Weapon Pop-Up Improvement

2 replies to this topic

#1 Generic Internetter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 01:02 PM

I hereby suggest minor improvements to the Info window that pops up to provide weapon specifications.

1. Change the word "Cooldown" to something clear and relevant.

For new players, it's not unreasonable to assume that "Cooldown" is how long the weapon's heat takes to... well... Cool down!
Also... "COOL DOWN" and "COOL SHOT". Close enough to be mixed up, no?
Little bits of confusion like this could turn away new players. You know... Player who otherwise later purchase MC.

I don't know if the term is from table-top or BattleTech lore, but still...
Wouldn't "Reload" (for ammo-based weapons) and "Recharge" (for energy weapons) be more appropriate?

This should be a quick and easy fix; It's just text!

2. Add DPS and HPS to the specs.

Multiplying and comparing different weapon configurations is enough maths in my head.
Simply showing the DPS and HPS will remove a layer of complexity from the maths, and help prevent players from having to fumble around for a calculator. Players like me.

Again, a very easy fix. The number is just DAMAGE or HEAT divided by the COOLDOWN RELOAD/RECHARGE value. After two simple calculations, it's just text.

Here is what I mean:
Posted Image

PGI, please do. Thx.

Edited by Generic Internetter, 08 January 2016 - 01:04 PM.

#2 Generic Internetter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 10:26 AM

BUMP

#3 Cichol Balor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 354 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 10:56 AM

the better word you are looking for is probably cycle time. if changed to cycle time then duration + cooldown should be added to lower confusion even further.

so a laser with say 1 second duration and 1 second cool down would be changed to look like

duration 1.0
cycle time 2.0

Edited by Cichol Balor, 25 March 2017 - 10:57 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users