and/or assault lances.

It's faster to 2 leg fully armored Atlases than to take one leg of a current ACH.

Why exactly does it need to be a 30 ton assault+?

#14 SgtKinCaiD

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationBordeaux

Posted 19 November 2015 - 04:05 AM

View PostLeopardo, on 19 November 2015 - 03:09 AM, said:

broken hitboxes as spider has! spiders r dead too. also i can run on FS! but on PTS you cant even show your face to enemie - go try it. use cheetah on pts.

You don't see a lot of SDR now because of their limited hardpoints : it's a nuisance not a threat.

#15 Leopardo

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 04:20 AM

you dont see spiders yeah and if you nerf cheetah you dont see it too - everybody wants just 1 - to not learn new! new is - dangerous light - not a trash can! so go ahead kill the normal mech (cheetah) take away all - structure (every mech have a buff), sensors (yeah less then a FS) , heat MGMT, ecm (god its no need at all now) and speed! okay what you whant to do more with it? NOTHING coz there only hard points is.....and like a spider yeah even with that buff spiders is wasted - so plz dont kill 1 good clan light !!!!!

all you who whining about cheetah OP on PTS - go there and play !!!!!

Edited by Leopardo, 19 November 2015 - 04:26 AM.

#16 SgtKinCaiD

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationBordeaux

Posted 19 November 2015 - 05:29 AM

Seriously, even without the leg structure quirks, the ACH will still be one of the best lights in the game, if not the best one.

Edited by SgtKinCaiD, 19 November 2015 - 05:33 AM.

#17 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 12:13 PM

Regardless of the overall nerf, I find it funny how it was such a simple deletion, giving nothing in return.

Turning ACH-A from best legs to worst legs.... -_- :rolleyes:

#18 Darian DelFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 November 2015 - 12:15 PM

My Jenner HIGHLY disagrees with the OP. YOu want nerfed, look at my Side Torso's

#19 Carchemish

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 01:09 PM

View PostLeopardo, on 17 November 2015 - 11:33 PM, said:

ill take BRINGER! or SPIDER for that stuff!!!!! oh wait ecm is NERFED TO DEAD....so ill dont take CHEETAH coz u kill it!

You'll take a Spider over a Cheetah with the PTS changes? You are out of your mind. There is no comparison between these two mechs. A Cheetah will ruin a Spider every time. Please stop comparing apples to oranges.

#20 Blood Skar

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 06:07 PM

View PostCarchemish, on 20 November 2015 - 01:09 PM, said:

You'll take a Spider over a Cheetah with the PTS changes? You are out of your mind. There is no comparison between these two mechs. A Cheetah will ruin a Spider every time. Please stop comparing apples to oranges.

Your right about the spider vs cheetah.
However, overall the IS lights are more broken than the clan lights.
In fact the cheetah is the only 'broken' clan light and its just been nerfed legwise.
Time to fix those overquirked IS lights now.

Edited by Blood Skar, 20 November 2015 - 06:28 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users