Unknown Failure

10 replies to this topic

#1 Soldner726

• Pip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 02:49 PM

So I came back after a while away and I cannot play this game anymore because it takes about 45minutes to log in with all the unknown failures, and then after matches it will randomly get stuck on "connecting". It takes about 2 hours to play 4 matches with this going on. My internet is working fine, I reinstalled, and verified the integrity. I tried to run the repair tool but I can't find it. On one of the rare occasions I got in someone said to reset the graphic settings and that didnt help either. Anyone else run in to this problem? I didn't have this problem before and nothing changed with my computer.

#2 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 13 January 2016 - 02:51 PM

Repair tool is now integrated into the launcher (for non-steam clients).

#3 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 06:12 PM

It's the little Gear shaped thingy in the upper right corner..on the launcher.. it closes launcher and opens repair tool, then start it from there.

#4 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 13 January 2016 - 06:32 PM

I have had similar problems

If you do get in game set your video settings except resolution to min

#5 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 13 January 2016 - 08:47 PM

This issue is usually related to your ISP.

#6 SQW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 09:04 PM

Sounds like your ISP connection is causing the problem. MWO's been running fine in Jan minus that one-time server issue last week.

There are times during the day my ISP connection goes on the fritz and I get Unknown Server Error d/c every 2 matches. Next time you get the same problem, check if your normal internet surfing is affected too. Check if Window or some other program is downloading patches in the background and of course, scan for trojans that hogs bandwidth too.

Oh, changing the video setting only affects your frame rate, not your connection speed.

#7 Soldner726

• Pip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 06:27 AM

Thanks, I'll call my ISP and have them come out to check the line, but I am using steam so I don't have the little gear thingy.

#8 ReemusX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 299 posts
  • LocationMidwest USA

Posted 14 January 2016 - 06:50 AM

Have you checked ping etc before calling them? They will simply have you do the whole power cycle mess before sending a tech out. Not sure where you are or who your ISP is or carrier but I am very experienced with the whole deal...i do it for a living self employed.

What is your ping like? Wireless or patched? Speedtest.net. I know a few people who complain that tethering with phone 4g lte has a lot of lag... BC their ping times are horrible and bounce all over.

Def sounds like an internal issue. I run about 20 devices on my wireless at home and usually can them when in MWO. helps a lot with traffic depending on your router/ap.

Also background programs. Updaters etc. will annihilate MWO connectivity I have noticed.

It is rare that the copper to the house/apt is the problem physically, so the ISP will try everything they can to keep from dispatching a tech to the house. Usually software/hardware is the issue...

I set my wireless AP to a static IP in the house and only allow certain devices on my "gaming AP" and it made night and day difference in MWO connections and ping times. Hope some of this helps. Would like to hear things got fixed up.

Edited by ReemusX, 14 January 2016 - 07:10 AM.

#9 TheoLu

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 73 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNapier, South Africa

Posted 14 January 2016 - 10:15 AM

I had this issue lasting some hours a few nights ago and it seems to be happening again tonight.
http://mwomercs.com/...nknown-failure/ <- this person here is also having the same issue.

Some advice on what can be done would be appreciated. Traceroute to mwomercs.com seems fine. I get the mechlab loading thing, then a spinning 'connecting' thing for about 20s before getting 'unknown failure' and being sent back to the login screen.

#10 The Red Priest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 137 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 17 January 2016 - 06:03 PM

View PostAnonyTerrorNinja, on 14 January 2016 - 10:15 AM, said:

I had this issue lasting some hours a few nights ago and it seems to be happening again tonight.
http://mwomercs.com/...nknown-failure/ <- this person here is also having the same issue.

Some advice on what can be done would be appreciated. Traceroute to mwomercs.com seems fine. I get the mechlab loading thing, then a spinning 'connecting' thing for about 20s before getting 'unknown failure' and being sent back to the login screen.

That's what happens to me. I contacted tech at mwo, but now they're ignoring me and won't respond to my emails, which I'm NOT happy about.

View PostReemusX, on 14 January 2016 - 06:50 AM, said:

Have you checked ping etc before calling them? They will simply have you do the whole power cycle mess before sending a tech out. Not sure where you are or who your ISP is or carrier but I am very experienced with the whole deal...i do it for a living self employed.

What is your ping like? Wireless or patched? Speedtest.net. I know a few people who complain that tethering with phone 4g lte has a lot of lag... BC their ping times are horrible and bounce all over.

Def sounds like an internal issue. I run about 20 devices on my wireless at home and usually can them when in MWO. helps a lot with traffic depending on your router/ap.

Also background programs. Updaters etc. will annihilate MWO connectivity I have noticed.

It is rare that the copper to the house/apt is the problem physically, so the ISP will try everything they can to keep from dispatching a tech to the house. Usually software/hardware is the issue...

I set my wireless AP to a static IP in the house and only allow certain devices on my "gaming AP" and it made night and day difference in MWO connections and ping times. Hope some of this helps. Would like to hear things got fixed up.

21 ping, 43.92 mb/s download, and 59.69 mb/s upload. I have double checked EVERYTHING on my computer, and it's running perfectly. Nothing is wrong with it. I think the problem is PGI's.

Edited by mrripley9, 17 January 2016 - 06:34 PM.

#11 il Cozzaro Nero

• PipPipPip
  • Staff Sergeant Major
  • Staff Sergeant Major
  • 86 posts
  • LocationRoma (Italia)

Posted 28 January 2016 - 12:45 PM

i had the same problem and i started to have it when my web band went down. I solved forcing the 32bit client instead my usual 64bit. It works for now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users