Issue With Tutorial

12 replies to this topic

#1 LuisRizo

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 05:02 PM

Well, I'm a new player and i think this is not meant to be this way, I'm stuck in the tutorial, when it comes the blue marker that I'm supposed to reach by walking doesn't work
I have to walk a few times to reach the next part, which is even worst, after walking through the green marker begin the time trial but the first yellow marker doesn't recognize that i'm walking throught it Posted Image

I've spent the 2 minutes trying to do it, after that 2 minutes fail i'm supposed to walk through the 2 white lights but again doesn't work

I'm sad because I've played the Mech Assault from the original xbox when I was a kid... :/

HelpPosted Image

#2 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 29 December 2015 - 06:55 PM

View PostLuisRizo, on 29 December 2015 - 05:02 PM, said:

Well, I'm a new player and i think this is not meant to be this way, I'm stuck in the tutorial, when it comes the blue marker that I'm supposed to reach by walking doesn't work
I have to walk a few times to reach the next part, which is even worst, after walking through the green marker begin the time trial but the first yellow marker doesn't recognize that i'm walking throught it Posted Image

I've spent the 2 minutes trying to do it, after that 2 minutes fail i'm supposed to walk through the 2 white lights but again doesn't work

I'm sad because I've played the Mech Assault from the original xbox when I was a kid... :/

HelpPosted Image

You should be able to skip the tutorial if you wished. Last I knew.

When I last ran through the tutorial, everything was working fine for me. It has been a few patches though, so something may have gone broke.

#3 Dave Forsey

Senior Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 198 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 12:25 AM

I've just tried the tutorial with a fresh account and had no problems.

I'm at a loss as to what would prevent the trigger volumes from firing only occasionally and yet not screw up other things.

Your mech has to pass through the center of the crater (and your cockpit is offset slightly).

Any chance of a video or a screen cap of you standing in the smoke without triggering?

#4 Raubwurst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 December 2015 - 04:20 AM

Would assume too, that you may missed the center of the crater... That happend to me, too, the first time... and I've been playing this game more than half a year at that point Posted Image

@Dave Forsey: Maybe add a little bit of radius to the hitzone?

#5 Psychorat

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 01:32 PM

Same issue here, the waypoints simply do not activate when I step on them. After 5 minutes of running in circle over the blue smoke, sometimes it activates... but next comes the green and yellow smoke waypoints, that also do not activate...

#6 Dave Forsey

Senior Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 198 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 01:49 PM

So what I need is information that could somehow let me figure out what you're doing differently.

A video would be the best, but a written description of what you did just before trying the waypoint might help.

Did you wander off? Shoot Captain Adams? Hang around a long time before going to the waypoint? Popup the map?

Alt-tab or otherwise switch applications during the tutorial? If so, which ones?
Are you running 32 or 64 bit? DX9 or 11? Fullscreen, windowed?

Thank you.

#7 Psychorat

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:33 AM

So every items,buildings, trees... are invisible leaving only small levitating textured balls everywhere. Appart from that, games run fine and does not crash, but is unplayable in this state.

*I'm guessing the waypoint issue is a result of this problem, waypoints probably beeing relayed to one of those balls floating in the sky somewhere.

- Problem appeared from the first launch of the game, when it first automatically launch the tutorial. But is not limited to the tutorial.

* At first I didn't know if it was volontary or a bug (it beeing a tutorial, floating balls did not looked that much out of place ;) , but since waypoints didn't work I found out it must have been a bug.

- Problem persist in every maps/ testing grounds

- tried all video settings from low to very-high --> no change

- tried launching in 32/64 bits --> no change

- tried dx9/dx11 --> no change

- tried fullscreen and windowed --> no change

- following tech support recommandation: runned repair tool, no change; tried clean reinstall --> problem persist

- followed some forum recommandations about setting graphic drivers setting to "controlled by application", deleeted everything in \engine folder, runned repair tool enabling each boxes --> didn't fix the problem

CPU: AMD fx8350
videocard: Geforce gtx970 strix (latest drivers)
ram: 16g
windows 7 pro

Edited by Psychorat, 14 January 2016 - 09:39 AM.

#8 Dave Forsey

Senior Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 198 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 10:40 AM

Ok! That's waymore than a waypoint issue. It looks like the level isn't loading properly.
Thank you.

I think just a screenshot of that would do.

#9 Psychorat

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:03 AM

Here is a video of me trying to play the tutorial...with balls everywhere and waypoints not working properly.

#10 Dave Forsey

Senior Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 198 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:22 AM

That is sooo funny... and so totally unplayable.

Your tech support ticket is in the queue.

#11 Raubwurst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:43 AM

Oh I know this issue, a friend of mine has it and I've heared it from one or two other people.
One of them said the issue cleared itself after some time, but e.g. for this friend of mine MWO is still unplayable after half a year (he did all the steps stated by you above, only he didn't tried to run in 32bit version).

Sadly I never found a solution for this, but would be highly interested in a workaround :)

#12 Psychorat

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 01:34 PM

OK so I got it working properly...

Unless some magic hapenned during the fifth installation:

the game must be installed in \Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games or else it doesn't work...

I think the basic installation installed it to \program files\... where it didn't work, other locations tested also didn't work.

It is still not normal to be unable to install it properly anywhere else and should be fixed

Thanks for your time and I hope this can help someone else.

See you on the battlefield ;P

Edited by Psychorat, 16 January 2016 - 01:35 PM.

#13 Dave Forsey

Senior Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 198 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 10:58 AM

Good to hear.

If you haven't already, let tech support know how you fixed the issue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users