Clan Uac20 And Lbx 20

balance

15 replies to this topic

#1 SJ MetalDeath

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pirate
  • 244 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 01:57 AM

it seems to me that they have far to much ghost heat if you mounting more than one ..

#2 Jack Spade Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 432 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 08 January 2016 - 10:44 AM

Clan UAC20 LB20X arent usefull weapons, so dont worry or bother to use them... theres a reason why those weapons arent popular, too many known bugs and bad hit reg makes it a bad weapon. Avoid those...
If you want to use a balisic weapon while in clans, use the gauss, its the only good weapon, rest is just waste of tonnage

#3 Gattsus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 843 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 09:41 PM

View PostSpadejack, on 08 January 2016 - 10:44 AM, said:

Clan UAC20 LB20X arent usefull weapons, so dont worry or bother to use them... theres a reason why those weapons arent popular, too many known bugs and bad hit reg makes it a bad weapon. Avoid those...
If you want to use a balisic weapon while in clans, use the gauss, its the only good weapon, rest is just waste of tonnage

unlike you can't aim **** like me and you need faster shooting rates.

#4 Jack Spade Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 432 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 29 January 2016 - 12:50 PM

View PostGattsus, on 28 January 2016 - 09:41 PM, said:

unlike you can't aim **** like me and you need faster shooting rates.

Not really, what i said is the truth.
There is a reason why clan ACs arent popular. There is a proposition to Russ Bulloc to make clan ACs just like IS ACs, one shot only. Except the UACs

#5 Azalie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 341 posts
  • LocationThe Warp

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:28 AM

Clan LBX 20 has no ghost heat for firing two at a time. Not sure about 3 but I don't know of any mech that can bring 3 C-LBX20 on one chassis. And don't listen to the haters the LBX's are fun to use and seem to be working fine. Been rocking a Dire Wolf with 2 LBX20 and 2 LBX10 since clans launched and I've been having a great time with it. Even better since they buffed the LBX10 ammo/ton.

Edited by Azalie, 30 January 2016 - 12:29 AM.

#6 Jack Shayu Walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 01:19 PM

Despite what Spade says, UAC/5s and UAC/10s are quite viable. UAC/20s have projectiles that are a bit slow and the gun eats through ammo like nobodies business, but it can still be effective on the right brawler mechs. UAC/2s... well they're very underwhelming, equip at your own risk. Regular ACs are only useful when you essentially want to group ACs and UACs together so that only half your weapons will double fire and thus risk jamming. If you're good at managing many different weapon groups, there's no reason to run ACs.

Edited by Jack Shayu Walker, 30 January 2016 - 01:21 PM.

#7 Jack Spade Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 432 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 30 January 2016 - 01:43 PM

View PostAzalie, on 30 January 2016 - 12:28 AM, said:

Clan LBX 20 has no ghost heat for firing two at a time. Not sure about 3 but I don't know of any mech that can bring 3 C-LBX20 on one chassis. And don't listen to the haters the LBX's are fun to use and seem to be working fine. Been rocking a Dire Wolf with 2 LBX20 and 2 LBX10 since clans launched and I've been having a great time with it. Even better since they buffed the LBX10 ammo/ton.

Dont get me wrong, LBxs are fun weapons! But, unfortunatly those still have some bugs associated...

View PostJack Shayu Walker, on 30 January 2016 - 01:19 PM, said:

Despite what Spade says, UAC/5s and UAC/10s are quite viable. UAC/20s have projectiles that are a bit slow and the gun eats through ammo like nobodies business, but it can still be effective on the right brawler mechs. UAC/2s... well they're very underwhelming, equip at your own risk. Regular ACs are only useful when you essentially want to group ACs and UACs together so that only half your weapons will double fire and thus risk jamming. If you're good at managing many different weapon groups, there's no reason to run ACs.

I agree with you, those can be usefull, but just that, not competitive, not elite. If the CACs get to be like IS ACs, that might make the diference. But remember, only CACs, not CUACs

#8 Havyek

• Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1,349 posts
  • LocationBarrie, ON

Posted 30 January 2016 - 06:03 PM

UAC5s and 10s are great. LBX are worthless and UAC20, while it hits like a truck, jams much too often to really work.

#9 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,573 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:14 PM

Actually, I've run into comp teams in CW who had specialized loadouts for very hot maps like Vitric Forge. Lots of UAC/10s...

#10 Jonathan Paine

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:42 PM

So far I have had success using:
Quad LB10s
Quad UAC10
Quad UAC5+lazors
Quad UAC2
Dual UAC20 + Dual LB10s
Dual UAC20s+ DUal LBs

Look, if you cant succeed with Clan ballistics, it is you. Despite PGI's flawed programming, these weapons are overall quite good.

#11 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,573 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 31 January 2016 - 12:28 AM

Much of the antipathy toward Clan UACs comes from their burst-fire mechanic. When the Clans launched, players who were used to the Inner Sphere ACs' punch damage immediately concluded (not without merit) that if they were going to have a burn-time style weapon, they might as well use instant-hitting lasers instead of worrying about projectile speeds - particularly since the higher heat and longer range of Clan weapons lent itself to the poke and peek playstyle anyway. This led to the advent of the Gauss/vomit long-range Clan meta we all know and love.

I think that lately we've seen a resurgence in complaints (though they never really went away) about Clan Autocannons because the nerf to Gauss Rifles and some lasers means that Clanners are looking for alternatives to the Gauss Rifle in their ballistic slot. Personally, one of my Ebon Jaguars uses an LB-20X as its ballistic for a close-combat build, but the times I've tried an UAC/20, they've felt lackluster. Particularly since all UACs can jam on the first shot...

However, to the extent that Clan ACs need help, the solution is not to allow the Clans to effectively boat more weapons by removing the Heat Scale limit.

#12 Jack Spade Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 432 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 31 January 2016 - 12:57 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 31 January 2016 - 12:28 AM, said:

Much of the antipathy toward Clan UACs comes from their burst-fire mechanic. When the Clans launched, players who were used to the Inner Sphere ACs' punch damage immediately concluded (not without merit) that if they were going to have a burn-time style weapon, they might as well use instant-hitting lasers instead of worrying about projectile speeds - particularly since the higher heat and longer range of Clan weapons lent itself to the poke and peek playstyle anyway. This led to the advent of the Gauss/vomit long-range Clan meta we all know and love.

I think that lately we've seen a resurgence in complaints (though they never really went away) about Clan Autocannons because the nerf to Gauss Rifles and some lasers means that Clanners are looking for alternatives to the Gauss Rifle in their ballistic slot. Personally, one of my Ebon Jaguars uses an LB-20X as its ballistic for a close-combat build, but the times I've tried an UAC/20, they've felt lackluster. Particularly since all UACs can jam on the first shot...

However, to the extent that Clan ACs need help, the solution is not to allow the Clans to effectively boat more weapons by removing the Heat Scale limit.

I agree with you
I propose for the normal CACs to do a single shot like IS ones. I would keep the CUACs the way they are. A trade-off from single shot to burst fire.
Also, PGI really needs to take care of the bug known to CUACs, that is a handycap... and the hit reg can be a pain also...

#13 Bloodweaver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 890 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 02:32 PM

The cUAC/10 is a fantastic weapon. Especially in pairs. cUAC/20, though... disappointingly weak. Jams too often, too hot, takes too long to reload - which is compounded further by the jamming issue.

#14 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:44 AM

You realize without the burst fire mechanic youd have x4 UAC10 direwolves firing 8 shells doing 10 damage each? Burst fire was absolutely necessary to make the UACs balanced.

However I see no reason the standard clan autocannons shouldnt fire single shells. Thered be a reason to at least consider using them then... youd be trading DPS for higher pinpoint damage.

cUAC/20, though... disappointingly weak

CUAC/20 is total garbage. For all the reasons already mentioned. And for the reason not mentioned: it takes up the same crit slots as TWO CUAC/10s!

CUAC/20 needs its lethality increased by reducing the number of bursts from 4 to 3 (3 shots that do 6.67 damage each). It also needs its heat reduced from 7 to 6. And it needs its jam chance reduced to 16% (same as UAC10). And even that probably wouldnt fix it... but its a start.

Edited by Khobai, 03 February 2016 - 09:58 AM.

#15 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 03 February 2016 - 01:35 PM

View PostSpadejack, on 08 January 2016 - 10:44 AM, said:

IMHO...

... it depends. Usefull as competitivewise or usefull as uncapable of matching high scores (and damage) with?

If competitive wise, i wouldnt say so. Most key moments in high tier (competitive) machtes happen at middle to long range anyway. You can basically finish of at short range, with any middle to long range weaponry.

As of group and pug queue's usage capabilities, i think that if uAC20 used correctly (u know proper chassis with proper [balistic] mounts), with patience, good situation awareness and positioning, proper precision and sense for coordinated (or improvised) cohesion you can deal so much damage and assists... (if not any kill) beyond bounds of your imagination.

After its buff, when devs and "balance" overlords decreased its burst to 4x 5d/shell from 5x4d/shell, and speeded up its overall burst duration (faster shooting and flying projectiles yay!) i must say i find 20 more than usefull. Not competitive tho. Or maybe yes who knows.

Not really into LB-Xs (never was as a matter of fact) because in order to be devastating with that weapon system, you need to be extremely close because as we all know (or as we all should) more damage into one component is more valuable than a spread damage across all components. Especially in early states of games.

So i agree there. LBX20 is not usefull much. Non of them are actually! Bad weapons!

uAC20 is bad as well as a matter of fact. Please buff in any way you find proper please!

Edited by MechB Kotare, 03 February 2016 - 01:39 PM.

#16 Havyek

• Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1,349 posts
  • LocationBarrie, ON

Posted 03 February 2016 - 01:53 PM

Honestly, I have no problem with the burst fire mechanic that the clan ACs use, however they should get either a shorter cooldown with lower heat (ACs) a decreased jam chance compared to IS UAC5s a shorter burst (which has already been reduced once). Or a combination of all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users