Tbt Is Dead

10 replies to this topic

#1 itisasitis

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 01:55 AM

Welll, this forum section is as dead as the TBT...

In my opinion there is absolutely nothing a TBT can do that another mech can't do better. I own the TBT-LG hero mech, and took it for a swing the other day. Even with a solid SRM "meta" build it's horribly outclassed by e.g. GRF-2N, which ALSO has an ECM.

PGI, would be great to know if you are doing anything to revive the TBT. I don't know lore-wise what would be a good role for it, but it's basically a dead mech.

#2 Fox With A Shotgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 02:12 AM

View Postoctopec, on 02 January 2016 - 01:55 AM, said:

In my opinion there is absolutely nothing a TBT can do that another mech can't do better. I own the TBT-LG hero mech, and took it for a swing the other day. Even with a solid SRM "meta" build it's horribly outclassed by e.g. GRF-2N, which ALSO has an ECM.

PGI, would be great to know if you are doing anything to revive the TBT. I don't know lore-wise what would be a good role for it, but it's basically a dead mech.

Trebs in lore are supposed to be the back-line missile support forms of the Centurion. They're supposedly very very good with LRM, but have problems with supply of missiles. Not sure what they can do to fix this, tbh.

#3 itisasitis

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 02:59 AM

Well, I can always go the lore route then and try it with LRMs. Which I did. And yes, not that impressive. Thanks for the insight AW!

#4 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 January 2016 - 03:03 AM

View PostArcturusWolf, on 02 January 2016 - 02:12 AM, said:

Trebs in lore are supposed to be the back-line missile support forms of the Centurion. They're supposedly very very good with LRM, but have problems with supply of missiles. Not sure what they can do to fix this, tbh.

HBK-4J levels of LRM quirkage. Even during the previous balance set the TBT was outclassed by the HBK-4J, when the TBT was supposed to be the more renowned LRM mech...

#5 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 02 January 2016 - 05:30 AM

Lorewise the Trebuchet is an underarmored, under ammunitioned, slow LRM Mech that is used when nothing other is available or fiscaly manageable. Simply a budget arty Mech thats it.

Edited by The Basilisk, 02 January 2016 - 05:33 AM.

#6 itisasitis

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 10:00 AM

It's like the LRM urbie :)

#7 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 02 January 2016 - 10:50 AM

View Postoctopec, on 02 January 2016 - 01:55 AM, said:

Nothing wrong with the Tbt other than it looks bad, the Tbt is supposed to look like a bigger beefed up Commando, we got a slice of toast with legs and arms.

#8 Hexenhammer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 02 January 2016 - 11:21 AM

Not all mechs are created equal and there is nothing we can do about that.

Urbanmech anyone?

#9 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 January 2016 - 11:24 AM

tbt-7k still works.
i even used a hilarious loadout with 2 er large lasers, 2 srm4 + 2 mg's and a massive XL ...... that was fun :> but there were no quirks on mechs back then.

#10 itisasitis

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 11:31 AM

I do think there's something wrong with a mech that's outshined in EVERY department... I'd take an urbie over a TBT any day.

And yes, PGI CAN actually increase viability easily by giving good quirks.

Edited by octopec, 02 January 2016 - 11:41 AM.

#11 Davy J0nes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 139 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 10:59 AM

I would suggest giving the LG - spread when it comes to them srms as one of its problems is the missiles simply spread to much. In my eyes this is why the griffins out pass the treb since is hard point locations are better for this. - OR something what hasn't been done give the LG huge range buff to its srms

So give the LG - spread quirks OR better heat quirks. the current 10% quirks are just not enough not for the treb anyway.

Lore wise you could even say its ok since the treb was meant to be great with missiles anyway.

Also Please give the LG CT armor quirk since it meant for up close

Trb - 5n - 3c - 7m

Currently these 3 have focuses on LRMs and thats fine for the most part but there just to much of the same mech.
Instead each should focus more on ether CD - Spread - velocity - heat then from the other.

Example 5n I believe the current idea was to put it in the middle of the trebs from looking at the current quirks.The mech itself is the 3c only slowly with the same weapons 4 energy 2 missile.

Suggest - missiles fire the fastest ( has 10% at the moment but they all do at the moment )

The 3C fastest treb same weapons as the 5n only one energy in the center instead.

currently has small buff to lrms in all areas the 5n actually has better buffs currently then the 3C and I can see why since it has to be the way because the 3C is faster. Because of this I would suggest simply making them LRM quirks for SRM as well.

7m Has good CD quirks and heat quirks for missiles atm no idea to me it does well.

Trb 5J

the energy boat when it comes to the trbs had the same STD laser quirks before patch I would simply make it for pulse lasers as well drop the 20% quirks in some areas to 15% if you have to. Reason even with the etc armor on the arms with a treb its arms simply still fall off as you are forced to use them to protect your wide center torso, and since the treb isn't getting a re scale any time soon at least giving players more options to try like medium pulse lasers in the arms is something, like once they lose an arm at least it wasn't 10tons from 2 large lasers gone instead it was 4 tons you get the idea I hope.

Finally the 7k the only thing I would change is that Ac/5 cd forget it and just make it ballistics 20% from 15% its a very small change and honestly more a personal wish ha prob my fav mech love the thing.

My suggestions anyway. I own them all if that helps ha

Edited by Fanto, 01 February 2016 - 07:47 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users