4 replies to this topic

#1 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:55 PM

Locusts are now mostly worthless without their agility!

LCT-1E - now terrible
This has been the mainstay of the Locust family because it has the most hardpoints. It has been nerfed into the ground by the changes to the skill tree to the point where this variant is not viable, not fun to play, and can't be a Locust. It needs much stronger decel and accel quirks for it to remain playable (25% and 50% are not enough) - without them it is worthless to me as both a SPL boat and a ML boat because it simply can't change direction fast enough to dodge enemy fire.

LCT-3S - worse than before
As far as heat management, this seems to perform identically to the live server, despite the nerfs to the skill tree. I can't explain it. But, this variant is now also hindered by the mobility nerfs from the skill tree and is therefore nowhere near as viable or even enjoyable to play. It needs stronger decel and accel quirks and better missile heat gen quirks would make it decent. With the current quirk set, it is overshadowed by the LCT-1E and LCT-3M because the missiles are just way too hot, ammo-starved, and inaccurate to compete. Please do something to allow this variant to compete with the others.

LCT-3M - terrible
With fewer hardpoints and a weaker heat gen quirk than the -1E, it's always going to be second place. It has the energy cooldown quirk, but all that does it make it run hotter. Now with the nerf to the skill tree, this mech does not have the mobility to duck in and out of cover or dance around larger mechs to evade enemy fire. It's just trash again and it really needs accel + decel quirks to remain even remotely viable. It also needs something to differentiate it further from the -1E. I would suggest a better laser duration quirk (20% or more would be nice)

LCT-1M - bad
This variant is hardpoint starved and has no redeeming features. It's ammo dependent, hot, has a weak alpha, and lacks the mobility it once had. It needs a lot more.

LCT-1V - good, thank you!
This variant is also hardpoint starved and needed something crazy to make it worth playing. 50% energy cooldown and laser duration? That works. I'm not even convinced that this variant needs the mobility to compete with the others, it's fun to play.

LCT-3V - bad
The mobility quirks are not enough to make up for the losses from the skill tree. It's not agile enough, it doesn't have good weapon quirks compared to the 1V, and it doesn't have good hardpoints. This variant needs more.

LCT-PB - bad
Got nerfed into the ground by the skill tree mobility changes. This mech is no longer fun to play. Needs better mobility quirks.

Edited by Tarogato, 17 November 2015 - 11:59 PM.

#2 Sagueah

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 07:14 PM

I do agree, since I bought the overlord package, I was very interested in the locust. I most recently purchased the pirate's bane, and I do think the ECM on the locust makes a hell of a difference. I am positive in my win ratio AND kill ratio with the PB. But still....I find it rather lacking comparing to certain light (i.e. artic cheetah). I don't think the locust deserve more dps. But I do think it deserve thinner hitboxes or more mobility. Especially when you loose 40% of your acc. on a little bump that makes you hover into the air....you get VAPORIZED by litteraly any AC.

#3 Ionna Silver

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 10:40 PM

More than anything, I'd just rather they all get some more structure ala -3V. Arm armor wont really do much, considering how small those arms are, no one even needs to target them.

Edited by Ionna Silver, 28 November 2015 - 10:41 PM.

#4 Empee

Rookie

• The Angel
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 08:28 AM

I agree too.
Got a LCT-PB, mobility skills maxxed (except some torso and arm pitch nodes) and it performs much much worse than before.
Accel/Deccel feels like a Rifleman's, 'mech turning speed is much worse. If this is not solved, the locust will be a much easier target. Please look into this.

#5 Adamant80

• PipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 58 posts
  • LocationI'm not sure...

Posted 05 March 2017 - 12:16 PM

I agree with you. It seems the locust got a flat nerf mobility wise. Weapons seem OK but mobility is what made the locust viable in the first place.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users