8Th Davion Guards [8Dg] Open Recruitment.

84 replies to this topic

#1 Neutron IX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts
  • Location"Soylent Green. It's what's for dinner."

Posted 07 December 2015 - 09:36 PM

Greetings any and all who might be considering taking up the banner for the honor of House Davion, from the 8th Davion Guards [8DG] (The Crazy 8th).

We are an active-casual unit of moderate skill, that is the PERFECT home for a very specific type of MechWarrior.

If any of the following sounds like you, well friend, we'll chill an extra pint for you.

Who we are: A motley collection of grown-*** adults with jobs, and kids, and school, and all sorts of responsibilities and the like, who happen to really enjoy not just this game, but the lore and universe that inspired it. We play when and where we're able to, and over the years have become reasonably skilled (though it's safe to say we're not likely to top any leaderboards, unless, of course, there's a leaderboard for hilarious/awesome/attractiveness, or fondness for craft beer and spirits).

What we have to offer: A unit that doesn't come with any pressure or expectations on your time, or busy lifestyle, but knows the ins-and-outs, and finer points of the game, and doesn't just want to coast along, alone, at the bottom. A handful of happy veterans who are always friendly and helpful, and above all, hilarious, and sometimes drunk. Plenty of fantastic forum and faction friends, who are great allies, and add to our blissful insanity. A bordering on encyclopedic knowledge of the Battletech backstory, that's always available to assist with lore questions. And Davion. Always Davion.

Wait, you say, what the hell is "active-casual"?! Well, it is what we are, and by that, we mean, we're active at heart, but casual by necessity. Our spirits play the game far more than our schedules/kids/significant others/jobs/budgets allow. We're players who could possibly even be "competitive", if only Chronos would accept our sacrifice of vintage Swatch watches, and carefully aged meats and cheeses, and add more hours to the day...

Or, in the words of our fellow Guardsman, 3xnihilo...

"Crazy 8th Advertisement:

Listen, we love playing MWO, but the existential reality of the situation is that it doesn't actually happen that often. Instead, we friend each other on Facebook and talk about playing MWO. This conversation has a tendency to spill out all over the forums. So, if you are the kind of person who loves talking to other people who love talking about playing games they only dream of playing, this is the place for you!

P.S. They are not a guarantee, but when the stars align, the group drops are glorious!"

Also, there's this, our info from the AFFS Regiment list:

Unit: 8th Davion Guards [8DG] (The Crazy 8th)
CO: Rip Snorgan / Neutron IX
XO: 3xnihilo
XO: Brimbooze
Web: http://8dg.freeforums.net (not terribly useful at the moment, since mostly we're on Discord or Facebook)
Comms: Discord - https://discord.gg/k3vswtr
Language: English
Time Zones: Any (Currently EST and PST)
Active: Yes (Casual)
Unit Motto: Don't be an ***!

"We are a lore based unit composed of a small handful of casual, but active, gamers/Battletech fans, who try to balance the full plate of daily real-life responsibilities, with the strong desire to crush our enemies under the metal feet of our mechs. We are dedicated Loyalists to House Davion and the Federated Suns, and at least half of us have Locust-fever, while all of us have a propensity for craft beer and finely brewed coffee.

We hope sometime to join some of our fellow Davion units in CW drops as friends and allies, especially if it means kicking the Clans back beyond the Far Periphery!"

So if any of all that up there feels, you know, "right" for you, hit us up if you are interested, or have any questions, and if not, well, don't worry, there are all sorts of great Davion units out there, and one of them will surely be "the one"!

We'll see you out there Mechwarrior, and depending on how deep into the bottle we are, maybe we'll even see 2 or 3 of you!

*Salute*

Edited by Neutron IX, 13 September 2021 - 06:16 PM.

#2 Nightstorm

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 30 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 16 December 2015 - 04:44 PM

Good evening,

I sent you a PM as well. I'm interested in joining up. Your group sounds like it's exactly what I'm looking for :)

#3 3xnihilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 16 December 2015 - 05:19 PM

View PostNightstorm, on 16 December 2015 - 04:44 PM, said:

Good evening,

I sent you a PM as well. I'm interested in joining up. Your group sounds like it's exactly what I'm looking for :)

07 Nightstorm! I will send you our 125 page application form. . . Jk. I'll get a pm out to you though :).

#4 Tuebor

• PipPip
  • Subaltern
  • Subaltern
  • 22 posts
  • LocationMichigan USA

Posted 16 December 2015 - 10:09 PM

i want in. ill bring the rum and cheese and crackers.

#5 Neutron IX

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 10:13 PM

How did you know I'm a huge fan of all of those things?!

Now, how do you feel about pickled foods and cured meats? These are important questions!

#6 Nightstorm

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 30 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 17 December 2015 - 06:46 AM

Yes this sounds like a good fit :)

I keep a bottle of Sailor Jerry, Jim Beam Black and of course Patron in the freezer at all times. The assorted craft beer is known to make an appearance as well :)

#7 Tuebor

• PipPip
  • Subaltern
  • Subaltern
  • 22 posts
  • LocationMichigan USA

Posted 17 December 2015 - 08:35 AM

well Rip. ill put it this way. i know this little place in Cadillac MI that sells the best old world ring bologna, plain pickled or garlic. and iv got cap morgan privet stock and cap morgan 1671 ready and waiting . see you guys in the field.

#8 Neutron IX

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 09:03 AM

Well, a resounding "welcome" to the lot of you!

Let this meeting of "The Quality Food & Drink Club" commence!

#9 Tuebor

• PipPip
  • Subaltern
  • Subaltern
  • 22 posts
  • LocationMichigan USA

Posted 17 December 2015 - 02:45 PM

lol ok. lets swap recipes on the unit open forum . and save this for recruiting

Edited by Tuebor, 17 December 2015 - 02:47 PM.

#10 FuturelessPast

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 06:28 PM

I'm a new pilot looking for a mature group of guys to play with. I have a few hours a day to play but no set times. Seems like your group may be the match for me. Please message me if you like me to part of your team and would like to know more about me.

#11 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 17 December 2015 - 06:43 PM

View PostFuturelessPast, on 17 December 2015 - 06:28 PM, said:

I'm a new pilot looking for a mature group of guys to play with. I have a few hours a day to play but no set times. Seems like your group may be the match for me. Please message me if you like me to part of your team and would like to know more about me.

I sent you a PM

#12 aigcatol

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 03:28 PM

Ya'll still hirin' ? Need a light pilot?

#13 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 22 December 2015 - 05:42 PM

View Postaigcatol, on 22 December 2015 - 03:28 PM, said:

Ya'll still hirin' ? Need a light pilot?

Yes, we can always use more light pilots...they die too easily. I will get a pm out to you.

#14 Whispervale

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 08:19 PM

Hi -- you guys sound like a pretty cool bunch! Is there room for one more?

#15 Neutron IX

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 11:15 PM

Sure is, I'll send you an invite next time I'm on!

#16 Evilclyde

Rookie

• The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 12:05 PM

You guys sound like fellas I could like. Sent you a PM.

#17 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 13 May 2016 - 05:11 PM

View PostEvilclyde, on 12 May 2016 - 12:05 PM, said:

You guys sound like fellas I could like. Sent you a PM.

I will get an invite sent out to you when I get on next time. :)

#18 Seox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 248 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 10:54 AM

Howdy!

I'm new enough to MW and fairly new to battletech, and I'm looking for a group that wants to play hard even if we play casually. You guys sound great! Can I join up?

Edited by Seox, 14 May 2016 - 10:54 AM.

#19 Neutron IX

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 01:19 PM

Sending you an invite today Seox! Welcome to the team!

#20 MechLord71

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 160 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 05:25 PM

I am looking for a Davion unit. Are you guys still active? Thanks!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users