49 replies to this topic

#41 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 09:24 PM

View PostLMP, on 17 October 2016 - 09:20 PM, said:

No, because 69.7 kph.

Oh? Hmmm...

Well... Hmmm... 69 kph sounds pretty good to me...

#42 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 17 October 2016 - 09:26 PM

HA . . I was wondering why the warhammer was not mentioned, till I reached the post about them being released soon, then it was then I noticed the post dates.

wasn't going to say anything but it's been a while since I last posted Posted Image

#43 LMP

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 277 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 11:51 AM

View PostAleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky, on 17 October 2016 - 09:24 PM, said:

Oh? Hmmm...

Well... Hmmm... 69 kph sounds pretty good to me...

You may as well drive an assault mech then.

#44 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 19 October 2016 - 01:25 PM

View PostLMP, on 19 October 2016 - 11:51 AM, said:

You may as well drive an assault mech then.

If you are nothing but a solo pug player, sure, I guess..

If you play in groups, then you would know that a group of 3 or more has limited tonnage. This means not everybody can play the Skill Bear (KDK-3).

Also, if you play Faction Warfare (god forbid) you may not want to dedicated so much tonnage to an assault. Plus the Night Gyr can pop-tart to a point, the assaults cannot.

I should also add that the Night Gyr is usually not going to be the big priority target that an assault mech will be.

#45 BCAW

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 92 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 01:49 PM

View PostLMP, on 17 October 2016 - 09:20 PM, said:

No, because 69.7 kph.

eh... speed doesn't matter that much in today's dakka/ppfld meta if you ask me. 69.7 kph is more than enough when you can out-dakka most things at 500 meters.

also, in today's meta, high mounts > speed

#46 Flak Kannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 581 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 01:55 PM

I'll throw down an opinion.

Many would say the Timberwolf. It seems to be the World Championship Heavy used most often, as well as the Warhammer, with a sprinkling of Grasshopper and/or BlackKnight.

My style of play at the moment favors 'Rapid Mobility'. In fast Out faster, hit and run.

Therefore, I do well in the Ebon Jag at 87.1 kph, or the Quick Draw with Max STD engine, Max Jump Jets and Max SRM6's.. hit and run.

Others play styles will dictate what chassis works best for them.

Enjoi

Edited by Flak Kannon, 19 October 2016 - 01:56 PM.

#47 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 03:27 PM

View PostFlak Kannon, on 19 October 2016 - 01:55 PM, said:

I'll throw down an opinion.

Many would say the Timberwolf. It seems to be the World Championship Heavy used most often, as well as the Warhammer, with a sprinkling of Grasshopper and/or BlackKnight.

My style of play at the moment favors 'Rapid Mobility'. In fast Out faster, hit and run.

Therefore, I do well in the Ebon Jag at 87.1 kph, or the Quick Draw with Max STD engine, Max Jump Jets and Max SRM6's.. hit and run.

Others play styles will dictate what chassis works best for them.

Enjoi

The MWOWC client does not have the Night Gyr as a possible pilotable mech due to the Night Gyr being released after the MWOWC begining start date

#48 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 19 October 2016 - 03:29 PM

View PostAleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky, on 19 October 2016 - 03:27 PM, said:

The MWOWC client does not have the Night Gyr as a possible pilotable mech due to the Night Gyr being released after the MWOWC begining start date

Gotta love how the tournament does not represent the product.

#49 Haacknslay

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 11:04 AM

I think i will get a bit off Topic.
When i first started i was searching for a good mech and i finally come to the Hunchback Chassis while it´s a good Chassie which is variable, i wouldn´t recommend it to a new player. Just because it felt real slow to earn credits and stuff.
So even if it was good for my Skill as a Player to test new Weapons and getting used to the Heat System etc.
When u ask me now which Mech i would recommend you first i would say go for the Awesome-8R
Go with this LRM Boat Build http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9f5ce7d7c2803ac
and u will earn Credits cheap and dirty.
Even if i get hated now from most Pro Players to recommend a LRM Boat as first Mech, nothing in this game is easier to play and get high dmg btw credits.

#50 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 23 October 2016 - 07:31 AM

Best mechs for the IS and clan are as follows

Inner Sphere
--------------------------
1)Thunderbolt : The sheer meta you can do with this mech is great. With 3 large pulse lasers and 2 med pulse lasers I only bring this bad boy out when I dont have time to mess with tournaments and just want to get the daily done. I get about 600-900 damage with it and its a beast with a great torso twist and can run very fast for a heavy mech.

2)Marauder: I dont think you can purchase them at the moment but if you have some money or wait for them to go on c-bill purchase I would suggest you do get the whole line of them. I had one game where I dont know how I survived vs 5 mechs pounding me but killed every single one of them and got a damage score of 1475. They work very well with a high torso mounted ballistic slot.

Clans
------------------------------------
Timberwolf : I cant speak much on this guy as I only have one but I have all the omni pods for it and its a very versatile mech to have with high missile omni-pod mounts so you can sneak up above a hill. I've seen them take a pounding as well and dish it out.

Summoner/Ebon Jag/Hellbringer : I only have the hellbringer for thoes clan mechs and havent done anything with it as of yet but from what i've seen the Ebon Jag would be the choice for you to have as a starter mech to get.

The only problem with clan vs Inner Sphere is that when you purchase clan mechs are about 4 times as much so you dont get too many mechs to play with. The Inner Sphere gets more mechs for less cost with more quirks. but the clans have better range/weapons and technology than the inner sphere so you have to make a choice.

I hope that helps you in picking a heavy mech my friend and "I'll see you on the battlefield"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users