- - - - -

Question About Upcoming Tukkayid And Cw In General...

12 replies to this topic

#1 CockneyNinja

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 27 posts
  • LocationCockney Area, London

Posted 03 December 2015 - 03:26 AM

Not quite a new player anymore, but I couldn't think of a better place to ask this question.

I've just signed up for a 28-days contract with House Marik without knowing there will be a major CW based event. -_-;;
In the upcoming Tukkayid Event, will we have a chance to change faction prior to the event?
That is, will our existing contract be voided without penalty?

In general terms of CW, what happened to Thunderbolts? I've used them a few times since the rebalancing patch and it just don't have the same carrying power anymore. Considering that this was the mainstay of a lot of people's IS CW deck, what are we supposed to do??

Finally, would there be a unit that is looking for new recruits?
At least for the period of the competition?

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 03 December 2015 - 03:40 AM

View PostCockneyNinja, on 03 December 2015 - 03:26 AM, said:

Not quite a new player anymore, but I couldn't think of a better place to ask this question.

1) I've just signed up for a 28-days contract with House Marik without knowing there will be a major CW based event. Posted Image;;
In the upcoming Tukkayid Event, will we have a chance to change faction prior to the event?
That is, will our existing contract be voided without penalty?

2) In general terms of CW, what happened to Thunderbolts? I've used them a few times since the rebalancing patch and it just don't have the same carrying power anymore. Considering that this was the mainstay of a lot of people's IS CW deck, what are we supposed to do??

3) Finally, would there be a unit that is looking for new recruits?
At least for the period of the competition?

1) the announcement and tournourment do not mention penalty free faction change, look out for any updates otherwise probably not

2) the changes to both the quirks and pilot skills had the effect of reducing the power of the Thunderbolt, its stated goal was to bring all Mechs closer to balence, I have not played enough since the patch to say if it has done that but I am not surprised the Thunderbolt feels less powerful, try all your Mechs and decided which feel best now, then use the best of them.
the rebalance was first mentioned months ago, there has been insufficient time for a new meta to emerge which I think is a good thing as it means the elite teams will not yet have figured out the best possible Mechs.

3) many units are recruiting, I am part of the Prartorian Legion, and we are always looking for more pilots or you could post in the cw recruitment thread, however to join a unit you will have to break your contract first

#3 CockneyNinja

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 04:13 AM

Yup, I feared as much about the contract thing. :(

About rebalancing I get it was coming for some time.
It's a little annoying about T-Bolt getting (deserved?) nerfing, but in time I will adapt.
It's just hugely inconvenient that this happens right before a CW event. Posted Image

The thing about finding a unit is that I like to pilot both IS and Clan mechs and I wouldn't want to miss out CW experience from either side. Will probably have to look for the unit which caters to that sort of Euro-based players. Posted Image

#4 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 05:07 AM

View PostCockneyNinja, on 03 December 2015 - 04:13 AM, said:

Yup, I feared as much about the contract thing. Posted Image

About rebalancing I get it was coming for some time.
It's a little annoying about T-Bolt getting (deserved?) nerfing, but in time I will adapt.
It's just hugely inconvenient that this happens right before a CW event. Posted Image

The thing about finding a unit is that I like to pilot both IS and Clan mechs and I wouldn't want to miss out CW experience from either side. Will probably have to look for the unit which caters to that sort of Euro-based players. Posted Image

I may be in danger of getting into trouble for advertising my unit in the wrong area but PL does have an almost filled UK/EU battalion (30+ people), and welcome new players, we vote on contracts, taking a 2 week contract with a Clan then a 2 week with IS faction

I am certain other units also do this so look around in the CW Merc Corp forums

#5 CockneyNinja

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 11:21 AM

Ha, thanks. Will send application form soon. :P

#6 Khereg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 919 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 03 December 2015 - 11:50 AM

During the first Tukkayid event, there was a large imbalance in clan vs IS population (IS had significantly higher population) which led to long wait times for IS pilots and insta-drops for clan pilots. PGI responded by allowing free contract breakage and instant switching from IS to clan only during the event (not from clan to IS).

Russ tweeted recently that there is still a population imbalance (IS still has higher population), but he didn't say whether they would allow free and instant switching. My humble opinion is he made the tweet to try to encourage anyone currently unaffiliated to go clan instead of IS for the event. If the IS wait times are unreasonably long during the event, they might open it back up, but there's no guarantee.

#7 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 11:53 AM

one more thing I forgot to mention earlier, if you break a contract there is usualy a 48 hour cooldown before you can take another, so if you break now it will be Saturday evening before you can participate in the challenge, it is probably better to remain with the great house of the purple bird until after the weekend assuming PGI do not remove the penalty for the event

#8 Khereg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 919 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 03 December 2015 - 05:43 PM

Kin3ticX tweeted Russ about the imbalance and while Russ didn't promise anything he did say he was watching it. So, I wouldn't break contract now, but if PGI says you can have a freebie during the event, take it then. Just keep your eyes open for the announcement.

#9 teuchy

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 12:05 PM

Dumb question - if my unit leader has not entered into a contract with any faction (and might not be online over the weekend to enter into one), how can I enter into a faction contract myself to participate in the tournament?

#10 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,740 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 04 December 2015 - 12:21 PM

View Postteuchy, on 04 December 2015 - 12:05 PM, said:

Dumb question - if my unit leader has not entered into a contract with any faction (and might not be online over the weekend to enter into one), how can I enter into a faction contract myself to participate in the tournament?

Your Avatar is showing the FRR, so atm you are with the Innersphere. If you click on the Faction Play, in the upper left corner will show the time left on the contract with the FRR.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 04 December 2015 - 12:22 PM.

#11 T0rmented

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 317 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 04 December 2015 - 12:27 PM

if you are stuck with no affiliation due to your unit lead being absent for the weekend and you do want to participate, your only real option would be to leave your unit, take your own personal contract and then reintegrate later (i am sure your guy will understand).

#12 Khereg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 919 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 04 December 2015 - 12:57 PM

View Postteuchy, on 04 December 2015 - 12:05 PM, said:

Alternatively for anyone whose unit is truly not in a faction right now and your leader isn't around to sign a contract, you would have to leave your unit and sign an individual contract with a faction to participate. If you aren't currently in a faction, there's no cooldown period, so you would be able to drop immediately.

In such a case, I'd take a 7 day contract to allow you to rejoin your unit as quickly as possible after the event.

#13 teuchy

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 03:25 PM

Thanks for the tips. Managed to find my unit leader online and we're all set now :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users