How To Fix Map/mode Voting?

39 replies to this topic

Poll: What is the best way to improve the map/mode voting system? (58 member(s) have cast votes)

How best to improve the Map/Mode Voting system?

1. Remove it. (18 votes [31.03%])

Percentage of vote: 31.03%

2. Leave it as is. (10 votes [17.24%])

Percentage of vote: 17.24%

3. Modify it so that once a vote is cast it cannot be changed. (22 votes [37.93%])

Percentage of vote: 37.93%

4. Modify it so that there is no vote multiplier. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Modify it so that below 5 seconds, no votes can be changed. (8 votes [13.79%])

Percentage of vote: 13.79%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 L Y N X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 629 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 07 December 2015 - 12:04 PM

I'm adding this poll to help find a way to improve the experience. All too often now, I am experiencing folks trying to game the voting to gain a vote multiplier. Have you also seen this? Do you think it has a detrimental effect on the intent of the system?

#2 Mordale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,008 posts
  • Locationon some backwater rock of a planet

Posted 07 December 2015 - 12:11 PM

I want to pick my game Mode! Not vote on it! Please PGI get ride of it!

#3 Sam Browne

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 14 posts
  • LocationBelfast

Posted 07 December 2015 - 12:28 PM

Some maps might suit the build I want to run out in, other maps might not.

Once voted, no change option, or at least remove multiplier.

+1

#4 Shade Crimson

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 6 posts
  • LocationThat's not a moon, that's a spacestation!

Posted 07 December 2015 - 01:27 PM

IMHO, I would add that in ADDITION to not being able to change your vote, I suggest allowing only an either/or setup. We vote for 2 things, which map and match type. Take one of those choices away. You could vote for EITHER which map OR match type. Not both.
Posted Image

#5 ArchAngel721

Rookie

• The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 01:30 PM

[font=&#10]How about you remove the percentages from view? People are gaming the system to try to hit a high multiplier, so stop giving them the tools to do it. No chance to see who’s voted for what and the game goes away.[/font]

#6 Dahkoht

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 126 posts
  • LocationPelham,AL

Posted 07 December 2015 - 01:40 PM

View PostMordale, on 07 December 2015 - 12:11 PM, said:

I want to pick my game Mode! Not vote on it! Please PGI get ride of it!

This , I am perfectly willing to wait longer to play the mode I want to play , instead of playing multiple matches of something I don't want to.

#7 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts
  • LocationThe Motion Lounge

Posted 07 December 2015 - 02:15 PM

View PostArchAngel721, on 07 December 2015 - 01:30 PM, said:

[font=&#10]How about you remove the percentages from view? People are gaming the system to try to hit a high multiplier, so stop giving them the tools to do it. No chance to see who’s voted for what and the game goes away.[/font]

Good Idea!

#8 Lanstrike

• PipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 02:27 PM

I play the random voting slots all the time to try and see just how high a count I can have.
So far I got up to X10, I didn't think it was annoying anyone, but in a way when you think about it, I am just WORKING the system to be more selective like how it used to be.

I don't really care what map I get put on I love them all. If I am in a hot build or a very new mech I don't want to play Terra Therma right away. I will play these new people that are voting for the multiplier by putting all 10 stacks into Terra then at the last second I remove my vote for Terra Therma and boom a sudden shift in the polls switches the map away from the option that I didn't want. and I get to keep my x10 multiplier to do the same with next map.

A lot of player dont want to play certain modes. I dont like skirmish. I will try to WORK the system to avoid it too. I would rather have my mode options back. but this is the first time I have had more control over what map I get to play on with quick play. That I do like.

I think you could add a new option to your poll to bypass all the match voting and simply put. give us an option to turn it off. or give us an option to play the quick games however we want to play a quick game. They cant really go wrong by giving us an option to turn something on or off now can they? Give me a suggestion over what map/ modes/ mech types are ready to be filled on a list for a shorter waiting time but never force me into playing new content.

I think a lot of the negativity PGI receives in these regards could be avoided and is mainly from forcing players to utilize new content and not giving a choice when it becomes live.

Edited by Lanstrike, 07 December 2015 - 07:15 PM.

#9 Bloodright58

• Pip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 04:39 PM

i had a multiplier up to X11 the other night, was tempted to see exactly how high it could go.

#10 Hawk_eye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 325 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 December 2015 - 09:10 PM

LOL, seems like a lot of people are playing the: "How high a multiplyer can I get" game (I reached x12 once, but only on maps. With modes it seems to be a lot harder, I think x9 was the highest I got it there)

Note:
Didn´t vote in the poll, because my favorite option:
"Results hidden until end and results give a percentage chance for which map/mode is used" isn´t there .

#11 Greyhart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 894 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 December 2015 - 04:31 AM

I would also vote for results hidden until end.

That way you can't game the system as easily.

#12 Hotthedd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 3,213 posts
  • LocationDixie

Posted 08 December 2015 - 05:32 AM

View PostBloodright58, on 07 December 2015 - 04:39 PM, said:

i had a multiplier up to X11 the other night, was tempted to see exactly how high it could go.

It goes to 12. I've gotten to 12 twice on maps. It's easy to do, just always pick Terra Therma, and never pick HPG or Crimson Strait.

Make the vote blind, then it can't be gamed.

#13 Cpt Zippo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 325 posts
  • LocationGiessen

Posted 08 December 2015 - 05:44 AM

Just remove it!

#14 BlackHeroe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 109 posts
  • LocationKasselhague

Posted 08 December 2015 - 10:38 AM

Get rid of this mini-Game, its no fun :P

Beyond that a vote shouldnt be altered, multiplied, or to be seen for everyone. Also get back 20+ secs. waiting time (the goal was to save time, not too have a bad mini-game using this time up)

so i vote for this suggestion: (pre-drop voting with a slight randomness):
http://mwomercs.com/...-voting-system/

#15 Serpentbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 485 posts
  • LocationVanvikan, Norway

Posted 08 December 2015 - 10:47 AM

Try searching the forums before posting :P

http://mwomercs.com/...65#entry4848365

#16 L Y N X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 629 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 08 December 2015 - 03:43 PM

@ serpentbane - no.

We are trying to show PGI this needs a change and collect data on how it might best be to change it. The more posts on this the better, the sqeaky wheel and all... ;P

Edited by 7ynx, 08 December 2015 - 03:45 PM.

#17 Serpentbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 485 posts
  • LocationVanvikan, Norway

Posted 08 December 2015 - 11:07 PM

View Post7ynx, on 08 December 2015 - 03:43 PM, said:

@ serpentbane - no.

We are trying to show PGI this needs a change and collect data on how it might best be to change it. The more posts on this the better, the sqeaky wheel and all... ;P

One huge HOT thread vs lots of smaller threads moving further back as new threads are made, I dont know. But PGI have stated they like the one thread solution. I don't care if this is mine or yours, or some other guys. But I think we should stay with as few as possible.

#18 VixNix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 441 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 01:23 PM

I want game type selection back please, I don't mind map voting.

#19 KafkaSyrup

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 04:53 PM

Or you could get rid of the problem by removing the bonus vote being added if you change your vote....

#20 R79TCom1 Night Lanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raptor
  • The Raptor
  • 248 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest, USA

Posted 24 January 2016 - 10:29 PM

I don't see the problem with someone "working the system" to gamble on getting a high multiplier just to play a map and/or game mode they reall, really want to play ONCE before being back down to x1 again. There is still a chance that they will pick an option they do not really want and, when the time runs out, that is the winning option and they just lost their multiplier.

Maybe I do not play enough, but I have yet run into a time when this is a huge issue...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users