Ill Tell You Why Clanwars Is Dead, And Will Never Take Off.

949 replies to this topic

#1 Mothermoy

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:02 PM

was just running a pug community warfare, just simply for more stocking pulls. When i load up.....crap its 11 outa 12 premade on the other team. So im thinking ill do what damage i can.

Now dont get me wrong this group on the other team was really good, amazing in fact. Great teamwork. great plan. HOWEVER, it was obvious after the first 5 minutes this game was over.

HOWEVER Instead of just killing the gens, and being professional, this group proceeds to spawn farm every last one of us. Really guys? Without puggers this mode is deader then dead. When its obvious that you severely outclass the pug team you are against, just kill the gens and move on.

To many people have lives and professions and just don't have the time to commit to a unit or group. So instead of this units making CW more pug friendly, they were all complete and total morons. it may not matter, but i for one am done with CW.

I pose a question to all the larger units. Do you really think farming pug groups to the last mech, instead of just winning the match and moving on, will encourage us puggers to play? Really? and the sad thing is, this will not stop, this group will load up again, and farm every last mech AGAIN, and drive more puggers away. This CW mode is dead, and will stay dead.

Edited by Mothermoy, 01 January 2016 - 06:23 PM.

#2 Captain Stiffy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:05 PM

The matchmaking in CW is nothing short of unconscionable.

#3 Nika Romanova

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:10 PM

View PostCaptain Stiffy, on 01 January 2016 - 06:05 PM, said:

Replace "unconscionable" with "non-existent" and you are correct. Matchmaking is only in quick play modes.

#4 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:11 PM

Well...there is no match making in CW.

Here's an idea; make the goddamned thing unit based. (Unit Territories within an umbrella faction.)
1: Pugs can have their own unit and operate it is they plan to operate factions in CW3.. (vote on attack planet)
2: Matchmaking is simple: Don't want to fight -MS-? Don't want to fight 228? Don't attack their territories and get away from them.

BAM two birds, one stone.

#5 old man odin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 270 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:12 PM

[Redacted] Gen Rushers.

I pug CW pretty much exclusively and I much rather getting farmed to the last mech. I hate seeing ten minutes of queuing up wasted so I can get paid nothing and do nothing. Even the very worst of stomps will still let me shoot something, but gen rush matches are just a waste. What you're suggesting would kill the mode way faster than any 12 man stomp.

Edited by Tina Benoit, 04 January 2016 - 03:07 PM.

#6 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:13 PM

View PostMothermoy, on 01 January 2016 - 06:02 PM, said:

was just running a pug clan-war, just simply for more stocking pulls. When i load up.....crap its 11 outa 12 premade on the other team. So im thinking ill do what damage i can.

Now dont get me wrong this group on the other team was really good, amazing in fact. Great teamwork. great plan. HOWEVER, it was obvious after the first 5 minutes this game was over.

HOWEVER Instead of just killing the gens, and being professional, this group proceeds to spawn farm every last one of us. Really guys? Without puggers this mode is deader then dead. When its obvious that you severely outclass the pug team you are against, just kill the gens and move on.

To many people have lives and professions and just don't have the time to commit to a unit or group. So instead of this units making CW more pug friendly, they were all complete and total morons. it may not matter, but i for one am done with CW.

I pose a question to all the larger units. Do you really think farming pug groups to the last mech, instead of just winning the match and moving on, will encourage us puggers to play? Really? and the sad thing is, this will not stop, this group will load up again, and farm every last mech AGAIN, and drive more puggers away. This CW mode is dead, and will stay dead.

More kills = More CBills

View PostCaptain Stiffy, on 01 January 2016 - 06:05 PM, said:

There is no matchmaking in CW, its part of the point. CW is not meant as a 'fair' matchmaking game mode. Sometimes you'll go up against people stronger than you, other times weaker, its how the way of war works.

View PostOdins Steed, on 01 January 2016 - 06:12 PM, said:

[Redacted] Gen Rushers.

I pug CW pretty much exclusively and I much rather getting farmed to the last mech. I hate seeing ten minutes of queuing up wasted so I can get paid nothing and do nothing. Even the very worst of stomps will still let me shoot something, but gen rush matches are just a waste. What you're suggesting would kill the mode way faster than any 12 man stomp.

I would love to see some CW maps that are objective blocked. Requiring you to break gens one after another to finally get to Omega. It would bring another style of map to the CW mode and break the monotony of multi-gen Omega rushes.

Edited by Tina Benoit, 04 January 2016 - 03:07 PM.

#7 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:13 PM

People used to kill the generators with light rushes to end matches quickly. But quite a few others loudly whined and cried to PGI about it. As a result, the generators were massively fortified.

So nowadays, people show no mercy and just maximize points by slaughtering everyone.

#8 Mothermoy

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:15 PM

[Redacted] Gen Rushers.

I pug CW pretty much exclusively and I much rather getting farmed to the last mech. I hate seeing ten minutes of queuing up wasted so I can get paid nothing and do nothing. Even the very worst of stomps will still let me shoot something, but gen rush matches are just a waste of time. What you're suggesting would kill the mode way faster than any 12 man stomp.

in the match i was in there was no shooting. as soon as we dropped they were there to kill us. PGI has to do something about this, cause, who knows mabye there are more like you who would rather sit back and watch your team get farmed. i for one, want to get this over with, and get to the next match.

#9 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:17 PM

some pugs just want to get stomped. had that earlier with ITX in my group as i was going solo.
we wanted to be fair to the full pug team and didnt stomp them that hard BUT.....
what should you do if you are holding territory and they just come into the gates?....
of course the only solution to end it somehow without having a boring endless waiting game on both sides was to fight out.

there are always 2 sides. if u dont come in and at least try to play as you wanted to win you cant expect to not get stomped back to the dropzones.

someone will always cry. gen rushing was really terrible, much more terrible than just beeing stomped but at least getting a fight.

#10 old man odin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 270 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:17 PM

View PostMothermoy, on 01 January 2016 - 06:15 PM, said:

in the match i was in there was no shooting.

There's your problem. Try shooting back next time, it'll help immensely.

#11 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:20 PM

View PostMothermoy, on 01 January 2016 - 06:15 PM, said:

in the match i was in there was no shooting. as soon as we dropped they were there to kill us. PGI has to do something about this, cause, who knows mabye there are more like you who would rather sit back and watch your team get farmed. i for one, want to get this over with, and get to the next match.

All drop zones need to be placed off limits to the other team, it would stop the spawn camping at least.

There need to be barriers to prevent sniping into them, as well. We pushed attackers back to their drop on the 2 gate canyon one and just sat there sniping them as they dropped in. It really was terrible but it was nearly the end of the match and they hadn't pushed much, we got restless.

Edited by MauttyKoray, 01 January 2016 - 06:22 PM.

#12 Mothermoy

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:21 PM

There is no matchmaking in CW, its part of the point. CW is not meant as a 'fair' matchmaking game mode. Sometimes you'll go up against people stronger than you, other times weaker, its how the way of war works.

there are a PLETHORA of things larger units can do to make this mode more pug friendly.

1. when you realize a stomp is on, offer to hold off, let the other team form up, then 12 v 12 them again. Give them pointers tips help them learn.

2. When you realize a stomp is on, pause and ask the other team if they want to keep on shooting it out, or just kill the gens and move on.

3. make it to where pugs never launch against a premade. However PGI cant do this, as there is not a large enough population to sustain CW

its simple folks, the future and life of CW is in the hands of the Larger units. You have two choices here....1. work on your PR, figure out how to win, yet soften the blow for the puggers. Do everything you can to get more people to play this mode. oooor 2, continue to spawn farm, and drive the puggers away.

View PostOdins Steed, on 01 January 2016 - 06:17 PM, said:

There's your problem. Try shooting back next time, it'll help immensely.

there was no shooting back, the moment you dropped 5 plus mechs were focusing you and you were dead.

#13 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:22 PM

[Redacted] Gen Rushers.

Yes, i like doing 3k damage and get those LPs and scores (loss or win) and its a bummer when a team just gen rush.

but you need to see it from the new guy's perspective.

My advice would be to choose your drop deck wisely. Bring heavy hitters and mechs that can kill fast (thunderbolts, blackjacks, battlemasters, KGCs). Don't yolo, take your time, wait for the enemy and pick them off slowly!

Edited by Tina Benoit, 04 January 2016 - 03:09 PM.

#14 Mothermoy

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:24 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 01 January 2016 - 06:22 PM, said:

Yes, i like doing 3k damage and get those LPs and scores (loss or win) and its a bummer when a team just gen rush.

again if damage was possible, i would understad your point. However there was no damage possible in this mode. The moment we drop 5 mechs focused you and you are dead.

im not saying auto rush gens, However when you realize you are against a pug as a unit, and its a complete stomp, at least try to think of the other guy. Either give him a chance to do something, or just put him out of his misery and move on.

Edited by Mothermoy, 01 January 2016 - 06:26 PM.

#15 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:24 PM

Just to throw it out there, but you don't need to invest any time into joining a unit. Not every unit requires a time investment. CbR1 has 60 pilots, our own ts server and our only rule is don't be a dink. Our guys play when they can, use the mechs they want and we still do very well. If the cw pug scene sucks, (it does) find a unit like ours so you can assure yourself of at least a few guys to drop with and almost never have to solo. No one in units like ours will ever call you out for attendance so I wouldn't write off the unit experience so quickly I'd I were you. Look around; you may find one that suits you and your style.

#16 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:26 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 01 January 2016 - 06:22 PM, said:

To be fair the objective is the point of the mode, so if it is done you literally cannot complain. They played CW as it was meant to be played, taking the objective.

I think it might be a difference if killing was rewarded less than 'winning' for CW (the after match bonuses).

View PostMothermoy, on 01 January 2016 - 06:24 PM, said:

again if damage was possible, i would understad your point. However there was no damage possible in this mode. The moment we drop 5 mechs focused you and you are dead.

Again, drop zones need to be protected by barriers and out of bounds for the other team.

#17 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:27 PM

To be fair the objective is the point of the mode

But the greatest rewards come from farming the other team not just completing the objective.

Thats the same reason why assault and conquest fail as gamemodes and just deteriorate into skirmish

#18 Mothermoy

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:28 PM

View PostMauttyKoray, on 01 January 2016 - 06:26 PM, said:

Again, drop zones need to be protected by barriers and out of bounds for the other team.

this would help alot.

#19 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:29 PM

View PostMothermoy, on 01 January 2016 - 06:02 PM, said:

was just running a pug community warfare, just simply for more stocking pulls. When i load up.....crap its 11 outa 12 premade on the other team. So im thinking ill do what damage i can.

what are "Clan Wars?"

#20 old man odin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 270 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:29 PM

View PostMothermoy, on 01 January 2016 - 06:24 PM, said:

im not saying auto rush gens, However when you realize you are against a pug as a unit, and its a complete stomp, at least try to think of the other guy. Either give him a chance to do something, or just put him out of his misery and move on.

I think the problem is you, not the groups. I drop against twelvemans as pugs regularly and win, not just do well. There's no reason you should be doing nothing just because you dropped against a group. Being in a unit does not magically mean you win. All it means is you've passed the bare minimum of competency for people to want to play with you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users