Rank 15 Rewards

12 replies to this topic

#1 Rithious

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 09:23 PM

So i aligned to House Davion and as such i went through their ranks to see rewards. I noticed on rank 15 that is has "Davion Loyalty" as a reward. Does this just give bonus loyalty points or does think mean that you are permanently contracted to house Davion?
I ask this because i do not want to be stuck to one specific faction as i want to level all factions to maximize my mech bays by getting as many as i can from all the factions. Yes, i'm aware that will take a super long time.

#2 S T I N G S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 31 December 2015 - 09:49 PM

You are not kept to one faction

#3 DevlinCognito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 504 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth

Posted 31 December 2015 - 10:54 PM

Davion Loyalty refers to a Davion Cockpit Medallion, I cant remember correctly if it gives you a small loyalty boost when driving the mech it is equipped in like the Phoenix medallions do or whether it is just cosmetic.

#4 Rithious

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 12:08 AM

thanks guys/gals! i was a little worried it would lock me into that faction

#5 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 01 January 2016 - 04:27 PM

The Loyalty Medallions give a 5% Loyalty Point boost while you are in that mech for CW

#6 Icantswim

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 05:23 PM

While we're on this topic I'd like to ask something.
Checking "faction loyalty" menu says that getting to any Clan rank 15 would get me a Clan Medallion. Whereas reaching any IS faction rank 15 would get me a Faction Loyalty.
In fact I got to Wolf rank 15 and received said Wolf Medallion. And it doesn't give any LP bonus at all (Yes, I equipped it, used the mech I equipped it in and it still said "item bonus = 0").
I asked a couple other pilots and they told me that Medallion hanging items aren't supposed to give you any bonuses. Some of them even stated that I should have gotten Clan Loyalties instead of Medallion upon reaching Clan rank 15.
That rose several questions.
1. So what am I supposed to get when I reach Clan rank 15? A Medallion? A Loyalty? Does it depend on something?
2. Are Clan Medallions supposed to be equal to IS Faction Loyalties? In other words, IS rank 15 hanging items don't give any LP bonus as well, do they?

#7 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 02 January 2016 - 05:00 AM

All of the Loyalty medallions are supposed to provide a +5% LP boost when equipped to a 'Mech and used when contracted to their specific Faction.

So if you are contracted to Steiner, a Clan Wolf loyalty medallion will not provide a boost. Only a Steiner loyalty medallion will provide that boost. I'm fortunate enough to have 2 Davion medallions and they are certainly working for me at present, the Phoenix 'Mechs also provide a LP boost when used, which is nice :D

#8 Icantswim

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 08:19 AM

View PostxX PUG Xx, on 02 January 2016 - 05:00 AM, said:

So if you are contracted to Steiner, a Clan Wolf loyalty medallion will not provide a boost. Only a Steiner loyalty medallion will provide that boost.

Oh come on. It's obvious that I was using Wolf Medallion while I was still contracted to Clan Wolf. And it didn't work.

View PostxX PUG Xx, on 02 January 2016 - 05:00 AM, said:

I'm fortunate enough to have 2 Davion medallions and they are certainly working for me at present, the Phoenix 'Mechs also provide a LP boost when used, which is nice Posted Image

The real question is are those the same Medallions you get when reaching rank 15? Some pilots claimed they got their as prizes from events.
My guess is that rank 15 items that don't provide anything are getting confused with Medallions from events or those that went with some packages.

#9 xX PUG Xx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 02 January 2016 - 11:36 AM

View PostIcantswim, on 02 January 2016 - 08:19 AM, said:

Oh come on. It's obvious that I was using Wolf Medallion while I was still contracted to Clan Wolf. And it didn't work.

LOL okay okay, I was just making sure :)

The real question is are those the same Medallions you get when reaching rank 15? Some pilots claimed they got their as prizes from events.
My guess is that rank 15 items that don't provide anything are getting confused with Medallions from events or those that went with some packages.

The first medal came with the Phoenix 'Mech pack (no longer available), the second was earned at rank 15 and both definitely do provide the boost. I would recommend an email to "support" and ask for some assistance if you are not receiving yours. The boosts on the Phoenix (P) 'Mechs works as advertised and there must be some reason for your Loyalty medallion not to work.

#10 DevlinCognito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 504 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth

Posted 02 January 2016 - 03:36 PM

I do seem to recall uhm-ing and ahh-ing over where to put the new Rank 15 medallion when I recieved it as my Phoenix ones were already in my staple CW mechs, so I'm sure Pug has the knowings of it right.

#11 Icantswim

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 04:25 PM

Alrighty.
Let's try this one one more time.
Here's an image.
Posted Image

As you can see, Wolfs rank 15 reward is "clan wolf medallion" while FRR reward is "FRR loyalty".
If you look closely at their respective descriptions you'll notice several things:
1. FRR loyalty states that it gives a loyalty boost while Clan Wolf medallion doesn't state anything.
2. You can actually buy those Clan Wolf medallions for 750 mc, while FRR loyalty is not for sale.

So my question still stands. Why IS and Clan rank 15 rewards aren't equal? Are they supposed to be that way?

Edited by Icantswim, 19 March 2016 - 06:11 PM.

#12 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 01:40 AM

Has this been answered ?

#13 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 14 June 2017 - 02:10 AM

The loyalty medallion you get from Rank 15 is one that provides you bonus loyalty points equivalent to the ones from the IS (and including those from the Phoenix Packs). Unfortunately, the bonus is really inconsequential (you only get 1/4 of the listed max value as you need 4 of them equipped on every mech to gain the max bonus - same goes for the special Phoenix mech variants).

AFAIK, the Clan ones are available only via this method (the last one that was obtainable was during a Clan-based FP/CW event, years/ages ago). Note, this is VASTLY different from the Clan packs (specifically Wave 1) as those are strictly cosmetic.

IIRC, it's 1.25% per medallion (5% total/max for having all 4 mechs in your dropdeck equipped with it).
It's 2.5% per Phoenix special variant mechs (has designation of (P) in its name) that you have in your (IS) dropdeck (this caps/max @ 10%).

Edited by Deathlike, 14 June 2017 - 02:15 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users