5J Is The Worst Varient And Needs Quirks That Reflect That.

No replies to this topic

#1 XX Sulla XX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 12:36 PM

Out of all of the varients the 5J is the worse. It needs better quirks to reflect its position as the worst varient. The large engine cap is just not important.

Here is what I wrote on another thread related to large engine caps and why they are not important.

-------

One thing I have noticed is to much weight being given to a mech that has a large engine cap. For example the Grasshopper GHR-5J is the worst Grasshopper but does not get quirks to reflect that becouse of the large engine cap. This has to be because PGI over values the large engine cap.

Let me explain why bigger engines have very very little value. For any given mech there is an optimal engine range. When you get above this range you are wasting tonnage on your engine. So large engine caps have really only a fun value not really a battle value.

Because of getting this wrong the GHR-5H has better quirks than the GHR-5J and the both of these mechs should get about the same quirks but the the GHR-5J getting a bit better quirks.

Some one at PGI really should go read the guides at Metamechs. He gets it. "
GHR-5J

Pretty much a ******** version of the other variants – its only real advantage is that it gets a higher engine cap, but in the end it doesn’t even matter." http://metamechs.com...es/grasshopper/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users