Russ On Twitter: We Are Going To Split The Units And Solo Drops In Community Warfare.

628 replies to this topic

#41 p4r4g0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 14 January 2016 - 10:56 PM

While I am still waiting to hear more details about this, I have to say that the suggestion Russ made to someone who dropped with different units for CW to make a 1 person unit was pretty silly.

So how do I deal with this if I want to drop in both group and solo queue due to irregular playing times, etc? Make a 1 man unit for group drops, disband it when I want to solo and then make another 1 man unit later for another group drop (since IIRC you cannot reuse a unit name that has been disbanded)?

Just how many times can this happen before you end up making unit names like "asdfasdfasdf"?

#42 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:05 PM

View PostKin3ticX, on 14 January 2016 - 07:17 PM, said:

I support the double queue but its a long run fix that may never get off the ground

On the one hand people are being pushed out of CW before they even had a chance. On the other hand there are probably not enough people to support two queues from the get go. If Phase 3 generates enough renewed interest it possibly will have enough.

Rather than tell these players to "get gud" or "join a unit" while we stomp them into the dirt we can try to give the 2-3 months or more that they need in a potentially less hostile environment.

I find the Solo and Unit queue acceptable as long as there is a combined queue fall back plan if the queues start to die.

Well, the bigger problem is PGI's "super slowness" to get things addressed in a timely manner.

A year before the Steam released, CW was finally here... and many took the time to play it. Even while CW Phase 1 wasn't really indicative of anything final, you had a glimpse of what was to come... unfortunately very little was changed when it came to Phase 2... where the novelty of staying in one faction indefinitely wore off, and many units took a turn at the wheel to get mechbays (and other swag) for their unit members.

It is pretty much on PGI that nothing had changed ultimately... but also blunderous design decisions like spawns in the path of the attacking groups which arguably easily soured many players so in essence if PGI/Russ ever decided to really see how CW works and how it looks to the new player (aka zero NPE for CW), then it would be a first.

Again.. this is mostly/all on PGI/Russ.

Edited by Deathlike, 14 January 2016 - 11:05 PM.

#43 Czarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 414 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:10 PM

View PostLivewyr, on 14 January 2016 - 12:54 PM, said:

Good Game, CW.

ggclose.

(To make this semi constructive)

"Untag -MS- in game..." Join faction in game as a solo. Make faction group of -MS- players.

Business as usual.

On another note:
How do planets get tags?

Ohh god im crossing my fingers that the talk of a CW solo queue goes forward

#44 Lupis Volk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:16 PM

wait so to PGI solo= un-united player.

well plow me sideways and call me Susie. i though solo was by one's self.

#45 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:30 PM

You know guys ... ever since I read this I was wondering if Russ even knew what a merciful introduction beginners have in the pubqueue, not to talk about those beginners that dare grouping up for pugging .
Because we know fully well, that there are longtime veterans of MW:O that keep their Tiers down by purpose to club beginners .

Is that any different from CW I wonder, and when recalling my few pubgames of recent ... I must say NO, they get clubbed in public queue as well .

Oh my god, quick, quick, invent another queue !!!!!!!
SAVE THE BEGINNERS FROM PUBLIC QUEUE !!!

Edited by Rad Hanzo, 14 January 2016 - 11:31 PM.

#46 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 15 January 2016 - 12:02 AM

Creating a 'solo' cue for a 'community'-centric gameplay type. God, I thought I'd heard it all.

Really hope this never sees the light of day...

#47 Der Hesse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 545 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 12:22 AM

I´m all for a queue for solo players.
I for my part can get some kills and damage in CW even when i´m in a pug against a team. But can i win those matches? in 99% of the time i can´t. So i just drop to grind some points with the knowledge that i will lose most matches and maybe, just maybe have a fun match against an other pug team from time to time. The last days i had a ratio around 10 stomps by premades to 1 fun pug/pug match.

Now you feel like telling me i should group up, im sure about that. Yes i could. And i also do from time to time. But most of the time i just want to get a fast match and don´t have the time to gather a full group. The fact that you can play a quick match and then do something else and play another one when you have enough time again is the reason why i play this game. Most other onlinegames need to much time (**** long dungeonruns or instances etc.).

I bet now you feel like telling me i should go to the normal solo queue then, aren´t you? Well, i did like 14.000 matches since the introduction of stats. The gamemodes are no fun for me anymore. CW is more tactical even in pug teams. CW matches are what makes me stay.

But to be honest, after getting 10 or more matches in a row where you knew you will most likely lose, whatever damage you do, how much kills you ever do i often enough feel like taking another break from the game until it changes or forever.

If even i feel like this although i can get more kills then i lose mechs in nearly every match, how onesided it ever may be, i can only imagine how this feels for newer players or such really just lacking skill. I bet we lost a very high number of new players to this.

So for me it is: Get this in as fast as possible!

#48 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 12:24 AM

View PostLupis Volk, on 14 January 2016 - 11:16 PM, said:

wait so to PGI solo= un-united player.

well plow me sideways and call me Susie. i though solo was by one's self.

From the bits of confusing information we are getting... Let's wait for the townhall and watch this landmine explode !!

https://twitter.com/...731178296578048

Just when I thought CW was getting interesting with the escalating Liao v Marik/Davion conflict. Posted Image

Edited by ShinVector, 15 January 2016 - 12:45 AM.

#49 Moebius Pi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 211 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 12:37 AM

Prepare the Salt-AC20!

Most of this doom saying stinks of units afraid of:

-Lack of matches (but wait, I thought the skilled units/players -wanted- the challenges and DIDN'T want to face pugs that don't give them that? Now that you're getting that, what's the beef... were you not as populous and important as you thought?)

-Due to wait times (but wait, I thought the real movers and shakers and majority of the game were unit-based... isn't that what's been spouted off repeatedly despite what PGI has stated? Why there was repeated talks about gates of entry or outright disbarring solos? Why is it such a backpeddle worthy problem now?)

-But are are really afraid they won't have consistent easy meat to grind (but wait, I thought the bulk of the vocal units -weren't- interested in seal clubbing, wanted CW to be for hardcore players only, and didn't want pugs/solos anywhere -near- their precious game mode... you're getting that pretty much so... again, what's the real beef?).

You won't be facing pugs anywhere near as much beyond units who are training new players or trying to learn on their own. You won't get as much cat-herding problems, or "pug liabilities". The bulk of the whining about those "dirty pug scrubs ruining your games" goes right out the window. The biggest issues brought up are CW content and the solo issue... one just got dented rather heavily in a largely positive way.

The pugs play with themselves primarily, outside of trashy unit-droppers wanting to farm (and they'll be easy to spot), and the units can go all hardcore mode until the cows come home without having to worry much.

The fact people are worried that pugs can -gasp-, win and lose matches against each other and impact the map with world flipping is bordering on outright pathetic and more than a little entitled because, what, their efforts don't matter? They should be the equivalent of ghosts so a minority of players can feel better about themselves tagging planets?

Please. A large number of the game wants to be involved and enjoy the different maps and gameplay, go figure, rather than feeling outright ostracized and disbarred from half the game they downloaded and often times put real money into because some ponce feels they're too good to play with the larger game community, and should have an entire set of maps and modes just to themselves. Congratulations, you've answered #5 of below.

I'd say a lot of mobas do well with the one word label of "toxic". MWO however has a special breed of community labelled "entitled", that is, when not really showing just how ******* whiny a niche gaming group can get.

If the population among the units is that ******* low and irrelevant, some groups should really have a look at why they're 1) not getting a big influx of the new players, 2) can't retain players, and 3) why if the mode should be some psuedo-ranked brawl, it's such a problem for the sharks to duke it out with other sharks, especially with the purportedly thriving league matches and more to fall back on. Hell, 4) Why the hell the mode should be catering to them at all, because, you know, -minority- vs what's good for the majority anyhow and 5) Why so many solos avoid them like a cancerous plague if they're so warm, welcoming, helpful and positive to new players.

I don't think population is the real issue at the heart of this, and I don't for one instant believe people are lambasting the split "for the good of the solos", especially given past sentiments. All the new content in the world won't stop it from being a pug-stomped wasteland in its current state (especially when said content is, in effect, being asked to placate a small band of players who don't want the majority of the game in "their" game mode).

I think it's just ****** gamer entitlement hiding under a mask for folks used to easy farming, who are basically afraid that their queue might implode due to their own actions and how it has impacted the mode over the course of CW to make it what it is now. But remember, it's -totally- just the game mode's fault in every instance. Totally.

Reality is a *****. Must really suck to finally start to face that cold, bleak thing regarding what CW looks like when the units are deprived of their sardine schools.

It's really, really just sad. Even given my frustrations with new/pug players in CW that crop up, I'm all for them having more of a chance to play the mode and finally have some real fun before they migrate to units.

Enjoy the shark tank folks. Many of you got -exactly- what you wanted, and now you're QQing that you have finally may have it. Nice to see the true colors shine through, the hypocrisy was old by the end of CW Beta 1. I'll be swimming in it regardless of how often I get mauled anyhow, trying to get my new folks prepped for the bloody, chum filled waters down the road.

#50 Javenri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts
  • LocationAthens, Greece

Posted 15 January 2016 - 01:01 AM

View Postl)arklight, on 14 January 2016 - 10:47 PM, said:

New player's would better learn from playing in regular que under the protect of a match maker, having new player's jump straight into Community Warfare where you need 4 solid mech's and has no match maker is the problem here.

Preventing them from jumping into Community Warfare before they have those 4 solid mechs and spent that time learning the game through regular que and tiering up is a much better idea than completely destroying grouped play which is what separating the ques will do because there isn't enough population to support a grouped que.

All that will happen is that grouped player's will get tired of waiting in grouped que and join the solo que and keep stomping player's. New player's playing CW before they are ready is the problem here, not grouped play. By destroying grouped que, you may as well as get rid of planet conquest and Unit's all together. Who need's that when you have a dominant solo que based population, what a game that will be Posted Image .

Exactly this. The best solution for end-game content is to keep it end-game. The simplest solution is that in order to participate in it would be to have 4 mechs with Elite skills. The amount of matches needed to achieve that verifies that a player has seen some considerable action and is not simply learning the game. Experienced solo players can fit way easier to some existing unit players that are already in team and be helpful instead of a burden. Filtering out novice players protects them and veteran players from grievances (although for differnet reasons). They will have something to anticipate as they go through the learning curve of the game and hopefuly by the time they become eligible, PGI will have make something more meaningful out of CW...

Edited by Javenri, 15 January 2016 - 01:03 AM.

#51 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 15 January 2016 - 01:04 AM

Lupis I am still giggling from that expression.

Marvelous.

#52 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 15 January 2016 - 01:28 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 15 January 2016 - 01:04 AM, said:

Lupis I am still giggling from that expression.

Marvelous.

I aim to please~

Susie. xox

#53 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 02:37 AM

View PostMoebius Pi, on 15 January 2016 - 12:37 AM, said:

Prepare the Salt-AC20!

Most of this doom saying stinks of units afraid of:

-Lack of matches (but wait, I thought the skilled units/players -wanted- the challenges and DIDN'T want to face pugs that don't give them that? Now that you're getting that, what's the beef... were you not as populous and important as you thought?)

-Due to wait times (but wait, I thought the real movers and shakers and majority of the game were unit-based... isn't that what's been spouted off repeatedly despite what PGI has stated? Why there was repeated talks about gates of entry or outright disbarring solos? Why is it such a backpeddle worthy problem now?)

-But are are really afraid they won't have consistent easy meat to grind (but wait, I thought the bulk of the vocal units -weren't- interested in seal clubbing, wanted CW to be for hardcore players only, and didn't want pugs/solos anywhere -near- their precious game mode... you're getting that pretty much so... again, what's the real beef?).

You won't be facing pugs anywhere near as much beyond units who are training new players or trying to learn on their own. You won't get as much cat-herding problems, or "pug liabilities". The bulk of the whining about those "dirty pug scrubs ruining your games" goes right out the window. The biggest issues brought up are CW content and the solo issue... one just got dented rather heavily in a largely positive way.

The pugs play with themselves primarily, outside of trashy unit-droppers wanting to farm (and they'll be easy to spot), and the units can go all hardcore mode until the cows come home without having to worry much.

The fact people are worried that pugs can -gasp-, win and lose matches against each other and impact the map with world flipping is bordering on outright pathetic and more than a little entitled because, what, their efforts don't matter? They should be the equivalent of ghosts so a minority of players can feel better about themselves tagging planets?

Please. A large number of the game wants to be involved and enjoy the different maps and gameplay, go figure, rather than feeling outright ostracized and disbarred from half the game they downloaded and often times put real money into because some ponce feels they're too good to play with the larger game community, and should have an entire set of maps and modes just to themselves. Congratulations, you've answered #5 of below.

I'd say a lot of mobas do well with the one word label of "toxic". MWO however has a special breed of community labelled "entitled", that is, when not really showing just how ******* whiny a niche gaming group can get.

If the population among the units is that ******* low and irrelevant, some groups should really have a look at why they're 1) not getting a big influx of the new players, 2) can't retain players, and 3) why if the mode should be some psuedo-ranked brawl, it's such a problem for the sharks to duke it out with other sharks, especially with the purportedly thriving league matches and more to fall back on. Hell, 4) Why the hell the mode should be catering to them at all, because, you know, -minority- vs what's good for the majority anyhow and 5) Why so many solos avoid them like a cancerous plague if they're so warm, welcoming, helpful and positive to new players.

I don't think population is the real issue at the heart of this, and I don't for one instant believe people are lambasting the split "for the good of the solos", especially given past sentiments. All the new content in the world won't stop it from being a pug-stomped wasteland in its current state (especially when said content is, in effect, being asked to placate a small band of players who don't want the majority of the game in "their" game mode).

I think it's just ****** gamer entitlement hiding under a mask for folks used to easy farming, who are basically afraid that their queue might implode due to their own actions and how it has impacted the mode over the course of CW to make it what it is now. But remember, it's -totally- just the game mode's fault in every instance. Totally.

Reality is a *****. Must really suck to finally start to face that cold, bleak thing regarding what CW looks like when the units are deprived of their sardine schools.

It's really, really just sad. Even given my frustrations with new/pug players in CW that crop up, I'm all for them having more of a chance to play the mode and finally have some real fun before they migrate to units.

Enjoy the shark tank folks. Many of you got -exactly- what you wanted, and now you're QQing that you have finally may have it. Nice to see the true colors shine through, the hypocrisy was old by the end of CW Beta 1. I'll be swimming in it regardless of how often I get mauled anyhow, trying to get my new folks prepped for the bloody, chum filled waters down the road.

So I get that you totally didn't read the majority of what was posted. Either that or it didn't make sense to you.

It's not that someones efforts don't matter - it's that you don't get to play poorly and still win the super bowl. You don't get to take a world from Clan Wolf by only playing newbies and pugs even though AWOL is queued and ready to go. All the talk about 'fair'. Being able to do so makes CW as a concept irrelevant - you're not playing faction vs faction, you're playing in a split queue with PSR grinding points on a leaderboard without ever having to actually fight the other faction as a whole.

That's the point. That's the point of CW. You want to beat the other guys? Great, it's all of them against all of you. Winner takes the world. Saying 'I'm going to kick your *** and take control of your world... but I'm not fighting any of those guys. They're too good for me to beat. Or those guys, they're too good at communicating. Well, not those guys either. They would beat me. That drunk and the little girl in the corner? I'll totally whup on them and beat ALL OF YOU.... because I beat those two.'

You want to WIN in CW, you want to take worlds and change the map, you play in the open environment. Your faction, all of you, against all of their faction. You want to play in a protected mode where you don't need to play people better than yourself, more coordinated and who communicate better? You play in the protected queue but you don't get the same rewards as playing in open play.

The entitlement here isn't units or anyone but the people saying they want all the rewards but less risk. They want the Olympic Gold Medal but to never have to play against Olympic athletes. That's entitled.

Split the queue? Absolutely, but you don't get to change the map unless you play out in the open. You want the big reward you have to be willing to play against the big players.

#54 DarklightCA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 774 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 15 January 2016 - 03:18 AM

[

View PostMoebius Pi, on 15 January 2016 - 12:37 AM, said:

Just going to ignore the majority of the garbage you said and address some small facts, first of all despite your condescending tone Community Warfare is a gamemode designed for that "trashy unit-droppers". Who they "farm" is completely chance because those non trashy solo-quer's decided to enter a end game content gamemode that has no match making and was designed for Unit conquest.

As much as I would love to face nothing but Unit's, there really is not very many currently playing Community Warfare that is capable of doing consistent 12 man's drops that would support it's own separate que. For some reason those solo quer's are the majority population in a gamemode about Unit's conquering planet's for there faction and those trashy Unit-dropper's require there population.

By separating que's you are completely destroying the grouped aspect of Community Warfare in favor of turning Community Warfare into another regular que. You might as well get rid of planetary conquest and Unit's right off the bat because they'd serve no purpose and bring in match making to better keep those dirty skilled trashy Unit-dropper's from further winning games against the super sexy handsome awesome solo quer's/new player's.

It's so completely frustrating to me that when new player's enter end-content gamemodes that is designed to be hard and designed for trashy Unit-dropper's that when they get stomped in it's no match making environment to coddle them that the first people you blame are the trashy Unit-dropper's that stomped rather then the system that allow's new player's to enter end-game content before they are even out of their diapers.

Community Warfare requires new player's to stay in the warmth embrace of regular que's match making untill they have the mechs, knowledge and understanding to play in Community Warfare and handle us trashy unit-dropper's. For anybody that is not new that supports this because they don't like getting trashed by trashy unit-dropper's then may I redirect you back to regular que? Why do you honestly need to turn Community Warfare into regular que when you ALREADY HAVE ONE.

The kicker to your comments though is that you actually think separate que's will change anything. There are not enough Unit's right now that can constantly field 12 man's to support a grouped que. All that will do is completely remove grouped play in favor of solo sync dropping. You will be playing against the same trashy Unit-dropper's only you get to call them dirty trashy Sync-dropper's now.

Instead of fixing the real issues of Community Warfare, by blaming Unit's for playing Community Warfare as it was designed to be played you have PGI wasting there time creating fixes for problem's that shouldn't exist in the first place. "Boohoo, a premade used teamwork to beat up my pug team. Why does this happen PGI?".

#55 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:55 AM

View Postl)arklight, on 15 January 2016 - 03:18 AM, said:

[

Just going to ignore the majority of the garbage you said and address some small facts, first of all despite your condescending tone Community Warfare is a gamemode designed for that "trashy unit-droppers". Who they "farm" is completely chance because those non trashy solo-quer's decided to enter a end game content gamemode that has no match making and was designed for Unit conquest.

As much as I would love to face nothing but Unit's, there really is not very many currently playing Community Warfare that is capable of doing consistent 12 man's drops that would support it's own separate que. For some reason those solo quer's are the majority population in a gamemode about Unit's conquering planet's for there faction and those trashy Unit-dropper's require there population.

By separating que's you are completely destroying the grouped aspect of Community Warfare in favor of turning Community Warfare into another regular que. You might as well get rid of planetary conquest and Unit's right off the bat because they'd serve no purpose and bring in match making to better keep those dirty skilled trashy Unit-dropper's from further winning games against the super sexy handsome awesome solo quer's/new player's.

It's so completely frustrating to me that when new player's enter end-content gamemodes that is designed to be hard and designed for trashy Unit-dropper's that when they get stomped in it's no match making environment to coddle them that the first people you blame are the trashy Unit-dropper's that stomped rather then the system that allow's new player's to enter end-game content before they are even out of their diapers.

Community Warfare requires new player's to stay in the warmth embrace of regular que's match making untill they have the mechs, knowledge and understanding to play in Community Warfare and handle us trashy unit-dropper's. For anybody that is not new that supports this because they don't like getting trashed by trashy unit-dropper's then may I redirect you back to regular que? Why do you honestly need to turn Community Warfare into regular que when you ALREADY HAVE ONE.

The kicker to your comments though is that you actually think separate que's will change anything. There are not enough Unit's right now that can constantly field 12 man's to support a grouped que. All that will do is completely remove grouped play in favor of solo sync dropping. You will be playing against the same trashy Unit-dropper's only you get to call them dirty trashy Sync-dropper's now.

Instead of fixing the real issues of Community Warfare, by blaming Unit's for playing Community Warfare as it was designed to be played you have PGI wasting there time creating fixes for problem's that shouldn't exist in the first place. "Boohoo, a premade used teamwork to beat up my pug team. Why does this happen PGI?".

Coordination and communication.

HAX!

In pug queue people who choose to take bad builds lose to people who take good builds. The guy who can focus his fire on damaged locations on mechs beats the spray and pray guy. This exact same reality plays out in every single match and in every single match you have two groups -

The people who realize that learning and using the right skills wins over not learning and using them

and

The people who think that since they showed up and did whatever they wanted they should be entitled to win just as often.

That's all this is. It's not about 'units' and 'pugs'. Most those 'pugs' you play in CW have unit tags, they're just pugging. You've practiced communication and coordination with similarly motivated people in the same way you've shared good builds and positioning and tactics and strategy. By playing with and against good players regularly you've gotten better, where as people who play poorly alongside bad players and against bad players have just gotten very practiced as being bad.

Good players, people who either already have or want to learn to hone their skills in communication and coordination gravitate to units the same way people who want to win trades gravitate to good builds, like the current laservomit meta. Someone who wants to win will gravitate towards the things that win; someone who wants to do their own thing without having to change or improve will gravitate towards making the same mistakes again and again.

So now we're at the point where CW, created as the place for units to play and a sort of open sandbox for faction vs faction war is being degraded to new maps/modes for the pug queue with a sort of faction leaderboard they can earn points for and new rewards for doing the same thing they've already done. Once again being in a unit and getting good at the game gets hamstrung and degraded to the same value as playing like a T5 steering wheel underhive scrublord.

I'm hoping there's some magic secret sauce that PGI hasn't mentioned that's going to make all this less stupid. At the moment I'm just glad I canceled my Reseen preorders.

#56 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 06:47 AM

Mischief it's kind of funny that you think its acceptable that pugs can long tom you and give away your position via radar pings and whatever other bonuses/penalties Russ was thinking of in scouting mode, but you think its complete H.S. that they don't have to get farmed by your unit in a match.

Also you flat out stated you would purposefully remove your unit tag to sync drop and farm pugs. Just saying, someone that's actually interested in making the game better for the entire player base doesn't even consider doing this last one.

#57 Der Hesse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 545 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 06:56 AM

View Postsycocys, on 15 January 2016 - 06:47 AM, said:

Mischief it's kind of funny that you think its acceptable that pugs can long tom you and give away your position via radar pings and whatever other bonuses/penalties Russ was thinking of in scouting mode, but you think its complete H.S. that they don't have to get farmed by your unit in a match.

Also you flat out stated you would purposefully remove your unit tag to sync drop and farm pugs. Just saying, someone that's actually interested in making the game better for the entire player base doesn't even consider doing this last one.

What do you think how many of the forum posters want to make the game better for the entire player base? Most are just following their agenda. This may include me too from time to time. ^^

#58 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 07:02 AM

No doubt. But, most people with an agenda aren't going to try to destroy both sides of the argument at the same time.

"CW is hard more for units and teams/groups", "Groups/Units don't intentionally farm pugs" -> "We are going to intentionally solo sync drop to farm pugs."
-- Its kind of like reading a book called Operation Idiocy.

#59 Pestilencio

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 8 posts
  • LocationThe People's Republic of Canada

Posted 15 January 2016 - 07:15 AM

I think the solo queue idea is really counterproductive. If the point is to grow the community so that there are more players supporting this game then why try to create smaller buckets of players who don't interact with one another? It seems that the hard core elements are trying to keep the MWO community as small as it possibly can.

Seal clubbing sucks but the counter to that is to join a unit. It helps promote social interaction and increases gamer retention. The solution is really that simple. Add a general, help, LFG and LF Unit chat functionality (like World of Tanks, etc..) so that people can find one another or ask other players questions without having to leave the game.

#60 MechWarrior3671771

• 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 15 January 2016 - 07:15 AM

View PostJavenri, on 15 January 2016 - 01:01 AM, said:

The best solution for end-game content is to keep it end-game.

CW is not end-game content. You can slap a label on it, doesn't make it so.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users