Group Tier?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Silvverr

• PipPip
  • The Tyrant
  • The Tyrant
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 03:08 PM

I am not new, but I don't know where else to put this... Anyway my friend is tier 4 and is always saying that when I invite him to a group it pulls him up in tier ( I am tier 2 by the way) and I was wondering if THAT is true or if he pulls me down, if it puts us in a mediation of tiers?

Or does it have something to do with the group leader? (ak If im the leader I pull him up, and vice versa)

Does anyone know? Thanks in advance

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 07 December 2015 - 03:22 PM

what happens is that the game averages the tier of everyone in the group,

so if a 4 player group had a t5, t4, t2, and t1 player it would average out as t3, meaning if you went up against a group of t3 players they may destroy the t5 and t4 easily but the t1 and t2 would easily destroy a few of them, it would average out,

your friend is likely getting harder games teaming up with you as opposed to solo queue because the enemy team would average out at t3, however 4 to 3 is not that big a gap, especially because it is possible for t4 to go up against t2 in a solo queue drop

#3 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,740 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 07 December 2015 - 06:57 PM

First, the tier system is currently more like an experience bar. If you do well, even on a loss you will move up, or if you do horrible on a win, you stay even/no change. It is not a closed system. And for players would had played since 1/1/15, when the PSR was introduced it was seeded based on their ELO. New people start in tier 4 but that will be changing to tier 5 come Steam Release this week (it is this week, hai?). Then there is the size of each group determines the max weight that can be brought. If a two/three player team is only taking a light/2 mediums, it can make things rough cause there is generally not enough fire power nor armor to give and soak up damage.

Group queue can be a slaughter house, in that since it is made up of groups instead of individuals, you can pretty well guarantee that at least one subgroup is communicating with each other, if not with the entire team. Unlike the solo queue, it can be a hit or miss.

With that said, there is also the differences in mechs. A higher tiered player is likely using a Mastered mech, have it tricked out and running close to meta most of the time and his group has more synergy, where as lower tier players may not be using competitive mech or build, have it elited/mastered and may not sync up with the other players.

But really,there are simply too many variables, but when one side drops a couple of mechs, it can become a steam roll much quicker when compared to the solo queue.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 07 December 2015 - 06:59 PM.

#4 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,677 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 08 December 2015 - 04:54 PM

Group queue is more difficult because there is more communication and coordination between players even at the same tier level.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users