#1 Ron Kramer

• PipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 47 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGrand rapids

Posted 15 December 2015 - 02:49 PM

I bought the maurader and hero for it. It came with "premium time" it says 1 day. When should I use that? what is it? I THINK yuo get more credits per match? because when I played before it sayd "if you played premium time you're make XXX of credits"???

So do you want to start and stop this or use it on a day you play a lot (saturday?) or doesn't it really matter when I use it? I'm not sure what it's good for.

I wanted to buy a mech ( I already bought some in game) because I wanted to support MWO as it's the best game I've ever played (and Im' 58) = )
So my first contribution of 55 bucks to try and learn how the BUY stuff works.

Ron

#2 Famous

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 117 posts
  • LocationProbably stuck at work

Posted 15 December 2015 - 02:53 PM

Premium time gives you +50% XP and CBills for as long as it is active. With the MADs you should have gotten two 30 day premium time banked set ups. There should be a button that says Activate Premium Time. You can also go to your profile (link in top right corner of this site) and activate your time from there. I would recommend that because it's the easiest.

Premium time runs from the minute you start it until X nnumber days worth of time has passed. With banked time (what you got with the MADs) it is done in 30 day increments, when you buy Premium Time with MC you can select 7, 15, 30, etc days of time that start when you buy them.

Premium Time is there to make the grind faster and it does a good job of it. But it does run continually so if you're not going to have much time to play in the next week or so it's best to hold onto it until you're going to be playing at least somewhat consistently.

Edited by Famous, 15 December 2015 - 02:55 PM.

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 02:59 PM

View PostRon Kramer, on 15 December 2015 - 02:49 PM, said:

I wanted to buy a mech ( I already bought some in game) because I wanted to support MWO as it's the best game I've ever played (and Im' 58) = )
So my first contribution of 55 bucks to try and learn how the BUY stuff works.

Ron

It functions as an endless timer once activated. To only activate 30 days of banked time at a time, go to PROFILE on This Website and click the "Activate 30 days premium time."

Otherwise if you use the in-game activate...
Posted Image
Well woe was me. I activated 502 days at once on accident. Heh...heh....heh... Posted Image Posted Image That's 98 days later.

Also welcome to MWO.

#4 Fobhopper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 344 posts
  • LocationClan Nova Cat agent working for Davion

Posted 15 December 2015 - 04:42 PM

Well I had really nice and long reply, and when trying to attach an image, but the reply system just killed it. So here is what I was trying to say in much shorter terms.

When you get Premium Time, you either get it as Activated (usually from event rewards) that is instantly injected into your account and runs for however long (usually 1 to 3 days). Banked premium time on the other hand is usually bought by itself, or comes with mastery packages, mech bundles or mech store packages bought from MWO/Steam. You have to manually activate the premium time either from the website (under the Profile section) or from inside the game client.

And as someone who knows a little something about Premium time (all awarded from buying mech packs) dont be in a rush to leave some banked.

Well for whatever reason, the website isn't letting me post the picture, but in short i have 2.9k hours of banked premium time, and 3.8k hours of activated premium time.

Edited by Fobhopper, 15 December 2015 - 04:45 PM.

#5 Forrest_3

• PipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSkye

Posted 26 December 2015 - 11:39 PM

Brand new here. Like a few days into this but old WOT player. So to get premium time in this Mech game I first buy gold and then buy X amount of time with the gold....is that right?

#6 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 27 December 2015 - 03:45 AM

View PostUSMVmc, on 26 December 2015 - 11:39 PM, said:

Brand new here. Like a few days into this but old WOT player. So to get premium time in this Mech game I first buy gold and then buy X amount of time with the gold....is that right?

yes, using MC is one way,
the event currently happening allows you to get prizes for each game played, some of those prizes will be Premium time, claim your prizes and get full details of the requirements at the following link:
http://mwomercs.com/...=201512stocking

you also usualy get premium time when buying Mech packs

#7 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 December 2015 - 05:32 AM

You can also get Premium time through the Gift Store, if you'd like to give it to a friend. Not sure on the price difference between the gift store and ingame. It does depends on how big of an MC package you buy (more MC per dollar, the bigger the pack you buy), or if you get it on sale (right now you can get 20% more with each package).

#8 armageddon44

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 2 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Locationstates

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:00 PM

activate 30 days button not working correctly i click on it it will light up but nothing happens and i have 346 days banked time.
\

Edited by armageddon44, 19 March 2017 - 12:14 PM.

#9 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:18 PM

View Postarmageddon44, on 19 March 2017 - 12:00 PM, said:

activate 30 days button not working correctly i click on it it will light up but nothing happens and i have 346 days banked time.
\

it can take 15 minutes for the game to realise you have activated premium time, I usualy activate some before a match, when I get out of the match it is active.

#10 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:40 PM

PT sells for $12.00 per month.

Posted Image

They used to force you to buy MC then use it to buy stuff. It was so annoying.

What is still annoying is that you have to go to the "gift store" to buy a lot of stuff, then send it to yourself and redeem it. On the older Mech packs, you will get 30-60 days of banked time.

But PT on the new Mech packs has been cut back. You no longer get it for the standard pack and only 30 days for the collector packs. And it is no longer banked but it is activated when you buy it.

Same with Mastery Bundles.

#11 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:47 PM

P.S. just buy a Locust Mastery Bundle for $13.00, sell the mechs and you will have 3 mech bays and 30 days of PT.

#12 Malrock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 313 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:21 AM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 19 March 2017 - 02:47 PM, said:

P.S. just buy a Locust Mastery Bundle for $13.00, sell the mechs and you will have 3 mech bays and 30 days of PT.

I didn't realize this was such a good deal thanks for pointing that out.

#13 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:32 PM

If you don't have a lot of time on your hands. You can buy the premium bonus after a match. On your post match screen it'll show you how much XP and C-bills extra you could have won with premium time. It has a small button under it that let's you buy the bonus for 50 MC, I think.

I prefer this because of how infrequent I play. And since it lets you buy it after the match is over, I only use it for matches where I scored high.

#14 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:52 PM

View PostMechaBattler, on 20 March 2017 - 12:32 PM, said:

If you don't have a lot of time on your hands. You can buy the premium bonus after a match. On your post match screen it'll show you how much XP and C-bills extra you could have won with premium time. It has a small button under it that let's you buy the bonus for 50 MC, I think.

I prefer this because of how infrequent I play. And since it lets you buy it after the match is over, I only use it for matches where I scored high.

not a very good return on your cash IMO, but I agree it does make some sense for the infrequent players

#15 Shaky Shot

• Pip
  • Big Daddy
  • 14 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 October 2019 - 01:24 AM

you know I will never buy premium time....
if it can not be under my control....when I want it on or off
and never if it just ticks way ....sorry but just another greedy rip off

#16 Akhri Mala

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 188 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 21 October 2019 - 08:23 AM

Necromancer!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users