Founders Mech: Appreciation Thread

30 replies to this topic

#1 Sept Wolfke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 263 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:15 AM

It seems there was a period where the founders mechs were slated to be gimped variants of their respective mech types, but this period has passed, and I've read in multiple places where the devs have confirmed that founders mechs will instead be prime variants of their respective mech types and will initiate development of their mech type's development tree upon receipt, just as if we'd bought the battlemech with C-Bills - something that seems like it was not going to do in the era of the gimped founders mechs. in this gimped era, founders mechs were said to have less hardpoints than the standard battlemech which could be purchased with C-Bills in-game. Now, founders mechs are essentially the same as if we'd purchased the battlemech with C-Bills in-game from what I've read. full hardpoints, plugs into the mech development tree; not gimped at all.

So this thread is an opportunity to sound off and say thank you to the devs for doing us a solid by making our founders mechs into real assets that make us say 'I'm glad I did this, this mech is a gift that keeps on giving with it's extra +25% C-Bill production quality."

It sucks to do something for the community and have no one say thanks, and I think that the devs taking care of the membership base in the future comes from threads like this, where they at least get a simple thank you for changing things to make our toys more awesome.

may there be more awesome toys to come.

#2 Manthony Higgs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 414 posts
  • LocationMount Vernon, Washington, USA

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:20 AM

A C-Bill farming Atlas is exactly what I needed, and I truly appreciate the devs for giving me a reason to recklessly waddle into the fray.

Plus he looks like he's wearing a monocle! :D

#3 Mezzanine

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:23 AM

Absolutely, let's pass the ol' gratitude upwards. Also, please take this as a reason to give us a MW:O Haberdashery.

#4 WardenWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:26 AM

Thank you, thank you, thank you, and thank you, Devs! [four times for my four mechs :D]

#5 Atayu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 815 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:55 AM

Well from the variants I have seem listed for each of the founders mechs. It seems to me that they picked the weakest of all the variants of each model being used and that is the one that got picked to be the founders mechs. I wish they would just make it the first variant of that model you piked was your founders version So we could get mechs we will actually enjoy play as our founders mechs instead of ones that are so so to play. I hope I am wrong about that but I do not think I am.

#6 Der Zivilist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:10 AM

I would upgrade to Elite and grab a Founder's Mech of my own, but I don't know which one.

I have my $30 right here, PGI! Lemme playtest and you can have it, hint hint! :D

#7 Stray Ion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:25 AM

Thank you Devs, I know my trust in you is not misplaced.

I am not sure of the other founders, but I plan to spend as much time playing MWO as I can to make use of these wonderfull founders mechs.

#8 Viper69

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,204 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:28 AM

Thank you, but also we who are supporting it in advance should be thanked too :D

Edited by Viper69, 10 July 2012 - 11:29 AM.

#9 Outlaw10449

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:30 AM

Thank you PG

#10 McScwizzy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:30 AM

Thank you! Now give me my key Paul! :D

#11 Kyros von Richthofen

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 37 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:35 AM

View PostAtayu, on 10 July 2012 - 10:55 AM, said:

Well from the variants I have seem listed for each of the founders mechs. It seems to me that they picked the weakest of all the variants of each model being used and that is the one that got picked to be the founders mechs. I wish they would just make it the first variant of that model you piked was your founders version So we could get mechs we will actually enjoy play as our founders mechs instead of ones that are so so to play. I hope I am wrong about that but I do not think I am.

Personally, I wish we could just choose what we wanted our founder's 'Mech(s) to be. For example, if the Zeus makes it in, that would definitely be one of my four. I'd also probably go with a Centurion.

#12 Fearful

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationXanadu

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:37 AM

I <3 devs

#13 NWHHarrier

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 352 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:40 AM

¡Muchas gracias!

#14 Tsula

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 516 posts
  • LocationNew Alavon

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:41 AM

My Jenner with more cash love it thank you

#15 Steadfast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 767 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:42 AM

couldnt decide.

#16 OkiDoki

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 12 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:48 AM

mm... I just wonder.. only a few replies on this toppic for saying thank you to the defs for the great founder mechs, (THANK YOU!!) but alot for the toppics where there is something to complaint about.. like why am I still pending for beta?? let us all say thanks to the defs for making it possible to fight each other with mechs for free! just a bit more time and we all can play this game.. I have to wait even a bit longer becouse I will be on holliday the first two weeks of august..

#17 costi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:01 PM

Thank you!

BTW. the more I look at the Founder Catapult, the more I like the way it looks (in the beginning I was all for the flat nose version, now I'm not so sure anymore :D )

#18 captn rentoshi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationTukayyid pass

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:08 PM

Posted ImageThank you!

#19 roguetrdr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 286 posts
  • LocationSydney Australia

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:24 PM

I would just like to thank the devs for being so passionate about this game. I have been getting fed up recently with big game developers that roll out a game the masses have been waiting for and it's geared only to make cash, and the devs seem to care not a whit about what the fans think of it.
What I've seen so far from how the devs interact with players on these forums is generally positive (disregarding the times they have to smack naughty children) and IMO it's made these some of the best forums for any game released in the last couple of years.

#20 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:25 PM

Founder Mechs are NO DIFFERENT than regular Mechs. No better. No worse. What you're getting isn't a variant difference, but an extra garage slot for each one, on top of a unique skin, and a permanent boost attached to the Mechs. The Mech is exactly the same as the freebie version, but you got a permanent extra slot to put it in, an exclusive skin, and an exclusive boost. That is where your value is going. Us Legendaries will have a 12 slot garage for Mechs while Elites can only get 9 and regulars get 8. :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users